Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-14-2007, 11:24 PM   #1
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Default A Buyer's Market For Ron Artest?

Quote:
Scott Howard Cooper has a great story in today's Sacramento Bee in which he says that trading Rond Artest has become a priority, if not the priority for the Kings this summer. So which teams might want to take the troubled but talented small forward off their hands? Howard Cooper (a former Lakers writer for the LA Times BTW), names three: 1. Lakers 2. Clippers 3. Miami

Enjoy:

``Said a member of one front office -- requesting anonymity since he was criticizing a player not on his team -- when asked whether many teams will be willing to take on Artest and his reputation: "I just can't see it happening. I don't see how. Especially not now."

Good thing for the Kings other teams have their own problems to address. Los Angeles Lakers

Going pedal to the metal, after failing to reach the second round or the playoffs at all for the third time in as many years, isn't just about adding a star to ride shotgun to Kobe Bryant. While that is the obvious part of it, putting them in the middle of any discussion for Kevin Garnett or Jermaine O'Neal, the Lakers on the whole are pushing hard to win now and deal with potential complications later.

The Lakers could offer Kwame Brown in a match of similar salaries. The Kings would inherit the frustration of an enigmatic player unable to grasp his considerable potential, but also the benefit of being able to clear cap space a year earlier than with Artest if Brown did not work out. And if Brown did work out, they would have the inside track on re-signing a talented young center.

The Lakers also could offer Luke Walton in a sign-and-trade, packaged with another, lesser salary (Sasha Vujacic, Maurice Evans, Brian Cook). Artest has superior skills. But Walton has become a good complementary weapon, a smart player who moves the ball, and plugs in to the same spot at small forward. Los Angeles Clippers

Artest for Corey Maggette had been discussed last season. But the serious knee injury that could keep point guard Shaun Livingston out all 2007-08 means a greater likelihood of the Clippers pursuing Mike Bibby. Miami Heat

Much like the Lakers, the Heat has a very strong coach, Pat Riley, and a ticking clock. Miami needs to make something happen before it's Dwyane Wade against the world.''

http://www.insidesocal.com/lakers/
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:35 PM   #2
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

Default Re: A Buyer's Market For Ron Artest?

yea ron is an excellent sf it would also help walton so he doesnthave to log as many minutes and it would add more depth to the linup. but who would we trade? evans and whoelse?
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:40 PM   #3
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEinSD24
yea ron is an excellent sf it would also help walton so he doesnthave to log as many minutes and it would add more depth to the linup. but who would we trade? evans and whoelse?
@ the Kings taking evans and fillers for artest.

The kings are looking to trade artest not giving him up for free.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2007, 11:54 PM   #4
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOBEinSD24

From what I have been hearing today, is everybody is saying Kwame and others. Because the salaries match well. I aint saying thats fair but thats what everyone is saying.
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 AM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
@ the Kings taking evans and fillers for artest.

The kings are looking to trade artest not giving him up for free.

Actually, I think they would like to be "rid" of him.

But would you personally take Kwame?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 AM   #6
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Actually, I think they would like to be "rid" of him.

But would you personally take Kwame?
First answer: possibly.

I mean it all depends what direction the franchise takes and if and for who they trade Bibby or BM.

If Kings go into rebuilding Kwame could be a nice piece and he would come off the books too next year so thats a plus.
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: