Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 03:24 PM   #16
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShannonElements
Stop being sucha homer, JordanPippenRodman. You're quickly losing respect around here.

Then instead of drafting Aldridge, the big man with the best offensive skills, they get Tyrus Thomas, with no offensive skills

They will have a defensive team that can't score...they will lose every game 70-65.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:49 PM   #17
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyBravo5
They will have a defensive team that can't score...they will lose every game 70-65.

I agree that signing Wallace may not have been the best move for our team, but we didn't have any low post scoring last year either, and we still put up almost 98 points per game. Don't forget that we still have Hinrich, Gordon, Nocioni, and Deng to score all the points for us. The only difference is that we now have someone who can actually grab an offensive rebound.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 03:56 PM   #18
Bill Swerski

As a lifelong Bulls fan, lemme say....

We will NOT win a title next year...

All this talk is nonsense.

We will be a #5/#6 seed.

I was not one for signing Wallace either.
He costs a ridiculous amount of money for what he does,
although he will serve as a great veteran influence on the young core, it's not my understanding that a great veteran influence, and some rebounds,
is worth 50 million+.......

I think it would have been a smarter move to sign no one over 28, and plan on competing for a title 3-4 years from now, when Shaq retires.

We will be a better squad next year, but not by any incredible margin.
Old 07-05-2006, 04:02 PM   #19
Maestro33
Decent playground baller

Default 2 cents

1. We'll be higher than a 5 or 6 seed.
2. New Jersey isn't a concern. Kirk can more than handle Kidd and VC is a *****.
3. Even as an excited Bulls fan myself, I think JPR needs to calm down.
4. We aren't that far from being a contender mostly because of our chemistry but we need 1 and a half mroe players to do so.
Maestro33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:03 PM   #20
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

JPR, stop with all these Bulls threads, if you really want to post them, post them in the Bulls team forum.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:08 PM   #21
Sham
Great young streetballer

Does anyone else think that Isiah Thomas is on the Bull's payroll??
Sham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:13 PM   #22
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

People are way overrating the Bulls. So they got to the second round.Big Deal. They barley made it into the playoffs and only made it because of a big winning streak. So they gave Miami trouble. So what. They were the best team at exposing the Heats weaknesses with Hinrich guarding Wade and making the Heat play defense outside of the paint. So there young. Yeahhh,people have been calling that for 3 and a half yearss. There a decent team but not title contenders . They need a couple more pieces to that bench and a star
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Only be a title contender when they trade/sign an offensive player who can be the go to guy. Right now the bench is cool with Duhon, Deng, Sweetney, T.Thomas. But I guess if they want to land that star to take them to be title contenders they will have to take a hit to thier bench. IMO that shouldnt be a problem considering they will have another lottery pick with good talent to pick from. No title contenders but if the Bulls want they can be one in 2007 if they make the right moves. Remains to be seen.

Big Ben just made the team a 50 win team. Not a title contender.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #24
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

Bulls an already tough defensive team just got tougher with the best shot blcoker in the league
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:48 PM   #25
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default asdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 420puffer
Bulls an already tough defensive team just got tougher with the best shot blcoker in the league

! I didn't know 'Zo, Dal, Camby, or Ak47, are going to Chicago.. Wow that's great!!!
Old 07-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #26
420puffer
Kids at the park dunk on me

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
! I didn't know 'Zo, Dal, Camby, or Ak47, are going to Chicago.. Wow that's great!!!
i meant to say one of the best... i just started a thread about the best shot blcoker... i think its ak
420puffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:33 PM   #27
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

It takes a lot to resurrect what was a dead franchise after the infamous breakup of the Championship Bulls of the late 90's. I give Paxson a lot of credit for turning this franchise around after all it had been through since the late 90's. People seem to think that just because the Bulls are makin a lot of noise this offseason, that an NBA title is imminent. My response is that I believe that they can, if the pieces all fall together. It's not all about the best seed or having the best record. It's about having a team that can contend in the playoffs, which the Bulls can do in the Eastern Conference after renovating the team while setting up for a possible steal next year if the Knicks tank and Greg Oden comes into the draft. Paxson is doing what he promised, and that was to make this team a contender. Applause to him for the job he anad Skiles have done in three years. Anyway, back to business. Everybody seems to think that the Bulls need to find a clutch shooter to look to at the end of the game........my answer is that they already have one. He wears no. 7. Just because he's young doesn't mean that he can't do it. That's something that has to be developed by being in those types of situations. Ben Gordan will be a star in this league. Everyone seems to have statements about their bench.........last time I checked, they had the highest(or maybe 2nd) scoring bench in the NBA. They lost no real important player save Tyson Chander, who they traded to get PJ Brown and JR Smith. JR can be in a star, but like every young player, he has to be motivated to do so. Given how last season ended, I think that he will be motivated to prove not only Byron Scott, but the Hornets organization as a whole that they were wrong to give up on him. As far as Wallace goes, the Bulls don't need him for offense.....they were in the top half in the league in scoring, and number one in defense. They did that without having a low post lockdown threat, and they get a player who is an accomplished rebounder, much in the ways of Rodman in the bulls 2nd threepeat. That only helps the offense, seeing as they were a lot of one and dones last year due to no offensive rebounds, which Big Ben can get easily. As far as Ben's stats slipping, that's due to the Pistons total lack of defensive intensity as they became what they most despised, a prima donna jumpshooting team. As far as a low post threat......what team in the NBA really has one of those? Except Shaq, Amare, Duncan, and at times KG, there isn't one of those cause the game is so perimeter oriented. The Dallas Mavericks made the finals without a legitamite center, and I don't hear anybody complaining about that. The Bulls are definitely playoff contenders, and a possible dark horse Finals pick. But do know that the Bulls are something to be reckoned with. With the speed, athleticism, and defense that's sitting in the Windy City, expect the Bulls to be in the Finals very soon representing the Eastern conference in the Finals soon.......if not this year.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #28
AppleNader
Cornell Basketball=#1

once Ben learns to shoot free-throws better than my grandma, maybe I'll considering a possible Chicago Bulls championship
AppleNader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:23 PM   #29
zebraheat
I hit open layups

Well, I expected the Bulls to finally to start playing decent they had way too many high draft picks not to put together playoff team. In fact I can't think of a team that was so wasteful of their draft picks than Chicago:

2006 2nd Tyrus Thomas -- you need a low post scorer, so what do you do? You trade him for a raw combo forward
2004 3rd & 7th Gordon & Deng -- good picks
2003 7th -- Kirk Hinrich, finally getting somwhere
2002 2nd Jay Williams -- tragic case, nothing
2001 4th Eddie Curry -- cap space
2000 4th Marcus Fizer -- nothing
1999 1st Elton Brand -- the result> PJ Brown & JR Smith
zebraheat is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: