Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-12-2007, 04:16 PM   #1
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default baseball parks--which ones have you guys been to?

Great American Ballpark--6.5/10. The Reds are my team, but this stadium is far from perfect. It's architechture is very inconsistent. The designers couldn't decide if they wanted to make a retro, or modern day park

PNC Park--9.5/10--very cozy setting, great views of downtown. Overall, a very pretty park. Escapes the red brick trend of the other new stadiums

Jacobs Field--9.0 10--hard to tell it's 13 years old. Still looks brand new and has held up well, despite the awful weather in Cleveland. Great architecture, awesome views of downtown. Only thing that makes it score lower than PNC is that the upperdeck seats are pretty high, due to the disgusting amount of luxury suites

Wrigley Field--9.5/10--a classic park. Perfect neighborhood location, and is cozy and intimate without trying too hard to be. Lots and lots of history inside these walls.

U.S. Cellular Field--7.5/10an underrated park. Will never compare to Wrigley, but it's modern, clean, and the renovations have really helped it out, though the upperdeck is still incredibly steep

Fenway Park--10/10--best stadium I've been to. The history will overwhelm you, regardless if you like the Red Sox or not. Lots of interesting nooks and crannies, plus the Green Monster. Fans are the most passionate in all of baseball, and the stadium is always full and rocking

Dodger Stadium--9.5/10--was scared for my life walking up that giant hill to get to the stadium. I found out the hard way that you pretty much have to drive to this place. Walking back down to the busstop after the game, I feared for my life *lol* Despite that, a very pretty ballpark with perhaps the 2nd best scenery behind PNC Park. The fact that it's built into a ravine also makes it really unique. Also, the focus here is on baseball. No gimmicks here. The simple beauty of the game is enough

Thoughts? Opinions?
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Cool is considered somewhat coolCool is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: baseball parks--which ones have you guys been to?

I have been to Petco Park, Miller Park and Minute Made Park.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I have been to Petco Park, Miller Park and Minute Made Park.

Going to Petco on Monday and EXTREMELY excited!
Old 05-12-2007, 04:57 PM   #4
poorlilrich
woop woop

poorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this boardpoorlilrich is popular on this board

San Francisco's and Oakland's

don't know the names by heart though
poorlilrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:04 PM   #5
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
Going to Petco on Monday and EXTREMELY excited!

Petco is one of the nicest Parks I have ever been to. It still looks brand new and every seat is towards the field, so not matter where you sit you can see everything very well. I love the park and you should have a great time.

P.S. The park is in downtown so after the game there is a lot of things you can do.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #6
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
Petco is one of the nicest Parks I have ever been to. It still looks brand new and every seat is towards the field, so not matter where you sit you can see everything very well. I love the park and you should have a great time.

P.S. The park is in downtown so after the game there is a lot of things you can do.

I just recently went to PNC Park, so it will be interesting to see how the two new parks compare, because in my mind, PNC Park is the ultimate jewel in all of baseball.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:24 PM   #7
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Ive been to only one...The "Sky Dome" aka "Rogers Centre"...it's kinda like going to a funeral home...
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:25 PM   #8
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
Ive been to only one...The "Sky Dome" aka "Rogers Centre"...it's kinda like going to a funeral home...

Haha.............why's that?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #9
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Yankee Stadium Mets Stadium
would Japan count?
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:28 PM   #10
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

mcAfee coliseum in oakland

at&t park

yankee stadium

dodger stadium

fenway

shea

a friend of mine has been to everyone. those are the only 6 i have been to
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh1981
I just recently went to PNC Park, so it will be interesting to see how the two new parks compare, because in my mind, PNC Park is the ultimate jewel in all of baseball.

The one in Pittsburgh? That one I heard is pretty sick, but IMO I think you might like Petco better. PM me or something and tell me which one do you think is the best of the two.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:32 PM   #12
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseketball4life
mcAfee coliseum in oakland

at&t park

yankee stadium

dodger stadium

fenway

shea

a friend of mine has been to everyone. those are the only 6 i have been to

what's Yankee Stadium like?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:35 PM   #13
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

Dodger Stadium would be better if there was a better way you could get there w/o driving. Last time I was there, this bus dropped me off at the bottom of this giant hill. Upon reaching the top, the stadium is in the middle of a huge parking lot After the game, I felt a little bit nervous navigating this giant parking lot with all these cars driving by and going back down the hill.
Old 05-12-2007, 05:37 PM   #14
KINGofTHEcourt
Banned

KINGofTHEcourt has an OK reputation so far

I've been to Shea at least 20 times, and I don't ever intend to visit another ballpark unless I move to some other state.
KINGofTHEcourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2007, 05:50 PM   #15
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Amigo has an OK reputation so far

Yankee Stadium

Roberto Clemente Stadium in Puerto Rico

Hiram Bithorn Stadium in Puerto Rico

Albergue Olmpico in Puerto Rico

Utica Aud.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: