Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-12-2007, 02:24 AM   #1
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

Default somewhat of a good trade idea

if the lakers need to make changes its with the 4 and 5. the lakers lack strong intimidating big men. Dwight howard would be an excellent addition the lakers. you could trade lamar (for value purposes) and kwame for dwight and a pf/c
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Default Re: somewhat of a good trade idea

It would take more than that.

a lot more.

Kobe?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 03:32 AM   #3
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

I would give Bynum/Lamar/Vlad or Kwame and a Pick. That would be good, but Dwight is the Magic future so I dont think they would trade him at all.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

yea tradin howard is like trading yao or amare, once u have a pretty dominant young big, u have somthin that prolly only 5 other teams have n its the foundation for the future....u don't trade that
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:27 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

haha come on now, Magic would never ever do this.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:59 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

No way the Magic are even considering trading him. They are going to sign him to an extension this summer for max money and Dwight wants a long term deal. Of course LA or any team would trade for him in a heart beat. This just isn't realisitic at all.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 06:44 PM   #7
dd24
College superstar

Here are a couple of ideas that are different than the Howard, Garnett, O'neal ones we have seen. The Lakers could trade Kwame Brown & Vladimir Radmanovic for either Pau Gasol or Andrei Kirilenko. Now I really don't think Memphis is going to get rid of Gasol but the Kirilenko thing could be worth looking into, especially if he continues to be upset. The main issue there is Utah may not want to keep him in the west and the Knicks may look into trying to get him. Another idea is trying to trade Radmanovic for Brevin Knight. One more that I posted in another thread would be to package the Lakers pick in the draft with a player and try to move up into the lottery for a guy like Mike Conley Jr. If the Lakers are able to get away with trading Brown and Radmanovic and then resigning Chris Mihm I think they will be making definate improvements. Even though Mihm doesn't play defense quite as good as Brown, he's still far more of a scoring threat down low. I feel better about Mihm improving on his defense than I do with Kwame improving on offense. I think the only way to get somebody that is good into LA without losing Odom means Brown and Radman absolutely need to go in order to make salaries match up since theirs are # 3 and 4 on the team.
Old 05-12-2007, 08:07 PM   #8
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Here are a couple of ideas that are different than the Howard, Garnett, O'neal ones we have seen. The Lakers could trade Kwame Brown & Vladimir Radmanovic for either Pau Gasol or Andrei Kirilenko. Now I really don't think Memphis is going to get rid of Gasol but the Kirilenko thing could be worth looking into, especially if he continues to be upset. The main issue there is Utah may not want to keep him in the west and the Knicks may look into trying to get him. Another idea is trying to trade Radmanovic for Brevin Knight. One more that I posted in another thread would be to package the Lakers pick in the draft with a player and try to move up into the lottery for a guy like Mike Conley Jr. If the Lakers are able to get away with trading Brown and Radmanovic and then resigning Chris Mihm I think they will be making definate improvements. Even though Mihm doesn't play defense quite as good as Brown, he's still far more of a scoring threat down low. I feel better about Mihm improving on his defense than I do with Kwame improving on offense. I think the only way to get somebody that is good into LA without losing Odom means Brown and Radman absolutely need to go in order to make salaries match up since theirs are # 3 and 4 on the team.

I agree entirely with your Kirelinko and Knight trades. However, I don't care about moving up for Conley. He won't help for a couple years. If we got Knight, then Conley could sit and learn for a couple years then take over.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #9
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEinSD24
if the lakers need to make changes its with the 4 and 5. the lakers lack strong intimidating big men. Dwight howard would be an excellent addition the lakers. you could trade lamar (for value purposes) and kwame for dwight and a pf/c

Oh come on, now. You actually think Orlando would make that deal? No way.
I don't think the Lakers have anything (other than Kobe) that the Magic would give up Howard for. LA will have to look elsewhere. The problem is the Lakers only have 3 players worth anything in the trade market. Kobe, who they won't deal, Bynum and Odom. Trading Bynum at this point is taking a huge risk because he still might have huge upside. Realistically, I think the best the Lakers can hope for is to deal Odom, Smush Parker and a #1 for a serviceable power forward. With that package, they might have a shot at Zach Randolph. For less than that they could get Kenyon Martin, with his injury question and huge contract. Personally I like the Randolph deal. He's a headcase but the Lakers absolutely need a lowpost scoring threat and he's it.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:02 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
If we got Knight, then Conley could sit and learn for a couple years then take over.

That would be a very ideal situation. Heck, it would be the first time the Lakers would actually be deep in the PG position. I think Conley is one of those guys whose "NBA ready" meaning he will contribute a lot to whatever team drafts him. I'm not exactly sure where he'll go in the draft but I'm sure it will be lottery. I was just thinking if possibly he was projected to be a late lottery pick that would be an ideal situation for a team like the Lakers. One thing that can turn around a bad team fast (not that I'm saying the Lakers are bad) is the draft. Because if you pick right you are getting guys who can make an impact right away and they don't cost as much as those coveted free agents. The thing with mediocre teams is they have mediocre picks so they usually stay mediocre. With teams like Phoenix that have multiple first round picks and they are already very good, LA really needs to step up and make some dramatic changes.
Old 05-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #11
travelmonkey
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Here are a couple of ideas that are different than the Howard, Garnett, O'neal ones we have seen. The Lakers could trade Kwame Brown & Vladimir Radmanovic for either Pau Gasol or Andrei Kirilenko. Now I really don't think Memphis is going to get rid of Gasol but the Kirilenko thing could be worth looking into, especially if he continues to be upset.

The problem with fans talking trade is they always propose deals that work great for their team but that the other team would never do. No way Memphis deals Gasol for Kwame and Radmanovich. Not even close. They'd probably ask for Bynum as part of any package.
As for Kirilenko, he's a great shot-blocker but he's not a good fit for the Lakers. Walton plays his position well, and the Lakers don't have room for a 1-dimensional small forward who's basically a zero on offense. What they need is a big man.
travelmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 09:18 PM   #12
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Personally I like the Randolph deal. He's a headcase but the Lakers absolutely need a lowpost scoring threat and he's it

That would be another really good one. I just don't know if Portland really wants to let him go anymore and if so do they really want to let him go to LA. But he only makes 12 million so they could essentially pull off the trade with the same people I said above, Kwame Brown and Vladimir Radmanovic. Also Portland does have Jamaal Magloire who has says he wants out so Kwame could step in and be that back up to Joel Przybilla and come in as a defensive stopper. So they do kind of need a center. If Radman would step up a bit he may even be able to start. They already invested in LaMarcus Aldridge so he could play the PF position. It looks like it may be a win/win situation for both teams. We need to copy a link of this thread to Kupchak since I'm sure he isn't smart enough to have thought up these ideas :
Old 05-12-2007, 09:28 PM   #13
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
As for Kirilenko, he's a great shot-blocker but he's not a good fit for the Lakers. Walton plays his position well, and the Lakers don't have room for a 1-dimensional small forward who's basically a zero on offense. What they need is a big man.

Well I did say Memphis wouldn't go for it but I think Kirilenko would fit in just fine. He was an all star and still has the potential. Don't get me wrong, I like Luke Walton but he will never be an all star and really doesn't have that type of potential. He's a good team player but he'll never be the caliber of player that Kirilenko is. They do need a scoring big man but they could potentially resign Mihm.
Old 05-12-2007, 11:41 PM   #14
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

Kwame and Odom for Howard. That ridiculous. And why the hell would Orlando trade their franchise player for a crap center and an underachiever. The Magic aren't even getting close to good value in this deal, and Howard's contract is still his rookie one, so heres the breakdown

Magic lose:
-Their best player
-Millions of dollars in cap space
-Fans

Yep, great trade
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:06 AM   #15
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

yao isnt a dominate center, if he was utah would be out of the playoffs
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote