Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #1
fiddy
Raider of Rampage
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FTS and FTO
Posts: 14,727
Default Why people in the Balkans are racists

because of those mfers https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHVepmZLU0
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:11 AM   #2
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,921
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

I think Nationalistic is the more correct word... to the extreme, when speaking of ex. Yugoslavia at least, the breakup had nothing to do with race as all are slavic/illyrian (caucasian) & nothing to do with religion as Christians vs Christians fought.... Serbs/Slobodan wanted to make entire ex. Yugoslavia to "SERBIA" and nobody (except for Serbs, doh) wanted that/bailed out and Serbs/Slobodan didnt like that at all, so Slobodan decided to hunt everybody down like Jason Voorhees from Halloween... christians/orthodox vs christians/catholic, Croats & Serbs freakin hated eachothers guts, still do imo... what happened against Bosnians/Bosniaks (slavic muslims) however was just plain genocide from Serbs, not war, Bosniaks didnt want to fight & had no Army and were only running for their lives dodging bullets from all sides.... Serbs (Slobodan) went ham on everybody....

Racists? Dunno about that, all are Caucasians of either Slavic or Illyrian kind (mostly)... excluding the Gypsies...

Turks are Caucasian, they sure are just as WHITE as Greeks and Sicilians & Portuguese... who i find look like Turks especially compared to those Turks that live closer to EU (Istanbul/West Turkey), many Greeks can look like the darkest Arabs/Middle-Easterns.

Bulgarians i would assume are Nationalistic aswell, your hatred is different, nothing happened to you guys.. except for 100s of years ago... Turks/Ottoman empire... you have nowhere else to direct your hatred.... since its so long time ago you shouldnt direct any hatred anywhere at all actually.... Ottomans pwned like half the world lol... and even Muslims (North Africans for example) fought against them/disliked them...

Last edited by pauk : 08-03-2018 at 09:34 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:15 AM   #3
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,915
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
I think Nationalistic is the more correct word... to the extreme, when speaking of ex. Yugoslavia at least, the breakup had nothing to do with race as all are slavic/illyrian (caucasian) & nothing to do with religion as Christians vs Christians fought.... Serbs/Slobodan wanted to make entire ex. Yugoslavia to "SERBIA" and nobody wanted that/bailed out (and Serbs/Slobodan didnt like that at all)... christians/orthodox vs christians/catholic, Croats & Serbs freakin hated eachothers guts, still do imo... what happened against Bosnians/Bosniaks (slavic muslims) however was just plain genocide from Serbs, not war, Bosniaks didnt want to fight & had no Army and were only running for their lives dodging bullets from all sides....

Racists? Dunno about that, all are Caucasians of either Slavic or Illyrian kind (mostly)... excluding the Gypsies...

Turks are Caucasian, they sure are just as WHITE as Greeks and Sicilians & Portuguese... who i find are actually more darker than Turks especially compared to those Turks that live closer to EU (Istanbul/West Turkey), most Greeks can look like the darkest Arabs/Middle-Easterns.

Bulgarians i would assume are Nationalistic aswell, your hatred is different, nothing happened against you guys... except for 100s of years ago... Turks... you have nowhere else to direct your hatred....
Uh no. Most Turks look very Middle Eastern/Central Asian. Very few Greeks/Sicilians/Portuguese do. There are some white looking Turks due to the history of the region but most are not.

And most Greeks do not look like Arabs. Such BS. Ever been to Greece?
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:35 AM   #4
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,921
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Uh no. Most Turks look very Middle Eastern/Central Asian. Very few Greeks/Sicilians/Portuguese do. There are some white looking Turks due to the history of the region but most are not.

"Most Turks" you may be right, but those are that live Mid to East Turkey (which is where most Turks live, but there are also many actual non-Turks who live there)... naturally... im talking about West/Istanbul Turks... they look just as white as most South European countries, they even have many Blonde/Blue eyed people..... Turks look like Greeks.... your average Greek/Turk is dark haired & naturally pale but not visibly mostly as they mostly tan, its hot afterall.... in Turkey there are also ALOT actual middle-easterns (KURDISH people mostly, who are very dark, darker than Turks) so its easy to confuse with what an average Turk really looks like....

Quote:
And most Greeks do not look like Arabs. Such BS. Ever been to Greece?

First of all, i see you have never been to Portugal... those dudes are DAAAARRKKKKK..... arguably the darkest people in Europe.... nothing wrong with that, just saying... Christiano Ronaldo is a good looking fella but that is how dark your average Portuguese is & maybe even darker.... then the Portuguese people are the most mixed with the Darker kind (native Brazilians/North Africans) than any other Europeans.... look at Nani / Quaresma... very normal there....

Yes ive been to Greece, i live 1 stone throw away from Greece.... been/go there alot... have YOU been there? Better question is have you been there ENOUGH AND VISITED MOST OF GREECE??? and hence not confused a tourist with a Greek?

Greeks from my experience have the most dark people ive seen in Europe (excluding Portugal).... they have many blonde/blue eyed people, pale people... ofcourse... but also many/mostly Arab/Middle-Eastern looking people..... but ofcourse if you have dark hair and get a tan.... you look like that....

Ive been also to Turkey a couple of times, mostly West/Istanbul (and Alanya/Antalya).... Turks look just like GREEKS..... your average Turk/Greek is Dark haired/brown eyes... mostly pale... but they get a tan.... Turks also have many blonde/blue eyed people, ofcourse, but thats not the average look....

If you throw a random Turk into your random village in Greece and vice versa... you wouldnt tell the difference until they spoke....

If you look into History, the Ottomans mixed alot with Europeans.... what is Turkey/Istanbul today was actually GREECE... many of those Greeks there converted to Islam/became Turks....

EDIT: Actually, i forgot about CYPRUS!!!! Heard about that country? Those are greeks.... and they are probably even darker than Greeks (from Greece)/Turks/Portuguese...

Last edited by pauk : 08-03-2018 at 08:56 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #5
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,915
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Yes, I have been to Greece several times, I have family there. Most Greeks look like typical south Balkan people (Albanians, Bulgarians, etc). There are dark Greeks too (mainly from the islands Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus, etc) but even most of them despite being dark have European facial features.

There are plenty of blond Greeks, even some redheads.

And yes Portuguese are the darkest people in Europe but their facial features are also undeniably European.

That cant be said for most Turks. Yes there are white/Euro looking Turks due to the Ottoman history and to the native Anatolian populations that preceded Ottoman times but they are not the majority. Claiming that Turkey on the whole is just as white as Greece, Portugal, etc is just wrong. Turks are more like Labenese, Syrians, etc (some white looking people but generally middle eastern looking).

EDIT: After re-reading you post I agree that most western Turks are just as white as Greeks since their distant ancestors generally were Greeks before they were Turkified.

Last edited by JohnnySic : 08-03-2018 at 08:57 AM.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 08:53 AM   #6
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,309
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Wow so the ottomans were the ones that buried over 100 thousands Bosnians in mass graves all over ex yugoslavia.

stfu fakkit
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:06 AM   #7
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,921
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Yes, I have been to Greece several times, I have family there. Most Greeks look like typical south Balkan people (Albanians, Bulgarians, etc). There are dark Greeks too (mainly from the islands Crete, Rhodes, Cyprus, etc) but even most of them despite being dark have European facial features.

There are plenty of blond Greeks, even some redheads.

And yes Portuguese are the darkest people in Europe but their facial features are also undeniably European.

That cant be said for most Turks. Yes there are white/Euro looking Turks due to the Ottoman history and to the native Anatolian populations that preceded Ottoman times but they are not the majority. Claiming that Turkey on the whole is just as white as Greece, Portugal, etc is just wrong. Turks are more like Labenese, Syrians, etc (some white looking people but generally middle eastern looking).

EDIT: After re-reading you post I agree that most western Turks are just as white as Greeks since their distant ancestors generally were Greeks before they were Turkified.

Yes, that i agree with.

I come from South Europe, ex. Yugo (or would that be more like mid europe?) am half Croatian/Bosnian (Bosniak Muslim Father), i am Blonde / Green Eyes... extremly pale, cant tan at all... and no i didnt get that side from my Catholic Croatian mother, she is actually very dark... my muslim father is the Blonde & pale guy.... most South Europeans look similar imo, we are kinda mixed with the hair color thing, my sister has black hair & brown eyes... my brother is blonde, my cousins are blonde or dark haired and so on and so on... its just normal there.....

The further you go down Europe (the furthest down would be Cyprus, those dudes are DARK! Greek btw) the more dark haired people you find...

The further up you go (like Norway) the more blonde haired people you find, its funny actually, i live/work in Denmark and i would say 99.9% of the Danes are blonde (and some Ginger), Scandinavians are like that (Norwegians, Danes, Swedes), there is no other place in Europe like that... its EXTREMLY rarely you can find a brown haired / brown eyed Scandinavian.... but many (women) actually color their hair blonder tho aswell...

In between (France) its very mixed (hair color), like in ex. Yugoslavia & its thereabouts & ITALIA & Spain kinda, you can find Scandinavian looking dudes and Middle-Eastern looking dudes....

But imo its only Scandinavians who have a specific look hair color wise as every single damn person is BLONDE..... nobody else in Europe, not even Germans...

Last edited by pauk : 08-03-2018 at 09:23 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:18 AM   #8
JohnnySic
green is good
 
JohnnySic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 10,915
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauk
Yes, that i agree with.

I come from South Europe, ex. Yugo (or would that be more like mid europe?) am half Croatian/Bosnian (Bosniak Muslim Father), i am Blonde / Green Eyes... extremly pale, cant tan at all... and no i didnt get that side from my Catholic Croatian mother, she is actually very dark... my muslim father is the Blonde & pale guy.... most South Europeans look similar imo, we are kinda mixed with the hair color thing, my sister has black hair & brown eyes... my brother is blonde, my cousins are blonde or dark haired and so on and so on... its just normal there.....

The further you go down Europe (the furthest down would be Cyprus, those dudes are DARK! Greek btw) the more dark haired people you find...

The further up you go (like Norway) the more blonde haired people you find, its funny actually, i live/work in Denmark and i would say 99.9% of the Danes are blonde, Scandinavians are like that (Norwegians, Danes, Swedes), there is no other place in Europe like that... its EXTREMLY rarely you can find a brown haired / brown eyed Scandinavian.... but many (women) actually color their hair blonder tho aswell...

In between (France) its very mixed (hair color), like in ex. Yugoslavia & its thereabouts & ITALIA & Spain kinda, you can find Scandinavian looking dudes and Middle-Eastern looking dudes....
I read somewhere that Estonia and Latvia are the blondest countries; not sure if I believe that. It has to be Denmark, Norway, etc.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:21 AM   #9
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,309
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Turkish people are mixed. Circissians, Kurds, Laz, East Africans, North Africans, Albanians, Bosnians, (Muslim) Greeks, Syrians, Armenians, gypsies, Persians, etc. All lived in the same geography for over a century. Being 'Turkish' is similar to an 'American'

Religious and cultural affiliation matters more than just race. Just look at Cedi Osman. He was not born in Turkey nor given a Turkish/Arabic name by birth. But he comes from a muslim background iirc so his Macedonian roots is not seen as foreign.

Same goes for Hedo. Ethnically Bosnian. Muslim background.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
pauk
NBA Legend
 
pauk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,921
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
I read somewhere that Estonia and Latvia are the blondest countries; not sure if I believe that. It has to be Denmark, Norway, etc.

Ah yes, Finland aswell... never been to Estonia/Latvia, met many of them tho and all were blonde dudes, you could be correct but i was thinking Scandinavia is more Northern, logically i would assume they are "blondier".... and i live/work there (Denmark), its pretty hilarious how every damn person (native scandinavian) is blonde there (some gingers tho)....

Its just the hair though, ive lived in Scandinavia i would say most of my life and never seen a 100% Scandinavian who ISNT blonde.... brown/dark eyes yes ive seen... but not hair... there are some native Scandinavian tribes tho who can be dark haired (SAMI for example, they look kinda like Eskimoes/have those Asian eyes) with whom some Scandinavians are mixed with and hence look a bit more dark haired... hence ive seen many Scandinavians who are blonde but have very asiatic (SAMI) facial featurues (eyes)...

Last edited by pauk : 08-03-2018 at 09:44 AM.
pauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 10:06 AM   #11
fiddy
Raider of Rampage
 
fiddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: FTS and FTO
Posts: 14,727
Default Re: Why people in the Balkans are racists

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
Turkish people are mixed. Circissians, Kurds, Laz, East Africans, North Africans, Albanians, Bosnians, (Muslim) Greeks, Syrians, Armenians, gypsies, Persians, etc. All lived in the same geography for over a century. Being 'Turkish' is similar to an 'American'

Religious and cultural affiliation matters more than just race. Just look at Cedi Osman. He was not born in Turkey nor given a Turkish/Arabic name by birth. But he comes from a muslim background iirc so his Macedonian roots is not seen as foreign.

Same goes for Hedo. Ethnically Bosnian. Muslim background.
Thanks for admitting that Turkey is a fake country established by thieving anadolians. Turks will grab anything will label it Turkish ASAP.
fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:55 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy