Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2016, 08:57 PM   #1
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,772
Default Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

He's only 24 and is obviously really an entertaining player to watch but can he have enough Impact on a team lets say without Lebron to win MVP?
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 08:59 PM   #2
Ben Simmons
Decent college freshman
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 2,697
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

He'll be the offensive best player in the league in like 3-4 years. So yeah.
Ben Simmons is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:00 PM   #3
jimmy77x
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Nope, Not with that glory hog on his team.
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:01 PM   #4
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Simmons
He'll be the offensive best player in the league in like 3-4 years. So yeah.

But does he have the impact to make others around him better?

He is mostly an iso player and rarely gets the attention on defense that other MVP level players get.
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:02 PM   #5
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy77x
Nope, Not with that glory hog on his team.

I said without the presence of a Lebron. Does he have the impact to make those around him better and drag them to wins?
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:08 PM   #6
jimmy77x
National High School Star
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,057
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%Vectors!@#
I said without the presence of a Lebron. Does he have the impact to make those around him better and drag them to wins?

Still nope. All he does is score, more than often inefficiently, nothing else.
jimmy77x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:11 PM   #7
Smoke117
Banned
 
Smoke117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 17,505
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

No team will ever be good enough with him as their best player for him to win MVP.
Smoke117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #8
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke117
No team will ever be good enough with him as their best player for him to win MVP.
fk wit
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:37 PM   #9
TheWinningFam
Top 2 fam
 
TheWinningFam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

He's a more efficient smarter kobe, thats it
TheWinningFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2016, 11:41 PM   #10
RoundMoundOfReb
Top 1 Bball Mind.
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 13,286
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

no
RoundMoundOfReb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:31 AM   #11
J Shuttlesworth
HUGE GSW fan here but.
 
J Shuttlesworth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Silicon Valley, CA
Posts: 13,306
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

If Curry keeps choking in the finals, he might win FMVP when LeBron declines
J Shuttlesworth is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 01:20 AM   #12
CarlosBoozer
Boozer and Lebron Fam
 
CarlosBoozer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: All O no D
Posts: 7,033
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

He doesn't have an all around game to win MVP, he's literally just a scorer
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 08:57 AM   #13
CTbasketball92
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: CT
Posts: 1,012
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Honestly, kyrie has the requisite handles and control to be in the Spurs offensive system, and I'm pretty sure he'd be an annual MVP candidate if he played under pop. Put him in that situation where pretty much all he has to do is score efficiently play solid defense and be willing to pass on a team that always makes extra passes would do wonders. He could play that role, and then be that takeover player they need late in the game. In 2014-2015 Kyrie had a higher passing rate than Damian lillard and Stephen curry. I think Kyrie's willingness to pass is pretty underrated, especially now that LeBron is now the point guard. Kyrie averaged 7.4 assists per 36 minutes on a bad team his rookie year. On a good team without another ball dominant player, I think kyrie could win MVP. As for a team not being good enough to win with him as their best player, idk. That argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant with these super teams being around. You need to have at least two superstars or a bunch of great role players and two all stars to win a chip. Pretty sure GSW could've won this year or last year with him as their best player. On that team all he'd have to do is score big in key moments. Easy.
CTbasketball92 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 09:05 AM   #14
Phenith
NBA Junkie!
 
Phenith's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Guelph
Posts: 1,606
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

If he ends up in the right situation, he could have a shot.
But I'd predict he has a couple of season where he is in the running, but never actually gets one.
Phenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:07 AM   #15
!@#$%Vectors!@#
Nanimosuruna, Kizaru
 
!@#$%Vectors!@#'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Kizaru-Oops,you're Ben Beckman
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Will Kyrie Irving Ever win MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTbasketball92
Honestly, kyrie has the requisite handles and control to be in the Spurs offensive system, and I'm pretty sure he'd be an annual MVP candidate if he played under pop. Put him in that situation where pretty much all he has to do is score efficiently play solid defense and be willing to pass on a team that always makes extra passes would do wonders. He could play that role, and then be that takeover player they need late in the game. In 2014-2015 Kyrie had a higher passing rate than Damian lillard and Stephen curry. I think Kyrie's willingness to pass is pretty underrated, especially now that LeBron is now the point guard. Kyrie averaged 7.4 assists per 36 minutes on a bad team his rookie year. On a good team without another ball dominant player, I think kyrie could win MVP. As for a team not being good enough to win with him as their best player, idk. That argument is becoming increasingly irrelevant with these super teams being around. You need to have at least two superstars or a bunch of great role players and two all stars to win a chip. Pretty sure GSW could've won this year or last year with him as their best player. On that team all he'd have to do is score big in key moments. Easy.


Serious?
!@#$%Vectors!@# is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:15 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy