Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-14-2007, 12:56 AM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Default Jason Kidd Was Fully In Favor Of Joining The Lakers?

Quote:
In fact, Kidd was fully in favor of joining the Lakers, sources said at the time and reiterated within the last few days. At the same time, he understood completely L.A.'s reluctance to surrender Andrew Bynum as the principal player in the package.
"If I were the Lakers I wouldn't have given him up for me, either," Kidd told confidants.

For whatever reason, management throughout the NBA is coming clean. Lakers VP Jim Buss went on L.A. radio a few days ago and all but guaranteed major roster revisions after the draft lottery positions are set May 22. (Here's hoping Adam Silver inherited Russ Granik's ad-lib writer).

If a major trade isn't done by the end of June, Jerry's son said, fans should be upset, "because as a fan, I would be upset." Evidently, no one - including Bynum, contrary to widespread reports - is untouchable exempting Kobe Bryant. The idea is to build a title contender now, not three or four years from now. I could've have sworn he said the Lakers aren't afraid to exceed the luxury cap.

http://www.nypost.com/seven/05132007...ter_vecsey.htm
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 01:14 AM   #2
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: Jason Kidd Was Fully In Favor Of Joining The Lakers?

adding kidd to LA would have been a great move for winning in the next 2 years but not a championship, just a top 4 seed. the lakers w/ kidd would be great b/c Kwame and bynum feed off of kobe's drive and dish plays not so much postin up. we probably would look like denver with the addition of kidd
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #3
LakersDynasty
Very good NBA starter

Heard this a few days ago, can't believe we blew this chance. Look at Kidd now, averaging a triple double in the playoffs. The Cavs also made an offer to get Kidd at the trade deadline but he didn't want to go to Cleveland, he wanted the lakers. Oh well, that's Mitch Kupchak for you.
LakersDynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 02:21 AM   #4
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersDynasty
Heard this a few days ago, can't believe we blew this chance. Look at Kidd now, averaging a triple double in the playoffs. The Cavs also made an offer to get Kidd at the trade deadline but he didn't want to go to Cleveland, he wanted the lakers. Oh well, that's Mitch Kupchak for you.

AMEN mitch needs to move to flordia and walk around his retirement home in a speedo

ITS OVER WITH MITCH!!!!!!!!!!!!
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: