Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 12:39 PM   #16
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Wilcox or Ely as a third big and Chicago is my Eastern pick for the Finals, not sure if they can handle the Suns or Mavs once there, but they're gonna get there.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #17
Walker
Cool Custom Title

Walker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat coolWalker is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman
Word is Chicago is heavily interested in Chris Wilcox.
And where's the proof of this? Like they're gonna go after a restricted free agent who's looking for a near max contract when they're already gonna have trouble resigning the talent they've already got. Pull your head out of your ass kiddo.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:41 PM   #18
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Ely's restricted, but I don't know if he's in Charlotte's long-term plans. Perhaps they won't match a decent offer.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #19
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf
How much money do they have left? Likely not enough...

It would be consumated through a sign and trade
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:42 PM   #20
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker
And where's the proof of this? Like they're gonna go after a restricted free agent who's looking for a near max contract when they're already gonna have trouble resigning the talent they've already got. Pull your head out of your ass kiddo.
It's on ISH rumor page.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:43 PM   #21
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

JordanPippenRodman has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker

Uh oh...looks like i got a band of wild kangaroos (i mean aussies) on my tail! what will i ever do???

the news is in all the papers. i'll throw you a bone:

http://www.suntimes.com/output/bulls...pt-bull05.html
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:54 PM   #22
G.O.P
I airball my layups

G.O.P has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnySic
Possibly...

That one word pretty much sums it up ... Its possible that they can be in the ECF, it wouldn't suprise me. I really feel the Bulls can play as a team the way Detroit has the past couple years, and possibly win a championship in a couple years.
G.O.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:07 AM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Yeah, Ben really dominated Shaq in the playoffs the past two year...err, uhh wait, he got beasted and we lost.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #24
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

I still think the Pistons are better. The Bulls don't have anyone to score in the post, or truly consistent offense from the perimeter. They're gonna be strong defensively though, but the Pistons still will too.

The Pistons will have to move Antonio into the starting lineup, but he's a nice shotblocker, consistent scorer, and good rebounder.

I think if they meet in the playoffs the Pistons win. Unless some of that young talent for the Bulls develops into true stars. Could happen, but I don't see it (Hinrich's good but not allstar level yet).
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 01:59 AM   #25
AKADS
National High School Star

AKADS is considered somewhat coolAKADS is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
I still think the Pistons are better. The Bulls don't have anyone to score in the post, or truly consistent offense from the perimeter. They're gonna be strong defensively though, but the Pistons still will too.

The Pistons will have to move Antonio into the starting lineup, but he's a nice shotblocker, consistent scorer, and good rebounder.

I think if they meet in the playoffs the Pistons win. Unless some of that young talent for the Bulls develops into true stars. Could happen, but I don't see it (Hinrich's good but not allstar level yet).

They could be the 4 and 5 seeds. and meet in the first round.
AKADS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 02:10 AM   #26
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Not to mention the Cavs being on the rise, their defense needs to improve, but with a healthy Hughes all season I wouldn't definately pencil in the Bulls over them in that division either.

Don't think of me as a hater for being a skeptic, cause I really want the Bulls to be a primetime team again. And on paper their defense should maybe be the best, however Ben replacing Chandler may only make them good enough to compete with the top teams in the East or for better words put them in the pack, I wouldn't put money on them beating the Nets/Cavs/Pistons/orHeat
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 03:58 AM   #27
rwbresler85
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rwbresler85 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee

Anyone that can sucessfully pick the ECF champ has a horseshoe up their ass. It is all a gamble as of now, team talent is up in the air and signifficant arguments can be made for 3, maybe even 4 or 5 Eastern contenders.
1. Miami seems like a safe choice considering Wade's playoff spectacle. Don't count Shaq out even though he's another year older. He will still draw doubles, making Miami role players such as Posey, Walker, and Williams much better. If teams chose to shut down wade, not many eastern teams have big men that can size up shaq...We saw what happened in game six when the pistons didn't double him. Also, Dorell Wright is still young as hell, making him a possible contributor and Wayne Simien will play too. Key is Mourning coming back and the heat staying healthy, if shaq misses significant time or they have to run Doleac at significant minutes because Mourning retires, their legitimacy as a ECF team will take a huge shot (don't try and say Kirk Hinrich can shutdown DWade)
2. Cleveland, whether or not they add to the team, will be a contender as well. It sounds cliche, but Lebron is only getting better and lord knows David Stern is banking on a Cleveland-Miami/Lebron-Wade show in the ECF. Big Z is underrated IMO, as is Drew Gooden...they are both big bodys that can mix it up down low as well as score, no other ECF have that kind of size in the post. Also, Cleveland won 50 games last season without Larry Hughes, he was still getting back to normal in the playoffs. However, Cleveland still lacks a bench presence and if Lebron misses anything over ten games the season could be scrapped. IMO Cleveland will probably mix it up signifficantly.
3. Chicago obviously got better on defense and in transition by adding Ben Wallace, they are basically the 0304 pistons with a deeper bench. However, you know if you ever watched a chicago game that Tyson Chandler made much more of an impact than the box scores indicated and they may miss him more than they think. Kirk and Duhon are great, Gordon is good but needs better shot selection. Nocioni is amaizing and could be the x-factor getting the bulls to the ECF. Another x-factor will be Tyrus Thomas considering they keep him and skiles alows him some PT. Tyrus will be better than Ben Wallace in a few years to come, consider him a stronger Prince or a less offensive Garnett. Nevertheless, they will have to play oversized teams like Miami and Cleveland. If I was from Chicago I'd rather bet on a championship in three years than one.
4. Detroit cannot be counted out. People rag on Naz because he didn't show up in san antonio, however his minutes were limited and he had to play along 3 legit scorers, split time with horry and nesterovic not to mention duncan, and never fit into the defense. Regardless, his time in NYC was comparable to Ben's at a younger age and even his box score this year wouldve been comparable to Ben's given more minutes this season. People need to stop saying McD will get the start, if he does, it wont last through december. Players that blow out their knees like he did will rarely get significant minutes. Needless to say, Tayshaun is the newbreed of the NBA, versatile as hell as well as hard working. Chauncey and Sheed (although coming from detroit Im sick of homers blowing them up to be superstars and the NBA allowing them allstar bids over Tayshaun) will show up next year, although sheed only has a few less seasons in them and without ben to clean up the boards chauncey wont have the ability to launch threes whenever he wants. Rip will show up as usual, and they will get Maxiel into the rotation and hopefully put together another year of contention...Pistons cannot be counted out. Also, maybe flip will get his head out of his ass and coach the team as well as let his starting five rest in april.

Dark Horse contenders include Nets, Celts, Pacers, and Wizards although big changes must me made with their teams

Nets-big men...as everyone has been saying for the past 200000 years, they need big men. if not big men they need a bench so they can play non stop run and gun like the suns do

Celts-great young core...Paul Pierce is really good, Telfair will have a possible breakout year even splitting time with delonte...but they wont do any real damage unless they somehow swing AI which I've heard stories about but seems unrealistic to me

Pacers-Still have Jermaine O and Stephen Jackson, whom I've liked since SA days, as well as a good player in Danny Granger...Adding Harrington will improve the team but they need a leader...JO needs to step it up for the Pacers to have a good year

Wizards-Gilbert Arenas is good, hes not the truth, but hes good...losing Jeffries is a big no-no, when he wants to he can play...they need big men that arent so soft and injury prone and can score...maybe melvin ely...Caron Butler will get better, and Jamison is a double double player...plus they got rid of Kwame Brown almost a year ago so good things have got to come their way.

p.s. Hornets are an 8 seed at best in the west, lakers will make it, and memphis will make it if damon can stay healthy...utah will be good

p.p.s. acquiring adonal foyle has sealed it...the knicks will win less than ten games next year and Isaiah will be dragged through the streets by patrick ewing and charles oakley Achilles style
rwbresler85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:26 AM   #28
NoBULL
Can barely lace up my sneakers

NoBULL has an OK reputation so far

I love how everyone mentions that the Bulls's offense is gonna go to ****s now that we have Ben Wallace.. first of all the Bulls ranked #13th, thats right, 13th, in offense last season. We are a jump shooting, pick n roll team and I really don't see why there's this huge need for a post scorer considering we put up the best fight in the Eastern conference against Miami in the playoffs. Now our defense is really solidified as one of the best in the league and we have a big who can actually catch the ball (Tyrus Thomas), I would not be suprised to see us in the Finals, if not next year then in the next few years. Frankly, nobody scares me in the East. Miami is aging rapidly. Detroit lost a bigger piece of that team than they'd like to admit. New Jersey, bleh, still wishing Vince Carter has what it takes it carry a team deep into the playoffs? And Cleveland needs to get more consistent and play better D if they wanna go deep.
NoBULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 05:32 AM   #29
Bill Swerski

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman

*Grabs Uncle Sam's finger, bends back, finger breaks*

*Sam falls to floor swearing...F#@KSH!!ZB#%&$#@!!!!*

...and another thing.... ...

...No ECF for my Bulls this year, likely a #5 seed.

I'm praying tho.......
Old 07-06-2006, 05:44 AM   #30
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoBULL
I love how everyone mentions that the Bulls's offense is gonna go to ****s now that we have Ben Wallace.. first of all the Bulls ranked #13th, thats right, 13th, in offense last season. We are a jump shooting, pick n roll team and I really don't see why there's this huge need for a post scorer considering we put up the best fight in the Eastern conference against Miami in the playoffs. Now our defense is really solidified as one of the best in the league and we have a big who can actually catch the ball (Tyrus Thomas), I would not be suprised to see us in the Finals, if not next year then in the next few years. Frankly, nobody scares me in the East. Miami is aging rapidly. Detroit lost a bigger piece of that team than they'd like to admit. New Jersey, bleh, still wishing Vince Carter has what it takes it carry a team deep into the playoffs? And Cleveland needs to get more consistent and play better D if they wanna go deep.

I have to agree with you there.

Chandler is a goner. And with Chandler gone they've basically just upgraded their defence. Wallace is better than Chandler defensively and is an equally poor offensive player. I'm sure Wallace's 6.6ppg (career, 7.3 last year) will replace Chandler's mighty 7.1ppg (career, 5.3 last year).
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: