Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-15-2007, 01:04 PM   #16
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Ron for Luke? YES OR NO.

Yes. Ron Artest is one of the best defenders in the league, and we all know that defense wins championships.

The tandem of Kobe and Artest is going to be a lot closer to that of Jordan and Pippen now because Artest plays relentless tough defense just like Kobe.

Also, where does this idea that Luke is such a smart ball player come from? I've seen this guy and he takes a lot of ill-advised fade away shots in the lane and makes turn overs trying to put the ball on the floor more than he should. Sure, he'll make a good pass every once in a while but his stats indicate that he really isn't so smart. So I say trade in "smarts" for toughness. That is exactly what this team needs, and Artest can provide that.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:09 PM   #17
Elebrond
I brick open layups

Elebrond has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethetriangle
Everything points to a YES. Defense, toughness, and a chance to rid of idiots like Sasha and Cookie.

But my gut says no. Luke may not be able to defend, but he is smart enough to learn and definitely willing enough to do so. He's only in his 4th year and he has made great strides since we first saw him. Also, rule of thumb is players in the NBA begin to really make their mark by their 6th year. Apart from the waning games of the playoffs, he has been our singlemost toughminded player besides mr. Bryant.

Artest has so many things we need, but he can also be a goddamn chucker. I hate CHUCKERS. He is also always a threat to cohesiveness and off-court shannanigans. Although I believe Phil and Kobe can deal with that.

If we can pull of Kwame and still get JO/Gasol ( which is tough even with Kwame mind you ) then do it. But I don't know why but my gut really tells me not to give up Luke. He is a winner and will get better and better with age.

DEFINELY YESS !!!

FOR V-RAD & SASHA or FARMAR

WALTON IS A GOOD 6TH MAN - IS A TERRIFIC IN THE PJAX TRIANGLE SYSTEM.

ARTES BRING US THE DEFENCE THAT WE NEED . . . CHANGE FOR V-RAD MADE SPACE TO WANT J.ONEAL or PAUL GASOL AND ONLY MOVE A.BYNUM FOR ONE OF THEM.

WE CAN SELECT ONE GOOD CENTER IN THE 19TH PICK (OR CHANGE FOR HIM) MAYBE ROY HILBBERT (THE PERFECT DRAFT).

ELEBROND
Elebrond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #18
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller
The Kings are not going to take Vlad's nice contract or Luke "I'm custom made for the triangle offense" Walton for Artest.

They might as well trade him for Maggette if they are that desperate.

The Kwame/Pick/Filler for Artest/K9 or BM seems a little more reasonable

I would love to have Artest as a Laker next year. And wouldn't mind getting Bibby as well. And would even accept Millers contract to get a deal to go down.

Man to get Artest and Bibby would be a big plus!

But mainly Artest, That some thing Laker's been lacking of these days. Defense!!

I wonder if the Kings would deal for 2 1st rd picks and a 2nd rd pick.

But Brown and a 1st rd pick or Walton and a 1st rd pick or even Cook and 2 1st rd pick or what ever it takes to get a deal done.

Laker's need a player like Artest.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:21 PM   #19
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I have to agree with the consensus... if possible, I'd trade Luke for Artest... not sure if you can do that under the CBA though.

Aside from that, I would also want a different package for Artest if possible.... Not sure who the Kings would want, but I would think we could package some players to get Artest.... I would also think the Lakers have more leverage than the Kings in this deal.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: