Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

G League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum G League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 08-21-2016, 05:30 PM   #766
PAOK
I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Default Re: 2016 Team USA Basketball discussion: Gold medal game vs Serbia, Sunday 2:45pm ET

congrats to the US.

the best team in the tournament won it
PAOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:01 PM   #767
CuterThanRubio
#NBAChampionSteveNash

Default Re: 2016 Team USA Basketball discussion: Gold medal game vs Serbia, Sunday 2:45pm ET

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Embarrassing.

Anyone claiming FIBA ball > NBA competitively is a moron.

This was our C team, thrown together at the last second. Playing a game with a set of whacky incoherent rules we aren't used to ... And we Molly Whop the other gold medal team by 30. Imagine if we had this lineup for the tournament

CP3 / Westbrook / Kyrie
Curry / Klay
Durant / Harden / George
LeBron / Leonard
Davis / Cousins

Sick.

2007 FIBA - Gold
2008 - Gold (over PEAK Spain)
2010 C team FIBA - Gold
2012 - Gold (over 2nd best Spain)
2014 B team FIBA - Gold
2016 C team - Gold

I think the throne is firmly and dominantly back where it belongs. Eurotrash hold this L, clown.

Leonard and LeBron on the same team would be so unfair

I would personally replace Davis with KAT since he can hit the long two and that translates to a three internationally.

There truly is no reason for the USA to lose a game for the next 10 years.
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:03 PM   #768
Rooster
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Embarrassing.

Anyone claiming FIBA ball > NBA competitively is a moron.

This was our C team, thrown together at the last second. Playing a game with a set of whacky incoherent rules we aren't used to ... And we Molly Whop the other gold medal team by 30. Imagine if we had this lineup for the tournament

CP3 / Westbrook / Kyrie
Curry / Klay
Durant / Harden / George
LeBron / Leonard
Davis / Cousins

Sick.

2007 FIBA - Gold
2008 - Gold (over PEAK Spain)
2010 C team FIBA - Gold
2012 - Gold (over 2nd best Spain)
2014 B team FIBA - Gold
2016 C team - Gold

I think the throne is firmly and dominantly back where it belongs. Eurotrash hold this L, clown.

Our players barely play FIBA rules and still kicking asses. I think it's time to send our college players back. This is getting boring now.
Rooster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #769
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooster
Our players barely play FIBA rules and still kicking asses. I think it's time to send our college players back. This is getting boring now.
I like the idea of sending the best players 25 and under every year. So, it wouldn't necessarily be college kids (though it could be), but it also wouldn't be NBA veterans. It would keep the games interesting enough while still giving our guys the best odds most years to take gold.

Once this team started to gel and they figured out which lineups worked best together, it was over. Even Spain, who had a really nice team, didn't play us nearly as close as the final score let on.

We've won the last three gold medal games (including the 2014 FIBA WC) by a combined, what? Close to 100 points?

So, what would be our under 25 team this year?

This is how I would do it:

PG: Kyrie Irving
SG: CJ McCollum
SF: Kawhi Leonard
PF: Derrick Favors
C: Anthony Davis

Bench: DeMarcus Cousins, Karl-Anthony Towns, John Wall, Khris Middleton, Jae Crowder, Harrison Barnes, Brad Beal, Andre Drummond, Victor Oladipo, Tobias Harris

I'd rather have a hustle/motor guy at the 4 in the starting lineup, but I couldn't really think of one worthy of that spot under 25. Aaron Gordon maybe?
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 06:55 PM   #770
sick_brah07
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuterThanRubio
Leonard and LeBron on the same team would be so unfair

I would personally replace Davis with KAT since he can hit the long two and that translates to a three internationally.

There truly is no reason for the USA to lose a game for the next 10 years.

fiarly certain KAT plays for another nation cannot put my finger of which nation ...

found it ... dominican republic
sick_brah07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:25 PM   #771
CuterThanRubio
#NBAChampionSteveNash

Quote:
Originally Posted by sick_brah07
fiarly certain KAT plays for another nation cannot put my finger of which nation ...

found it ... dominican republic

Ahhh, slipped my mind, I hate when players do that.
CuterThanRubio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 08:27 PM   #772
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Put my boy from Chicago on the team, Jahlil Okafor. Can score on the low block, and isn't the slow non athletic slug Demarcus Cousins was out there all summer. Dude was getting tore up when stretched out beyond like 8 feet from the rim.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 09:38 PM   #773
tpols
we already won

i get that its cool to hate on euroball, but united states has an inherent advantage in that its states are literally the size of countries in europe, but they get to pool talent from every state. It's 300 million versus 100 million (spain, serbia, austrailia, croatia, argentina combined), except none of these countries are playing together. Imagine if euro team was best players from every country and was playing team texas and team new york, etc thats essentially how geography has made it so that the USA has a big advantage in basketball and many other sports as well. Biggest population by orders of magnitude, and big sports culture. European countries have the same sports culture but not a sliver of the population, and Asia / India dont have the sports culture so their population doesnt matter. thats why united states is so dominant at the olympics.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 10:32 PM   #774
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Default Re: 2016 Team USA Basketball discussion: USA beats Serbia, wins gold medal

Durant is officially the best player in team USA history. MVP of Rio.

Does anyone have his stats for the olympics? Pretty sure he shot damn near 70%.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:11 PM   #775
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

Default Re: 2016 Team USA Basketball discussion: USA beats Serbia, wins gold medal

Here we go with more screw loose tpol attempts at logic bombs.

Dude is literally creating reasons why we don't deserve gold medals? Or that it's not impressive? Besides stating the obvious about the size of our country.

Yes, USA doesn't deserve gold medals because our country is expansive geographically and is full of small states but not sovereign nations of a larger continent.

Even though it has more to do with athletic prowess and nations with a more sport centric mind set.

And even though the USA is a distant 3rd among country population, even given our size.

We dominate basketball because of our talent. It's our game. We are still decades more advanced than a lot of these nations. And that's even with our influence and even our own coaches going to these countries to teach them the game.

Tpols the past 2 years has become an out and out joke of a poster.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:14 PM   #776
tpols
we already won

where did i say a gold medal isnt deserved .. ?

just pointing out its not as lopsided as some make it out to be.. you especially, coach. lol. Your blind fandom for that jumpman jordan athleticism, and stereotyping of other countries ..ironically it is you that fits the typical dumb, arrogant american stereotype. you shouldve been a barkley fan, champ.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:29 PM   #777
SamuraiSWISH
For the Culture

No, it really is lopsided. They've only lost with pros 3 times in the Olympics in 24 years. And it's not due to population size strictly.

What am I stereotyping?

So proud American makes one dumb, or arrogant? What am I doing that perpetuates either of those stereotypes? You're the one coming in here and throwing shade. With absolutely dumb, or purely obvious assessments.

We aren't winning these games based purely on athleticism.

Don't be a [()]

If being proud that our country continues to bitch smack the competition makes one arrogant in your opinion, oh well. Cry us a river. Do we need to give these other countries a good job, good effort speech?

Also, I was a Barkley fan. All those guys have the same proud, arrogant, and competitive view of their home turf as it stands world wide within the game of basketball. That's why these pros continue to proudly show up and play for free.
Old 08-21-2016, 11:36 PM   #778
KiiiiNG
Undefeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
where did i say a gold medal isnt deserved .. ?

just pointing out its not as lopsided as some make it out to be.. you especially, coach. lol. Your blind fandom for that jumpman jordan athleticism, and stereotyping of other countries ..ironically it is you that fits the typical dumb, arrogant american stereotype. you shouldve been a barkley fan, champ.

Kills me everytime.

#NeverForget
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 11:53 PM   #779
gabepizza
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpols
i get that its cool to hate on euroball, but united states has an inherent advantage in that its states are literally the size of countries in europe, but they get to pool talent from every state. It's 300 million versus 100 million (spain, serbia, austrailia, croatia, argentina combined), except none of these countries are playing together. Imagine if euro team was best players from every country and was playing team texas and team new york, etc thats essentially how geography has made it so that the USA has a big advantage in basketball and many other sports as well. Biggest population by orders of magnitude, and big sports culture. European countries have the same sports culture but not a sliver of the population, and Asia / India dont have the sports culture so their population doesnt matter. thats why united states is so dominant at the olympics.

You used the smallest countries. If you combine Brazil (200 million) and Russia (140 million) you have more population than the US.
gabepizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 AM   #780
FKAri
NBA All-star

Finally Durant killing it. Just like 2010, where it was Durant > USA > rest. Durant was far and away the best player on that team and dominated like everyone knows he can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabepizza
You used the smallest countries. If you combine Brazil (200 million) and Russia (140 million) you have more population than the US.
Basketball is like dodgeball in Brazil bruh Soccer players are Gods there. Why would anyone even try basketball?
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: