Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2016, 02:20 AM   #1
retaxis
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,809
Default Is curry going to get the max?

He is still paid like $12m next year but the year after he will be 29 and looking for the big pay day. I don't think he gets the max if he gets injured next year because he is not that athletic to begin with and yes athleticism helps jump shots the most. Quickness and speed helps get u to ur spots faster..shoot faster...endurance lets you run around screens all night etc. will be interesting to see the offers he gets but gsw might give him one for his hard work done befor hand aka Gilbert arenas
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:21 AM   #2
Doranku
Very good NBA starter
 
Doranku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 8,887
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

stop
Doranku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:22 AM   #3
warriorfan
The Bully
 
warriorfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 18,295
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

meltdown
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:22 AM   #4
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,360
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Maybe he will, but sure he shouldnt. Draymond Green is being paid $82m/5yrs and Klay Thompson has $70m/4yrs contract. Curry is older than them both, and hes already declining. In 1-2 years he will be worse player than Green and Thompson, so he definitely shouldnt. I am not the Warriors GM, but my common sense tells me its unwise to overpay a declining player.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:28 AM   #5
Kawhi m8
0/8
 
Kawhi m8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 7,391
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Earlier in the season I said we'll look back at Curry in years to come and say "Man, that was a good 1.5 seasons he had"

See how she goes...
Kawhi m8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:30 AM   #6
miggyme1
Back to Business
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,557
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Maybe he will, but sure he shouldnt. Draymond Green is being paid $82m/5yrs and Klay Thompson has $70m/4yrs contract. Curry is older than them both, and hes already declining. In 1-2 years he will be worse player than Green and Thompson, so he definitely shouldnt. I am not the Warriors GM, but my common sense tells me its unwise to overpay a declining player.


Already declining?? Where the **** do you idiots come from???? Curry just had one of the best regular seasons in league history. He had highs and lows in the playoffs this year but to say he is declining is just dumb. Draymond is the engine of the team but curry is the accelerator. Meaning these warriors team goes NOWHERE without him.


Hate to scapegoat someone but barnes played like shit. I say let him walk and try and get someone like a ariza. Just someone who can defend and hit a shot. Dude just lost his soul. Smh. Sad to think he was a "prodigy" at one point.
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:35 AM   #7
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,360
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Already declining?? Where the **** do you idiots come from???? Curry just had one of the best regular seasons in league history. He had highs and lows in the playoffs this year but to say he is declining is just dumb. Draymond is the engine of the team but curry is the accelerator. Meaning these warriors team goes NOWHERE without him.


Hate to scapegoat someone but barnes played like shit. I say let him walk and try and get someone like a ariza. Just someone who can defend and hit a shot. Dude just lost his soul. Smh. Sad to think he was a "prodigy" at one point.

Well there was a thread saying Curry peaked in OKC, and now that you look at it, its actually correct. Curry's atrocious performance in NBA Finals is the signal of his decline, he will be free-falling starting from now. I think Curry may be paid on an average of $18m-20m/yr, but no more than that. He doesnt deserve max, hes holding his team back.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:36 AM   #8
retaxis
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Maybe he will, but sure he shouldnt. Draymond Green is being paid $82m/5yrs and Klay Thompson has $70m/4yrs contract. Curry is older than them both, and hes already declining. In 1-2 years he will be worse player than Green and Thompson, so he definitely shouldnt. I am not the Warriors GM, but my common sense tells me its unwise to overpay a declining player.
Well it's never smart to give a lanky declining 29/30yr old point guard a max. When curry athleticism falls he is going to fall off the moon let alone a cliff. If u thought he can shoot like this without athleticism then Ray Allen should be getting the max right now. If you think currys defence is bad now..wait till his athleticism is gone then your going to think Love and Kanter are DPOY material. If you think curry can shoot the way he does when he can't dance on people anymore then your reaching harder than Kobe on that sixth.

Likely scenario
29 year old after next year
and debilitating career injuries...history with ankle and knee. He is prob gonna need surgery after finals again!
Declining athletically
Does not provide intangibles e.g hustle, shot blocking, perimeter lockdown defence, scrappy rebounding, enforced etc

Basically he will be paid by gsw only for what he did during the mvp years ala Gilbert Arenas
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:38 AM   #9
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar
 
Kiddlovesnets's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 14,360
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retaxis
Basically he will be paid by gsw only for what he did during the mvp years ala Gilbert Arenas

I like the Gilbert Arenas comparison, its really close. The difference is that the Warriors as a team are way better than the Wizards.
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:39 AM   #10
retaxis
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

P.S curry has been exposed defensively in the playoffs...imagine what he will be like when he has lost a step (shudders). It's gonna be a chore just to hide this guy defensively in any playoff matchup in the future
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:41 AM   #11
miggyme1
Back to Business
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,557
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by retaxis
Well it's never smart to give a lanky declining 29/30yr old point guard a max. When curry athleticism falls he is going to fall off the moon let alone a cliff. If u thought he can shoot like this without athleticism then Ray Allen should be getting the max right now. If you think currys defence is bad now..wait till his athleticism is gone then your going to think Love and Kanter are DPOY material. If you think curry can shoot the way he does when he can't dance on people anymore then your reaching harder than Kobe on that sixth.

Likely scenario
29 year old after next year
and debilitating career injuries...history with ankle and knee. He is prob gonna need surgery after finals again!
Declining athletically
Does not provide intangibles e.g hustle, shot blocking, perimeter lockdown defence, scrappy rebounding, enforced etc

Basically he will be paid by gsw only for what he did during the mvp years ala Gilbert Arenas


Athleticism has NOTHING to do with currys game. I didnt know hoisting 3s from halfcourt was considered athletic.Lmao but Ok.
miggyme1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:26 AM   #12
retaxis
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by miggyme1
Athleticism has NOTHING to do with currys game. I didnt know hoisting 3s from halfcourt was considered athletic.Lmao but Ok.
Have you ever balled man? Your ignorant comments show that you have never played competitively so you don't know what a real 5 on 5 is like so couch warrior I shall educate you! Currys game is 85% athleticism and endurance. His quickness and speed to run blitz plays, run V cuts, PnR, and just running running and more dancing is all athleticism. If he was a step slower, he would never get open even off double screens. You see curry shoot but what do u think he is doing when he is not shooting? That's right, playing to get open and getting open is all athleticism and speed. Ray Allen, reg Miller can still shoot lights out but with age and decline of athleticism, they can not get loose and open no more. Basketball, especially for stars, is all athleticism. Just ask Kobe aka clutch shooter why his 15000 moves can't help from becoming the most inefficient in the league

Enjoy ur lesson son.

Last edited by retaxis : 06-20-2016 at 06:29 AM.
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:36 AM   #13
LukeWalton
Not airballing my layups anymore
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Laker Coach, Cavs & GSW MVP
Posts: 117
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
Maybe he will, but sure he shouldnt. Draymond Green is being paid $82m/5yrs and Klay Thompson has $70m/4yrs contract. Curry is older than them both, and hes already declining. In 1-2 years he will be worse player than Green and Thompson, so he definitely shouldnt. I am not the Warriors GM, but my common sense tells me its unwise to overpay a declining player.

with your track record, it'll be whatever the opposite of what you said.
LukeWalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:42 AM   #14
retaxis
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,809
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

He will

Steph "Gilbert Arenas" curry.

He deserves a max over his career but just didn't get the max at the right time in his career.
retaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 06:44 AM   #15
SexSymbol
You are amazing
 
SexSymbol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Kaunas, Lithuania
Posts: 6,198
Default Re: Is curry going to get the max?

Seriously?
He's the second best player in the game and was the best last year.
If he stays top 3-5, he's getting a max for 5 years.
SexSymbol is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:35 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy