Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-15-2007, 05:30 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Official MVP Votes (Kobe takes 3rd place)

1. Dirk Nowitzki - 1,138 points (83 first-place votes)
2. Steve Nash - 1,013 points (44 first-place votes)
3. Kobe Bryant - 521 points (2 first-place votes)
4. Tim Duncan - 286 points
5. LeBron James - 183 points

Weird. Less wins, less impressive stats but takes 3rd place with a considerable margin as opposed to 4th place he got last year. I read a lot of articles though talking about how Kobe is the best in the game and its a shame that he doesn't have an MVP so maybe theres a little bit of sympathy there. His 50 point streak this season as well may have further showed just how important he is to his team.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:06 PM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official MVP Votes (Kobe takes 3rd place)

I think last year there were still some doubts but this year he's really been recognized as the best player in the league by most people, going from coaches, players to the media etc. Now all he has to do is cement that status and of course, seek for more.

He is the best basketball player in the NBA. I think it's only a matter of time before he gets the MVP. Basically, he needs a good team.
It's going to happen sometime. I don't envision anyone really stealing the show from him.
I guess the only one capable of doing it would be LeBron.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 08:19 PM   #3
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

its no surprise that he didnt win b/c people tend to base their vote on how well the team does and not on the vaule of the player on each team if it were based on statsand the impact it has on the team then kobe wins everyyear
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 11:14 PM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

^Which is exactly why Kobe is furious and impatient... they get 55 wins or so and he gets an MVP... and possibly a RING which is more important to him!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: