Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2007, 09:41 AM   #1
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
Default Favorite guitar solo?

Mine is the one in "Californiacation" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. It's not wicked fast or anything, it just fits the song perfectly and owns.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 09:44 AM   #2
Velocirap31
Decent college freshman
 
Velocirap31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Jurassic Park
Posts: 2,568
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Synyster Gates solo at the end of the Avenged Sevenfold song, Second Heartbeat. Even better is the solo in The Beast and the Harlot.
Velocirap31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 10:18 AM   #3
Dr Giggles
Kids at the park dunk on me
 
Dr Giggles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: San Cristobal de La Laguna
Posts: 146
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Maggot Brain by Funkadelic or Europa by Santana.

And my favourite solo on Californication is Parallel Universe. Great album nonetheless.
Dr Giggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,859
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

- Both solos from Mr. Crowley by Randy Rhoads

- Sweet Child O' Mine by Slash

- Walk by Dimebag Darrell

- Running With the Devil by Eddie Van Halen (short but killer)

- And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8 Seriously, watch this. It is amazing.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:24 PM   #5
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 34,411
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Giggles
Maggot Brain by Funkadelic or Europa by Santana.

And my favourite solo on Californication is Parallel Universe. Great album nonetheless.
co-sign Maggott Brain.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:27 PM   #6
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy

- And this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjA5faZF1A8 Seriously, watch this. It is amazing.

That is awesome. I've always loved that song to begin with, but on a guitar....

I think I heard angels singing.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:31 PM   #7
Kebab Stall
I am Chris Wilcox
 
Kebab Stall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Grizz-mania
Posts: 10,769
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
Night Train - Guns N' Roses
Stairway To Heaven - Led Zeppelin
Find The Real - Alterbridge
Doesn't Remind Me - Audioslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Running With the Devil by Eddie Van Halen (short but killer)

Yeah I like that song, very good.

Last edited by Kebab Stall : 05-13-2007 at 12:39 PM.
Kebab Stall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 12:35 PM   #8
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,859
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by different107
That is awesome. I've always loved that song to begin with, but on a guitar....

I think I heard angels singing.

Had you seen it before? It almost at 21 million views already!
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 01:50 PM   #9
The_Masterplan
Banned
 
The_Masterplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,266
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

that video owns. He is korean btw.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:09 PM   #10
different107
National High School Star
 
different107's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: michigan
Posts: 1,637
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
Had you seen it before? It almost at 21 million views already!

No I had never seen that before. Thanks for posting it.
different107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:27 PM   #11
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,859
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
that video owns. He is korean btw.

He's only 23 too which means he was like ~21 when he made this video. That's incredible. The improvisation is ridiculous, especially the tapping around the 4:17 mark.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:33 PM   #12
The_Masterplan
Banned
 
The_Masterplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,266
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
He's only 23 too which means he was like ~21 when he made this video. That's incredible. The improvisation is ridiculous, especially the tapping around the 4:17 mark.

He looks like he is looking down at a TAB the whole time though.
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:35 PM   #13
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,859
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
He looks like he is looking down at a TAB the whole time though.

The articles I've read say he's wearing his hat down like that because he didn't want his identity to revealed. Even if he is looking at a tab, it is still flawless playing and that's got to be one hell of a complex looking tab.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 02:40 PM   #14
The_Masterplan
Banned
 
The_Masterplan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 2,266
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
The articles I've read say he's wearing his hat down like that because he didn't want his identity to revealed. Even if he is looking at a tab, it is still flawless playing and that's got to be one hell of a complex looking tab.

True. I have looked it up on ultimate-guitar.com and i looked up another tab cus it looked so complex.

Do you think he has made any money off of that video? He has done live performances at a korean embassy before.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OCom5mlBFB0
The_Masterplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 03:07 PM   #15
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 7,859
Default Re: Favorite guitar solo?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Masterplan
True. I have looked it up on ultimate-guitar.com and i looked up another tab cus it looked so complex.

Do you think he has made any money off of that video? He has done live performances at a korean embassy before.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=OCom5mlBFB0

His wikipedia page says this:
Quote:
Funtwo has expressed no wish to carry on playing guitar as a professional guitarist, however his online fame has allowed him to play to live audiences twice - once for the Korean ambassador in Washington DC and then again at the KORUS festival the same year... In the same interview in which he stated his wish to carry on playing guitar simply as a hobby, he also rated his own playing a moderate 50/60 out of 100.

If he wanted to I have no doubt that he could make some very decent cash off of his internet celebrity and phenomenal playing. I think I read that he just wants to go back to university though. If I had his abilities I would play clubs and other venues to pay rent and tuition, not to mention the girls would be all over it.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:00 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy