Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Minnesota Timberwolves Forum

Minnesota Timberwolves Forum Minnesota Timberwolves forum - Minnesota T-Wolves message board

Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 AM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
How can a player who is always mentioned as one of the best not lead his team past the 1st round or even make the playoffs. hmm even some players who are regularly criticised, ie allen iverson, kobe bryant, ray allen have lead they're teams to the playoffs.
Did you really type this? You list Allen and Iverson, neither of whom made the playoffs last year, and Bryant, who didn't the year before. Why do you measure their failures differently? Why do you give more merit to their successes?
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:30 AM   #17
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
hes one of the freakiest athletes of the game who changed basketball forever with his skill level BUT he has not proved anything.
What exactly IS "proving something" to you?

You list Ray Allen, Allen Iverson, and Kobe Bryant in your thread criticizing Garnett. What have they "proven" that Garnett hasn't? Iverson's been one series further in the playoffs than Garnett has. Ray Allen? I don't see why you even mentioned his name. Kobe Bryant won three championships...next to the most dominant player the NBA has seen in God knows how long.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:27 PM   #18
WoGiTaLiA1
Local High School Star

WoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputationWoGiTaLiA1 has decent reputation

He is only overrated if you are saying he is better than Duncan because that is the only player that is hands down better.
WoGiTaLiA1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:46 PM   #19
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

He's not overrated by any means. He's had terrible luck though. I think he can win in Minnesota, now that the West isn't so powerful anymore. All he needs is a few quality vets around him, and the T'Pups can do something in April and May.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:49 PM   #20
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

just bad luck IMO. He is very very consistent.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:50 PM   #21
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Isn't the West more powerful than ever?
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #22
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Quality free agents aren't to keen on coming to Minnesota either.

Quote:
Isn't the West more powerful than ever?

In my opinion no. Not like how it was at the start of this decade. The balance of power has shifted to the East.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:51 PM   #23
Bill Swerski

Yes, Kevin Garnett is over-rated, and over-paid.

He is still a very good player, and an all-star...

...but he is over-rated, IMHO.
Old 07-05-2006, 03:59 PM   #24
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Rab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this boardRab is popular on this board

I don't think he's overrated at all. He's been a great player for a long time now. I wish Minny would free him, anywhere but the Lakers.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #25
jody
High school junior varsity star

jody has an OK reputation so far

garnett might not be the most overrated player anymore now that wade is the "best" player in the NBA.
jody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 04:30 PM   #26
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Shut up you moron.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #27
browntown
National High School Star

browntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebrowntown is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
Shut up you moron.

I second that.
browntown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #28
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
i agree to some points and i disagree with some points on everyones arguements.

KG is an extrordinary talent. he has the skills to basically be a one man team.

I dont think KG is overrated as an individual talent, but he is overrated as being a great player. let me explain...

individual talents are players like domonique wilkens who have all the talent but no leadership...and leadership results into being a great player.

everyone here is saying "oh well look at his team" and "if you surround him with talent he will win". sure a talented team helps but leadership is what gets that talent to coexist and to work together to win games and champioships...

look at the bulls. it was jordan/pippen and a bunch of scrubs. it was jordans ability to trust steve kerr with that game winning shot, or pass it off and trust john paxson to hit the open jumper. he got into the players heads and brought out the best in them.

the spurs, tim duncan and a bunch of foreigners. Its tim duncan ability to be a leader which brings the best out of his teammates and makes them viewed as all stars.

KG has had the talent, but he was too young to understand how to be a leader...he has never learned how to be an effective leader and that is why the talent runs all over him.

Not to take anything away from MJ, 'cause he is the GOAT, but he was surrounded by SO much more talent than KG ever was...
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #29
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Exclamation

no garnett is a great player and yall need shutup about wade he aint overrated he actually plays the part....i tell who's overrated its timothy duncan! if it werent for parker and giniboli, bowen and finley hed b same as garnett...excep then you'd c that yes KG is better than TD
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:33 PM   #30
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisoner
Come to the Lakers KG!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

naww hes kewl...maybe somewhere like....seattle!? nvm they got wilcox...ummm i dunno....Utah Jazzz...although id hate to play there kuz its mormonville and like the whole team is white!
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: