Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2016, 08:08 AM   #31
Andrew Wiggins
National High School Star
 
Andrew Wiggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,396
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

hopefully mendy can effectively replace kante but i don't see how
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:28 AM   #32
KCO
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 179
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
#Kante to @ChelseaFC is done ! Medical within 48 hours. 5-year-contract, 36m !


big blow for leicester.. im wondering what happens to mahrez now.. looks like mendy and musa might be their replacements and not actual depth.. not sure what leicester are doing

Great news, finally we made it happen.
KCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:45 AM   #33
kurple
5-time NBA All-Star
 
kurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 11,193
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
How come United dont have a problem bringing Ibra, Choketariyan and likely Pogba then?

Lets face it, nobody wants to go to Chelsea, they can only bring french league superstars like hazard few years ago and batshuayi now.. Money or CL doesnt make a club big. Chelsea will forever be small
I hope you realize Pogba wont go to United?

And Zlatan is too old and expensive for other teams to give him a 2nd thought
kurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #34
arkain
Local High School Star
 
arkain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,397
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
How come United dont have a problem bringing Ibra, Choketariyan and likely Pogba then?

Lets face it, nobody wants to go to Chelsea, they can only bring french league superstars like hazard few years ago and batshuayi now.. Money or CL doesnt make a club big. Chelsea will forever be small

United haven't really signed any world beaters though, their best recent signing was also a french league superstar who they signed for twice as much as Hazard.
Ibra and Mhiktaryan are poor examples, wouldn't consider either of them world class players atm. If they get Pogba, then it's a different story, that is definitely a world class transfer, even if he's not a world class player yet.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 10:24 AM   #35
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
United haven't really signed any world beaters though, their best recent signing was also a french league superstar who they signed for twice as much as Hazard.
Ibra and Mhiktaryan are poor examples, wouldn't consider either of them world class players atm. If they get Pogba, then it's a different story, that is definitely a world class transfer, even if he's not a world class player yet.
ibra has shown no signs of decline yet.. was a top 3 league scorer in europe i think.. i dont care how poor french league is thats impressive.. so id say he is still a world beater

im no fan of chokitariyan but bundes players have voted him as the player of the season so i guess they consider him a world beater over there
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:50 AM   #36
plowking
Verticle?
 
plowking's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: We goin' Sizzler
Posts: 27,323
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
How come United dont have a problem bringing Ibra, Choketariyan and likely Pogba then?

Lets face it, nobody wants to go to Chelsea, they can only bring french league superstars like hazard few years ago and batshuayi now.. Money or CL doesnt make a club big. Chelsea will forever be small

You're an idiot.

Hazard is a top 10 player in the world, and you're acting as if it isn't some big signing.
Apparently Costa and Cesc aren't big signings.

Incredible how people like you who literally pick the best players and teams in any sport you watch come in and talk shit about other teams. Not all fans are glory hunters like you. You supporting a historically better team doesn't mean shit.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:32 AM   #37
LJJ
Extra Cheese
 
LJJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15,017
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jm6loGj-gY0

Jese is losing his mind
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:34 AM   #38
Nick Young
Banned
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 11/4 Soros wants US Spring.
Posts: 32,970
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
ibra has shown no signs of decline yet.. was a top 3 league scorer in europe i think.. i dont care how poor french league is thats impressive.. so id say he is still a world beater

im no fan of chokitariyan but bundes players have voted him as the player of the season so i guess they consider him a world beater over there
Yes, Ibra is a world beating choke artist. He has a world class ability to never show up in big games when he's needed most.
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:48 AM   #39
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
You're an idiot.

Hazard is a top 10 player in the world, and you're acting as if it isn't some big signing.
Apparently Costa and Cesc aren't big signings.

Incredible how people like you who literally pick the best players and teams in any sport you watch come in and talk shit about other teams. Not all fans are glory hunters like you. You supporting a historically better team doesn't mean shit.
hazard has never been a top 10 player especially not WHEN chelsea bought him from lille.. maybe top 100 at the time at most

cesc was at his absolute worst when barca sold him.. no one wanted him

costa world beater? arguable.. maybe at ibra's level BUT it was unknown if he was a system player and if he can make it in the EPL.. Ibra has won every national league he has been too.. costa was great for 1 season only at the time.. is jamie vardy a world beater?

Yes he is a choker when it comes to CL.. legendary league player but a CL choker.. united hasnt won the league for a while and has NO CL next season.. sounds perfect for him
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 05:59 AM   #40
Nick Young
Banned
 
Nick Young's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 11/4 Soros wants US Spring.
Posts: 32,970
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
Yes he is a choker when it comes to CL.. legendary league player but a CL choker.. united hasnt won the league for a while and has NO CL next season.. sounds perfect for him
This is true, great point!
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:16 AM   #41
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 30,188
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
hazard has never been a top 10 player especially not WHEN chelsea bought him from lille.. maybe top 100 at the time at most

cesc was at his absolute worst when barca sold him.. no one wanted him

costa world beater? arguable.. maybe at ibra's level BUT it was unknown if he was a system player and if he can make it in the EPL.. Ibra has won every national league he has been too.. costa was great for 1 season only at the time.. is jamie vardy a world beater?

Yes he is a choker when it comes to CL.. legendary league player but a CL choker.. united hasnt won the league for a while and has NO CL next season.. sounds perfect for him



why was Hazard not top 10 the year before this one? Surely he was top 10
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:40 AM   #42
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater


why was Hazard not top 10 the year before this one? Surely he was top 10
just my personal opinion.. is mahrez top 10 in the world right now? because this season he was quite better than hazard was the season before..
one season does not make a player top 10

messi, neymar, suarez, iniesta, CR, bale, modric, kroos, muller, lewa, robben, aguero, ibra, dimaria etc have been quality for a longer period

then you have players like griezmann, pogba, verratti, KDB, kane etc who have 2 great season behind them

hazard had one world class season thats it.. thats the same as mahrez, vardy, payet, alli.. what makes him top 10? the english media hype and his smooth skills?! he was great in the french league? well so was payet.. in fact they played on the same team and he was often overshadowed but because of his age people hyped him up more
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 06:42 AM   #43
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

with that being said, under cunte expect hazard to be better than ever and look like giaccherini out there!
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:08 AM   #44
ArbitraryWater
... on a leash
 
ArbitraryWater's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: I walk a higher path, son
Posts: 30,188
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

Yes, Mahrez was top 10 this season

Mikhy perhaps as well

--

Clear cut chances missed (league 2015/16):

L. Suarez 29
R. Lewandowski 27
S. Aguero 16
K. Benzema 11

Neymar: Completed more dribbles (143) than any other player in La Liga last season.

Most dribbles completed in Europe's top 5 leagues in the last 3 seasons:

Messi (434)
Hazard (401)
Raffael (335)
Firmino (330)

whoscored asked fans if they'd want to know some stats, those were the most interesting ones so far.. wish they'd do more now.
ArbitraryWater is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 07:47 AM   #45
alenleomessi
L
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 12,034
Default Re: 2016-2017 World Football/Soccer Discussion

not surprised with suarez having 29 clear cut chances missed.. he was very lackluster last season.. people just see the scores and short highlights and think he had a god-like season.. he should have broke messi's record of 50..

he is lethal when the team needs him the most but when barca are blowing up oponents he tends to miss the easiest of goal.. sure ill take that anyday but gotta be frustrating for him.. he could easily break some of the scoring records that seem untouchable..

i remember a while ago thinking how amazing R9's 34 in 37 was in 1996-97 which was pretty much considered the goat individual season before messi and CR came to the biggest stage.. now thats an off season by these two..

messi is apparently declining with 41 goals and 23 assists.. some standards i tell you
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:23 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy