Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 07-03-2016, 02:28 AM   #1
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Default [Video] Believeland: Cavs 2016 NBA Champions

Here's a video I made shortly after we won. All phantom slow-mo footage. Opening clip is LeBron stumbling and falling to symbolize that city and area's stumbling and falling to its knees the last 50 years...then finally getting it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKqMoIxpsWM
Meticode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 03:07 AM   #2
gigantes
   

Default Re: [Video] Believeland: Cavs 2016 NBA Champions

nice work.

i had a really fun time leading the cheering section at one of the local bar / restaurants. hard to believe one day i'm watching stipe miocic knock out the heavyweight champ to bring cleveland it's first major championship in 50+ years, and 30-odd days later two more championships have been won... AHL and NBA.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 09:25 PM   #3
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
nice work.

i had a really fun time leading the cheering section at one of the local bar / restaurants. hard to believe one day i'm watching stipe miocic knock out the heavyweight champ to bring cleveland it's first major championship in 50+ years, and 30-odd days later two more championships have been won... AHL and NBA.
Thank you. The LeBron block caps it all for me. It symbolizes everything to me. I know Irving's shot gave us the lead, but the LeBron block was sheer effort, the unwillingness to give up, and him going for the block symbolizes reaching for that trophy. Reaching for that championship, when all the odds and all of history is against you. When Irving hit the shot I had a calm reaction, but when LeBron blocked that shot I went bonkers because I thought it was the turning point in the game and he saved it.
Old 07-08-2016, 10:03 PM   #4
gigantes
   

yeah THE BLOCK was pretty damn amazing. OTOH the whole game felt so surreal to me that i almost felt like i was watching a movie, with each play just being part of the story unfolding.

what lebron accomplished is on the order of sports legend. coming back home to win a championship for NE ohio, taking down the winningest team of all time, staging one of the greatest comebacks in sports history, having arguably the greatest performance in finals history, and then his tears of joy after the mission had been accomplished... it's still hard to believe that actually all happened.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 10:40 PM   #5
Meticode
Cavaliers Fan 1997

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
yeah THE BLOCK was pretty damn amazing. OTOH the whole game felt so surreal to me that i almost felt like i was watching a movie, with each play just being part of the story unfolding.

what lebron accomplished is on the order of sports legend. coming back home to win a championship for NE ohio, taking down the winningest team of all time, staging one of the greatest comebacks in sports history, having arguably the greatest performance in finals history, and then his tears of joy after the mission had been accomplished... it's still hard to believe that actually all happened.
When he came back, I honestly didn't think it would happen. I thought he gave his best years in Miami (which will probably be his best years anyway) and I just didn't think he had enough in the tank to take the lead, but he proved me wrong and he proved a lot of people wrong that doubted him. He did what he set out to do when he got drafted which was to bring a championship to that region. And watching the emotional videos, the parade, and how much it means to people just brings it all around.
Old 07-09-2016, 09:06 AM   #6
El Gato Negro
History made 2016

El Gato Negro is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: