Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 05-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #16
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who would be picked after oden and durant?

I'd take Brewer over Noah. Noah could be a good player but he doesn't have a polished pffensive game yet like Brewer does. Not saying that Brewer will be 20 ppg, but that he can stroke the three and attack the basket. Great potential as a shutdown three and he could get 15 points regularly if he stays active and plays his role.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 01:09 PM   #17
FireMcFailPlease
Loserville USA

FireMcFailPlease has an OK reputation so far

Brewer can stroke the 3?

Since when?
FireMcFailPlease is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:23 PM   #18
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireMcFailPlease
Brewer can stroke the 3?

Since when?
Since the SEC and NCAA tournament for starters..........

Did you catch any of those games?
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:49 PM   #19
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

Brandan Wright has been my third choice for months. If Oden and Durant are LeBron and Wade, then Wright is Carmelo.

After him, I think Julian Wright should get looked at. He is a great defender, and I think will improve his offensive game.

Yi Jianlian will get looked at because of his rare skill set for his height, but I am surprised more people aren't bring up the age issue. There is a big difference between being 19 and being 22 in terms of his upside. It seems more people are leaning towards 1984 or '85 now, which means he will be like drafting a college Junior or Senior, instead of the Freshman he is listed at.

Al Horford has a good chance I think if a team really wants help right away. I think if the Bulls got the 3rd pick, he would be a good choice, but I just can't see some of those bad teams passing on the guy with more potential when they are so far away from the playoffs. Sure you may get a solid 12 and 6 guy with Horford right away, but when he maxes out at 15 and 8, and Wright is putting up 20 and 10, you would wish you had Wright.

I don't think anyone else is going to be given a real long look at #3. Noah and Brewer are very good prospects and will be much better than 5 to 12 picks, but they just aren't on the level of these guys I don't think.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 12:17 AM   #20
thejoyofsobe
Local High School Star

thejoyofsobe has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Al Horford has a good chance I think if a team really wants help right away. I think if the Bulls got the 3rd pick, he would be a good choice, but I just can't see some of those bad teams passing on the guy with more potential when they are so far away from the playoffs. Sure you may get a solid 12 and 6 guy with Horford right away, but when he maxes out at 15 and 8, and Wright is putting up 20 and 10, you would wish you had Wright.
Julian Wright may have more offensive potential than Horford but there is no way Wright will be a better rebounder than him, especially since Wright will likely play the small forward position. Horford averaged 0.1 less rebounds than Greg Oden this season while also playing next to a 7 foot tall lottery power forward who also outrebounded Wright. Julian's pretty good on the boards but Horford's much better.

Last edited by thejoyofsobe : 05-19-2007 at 12:34 AM.
thejoyofsobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:40 AM   #21
eeeeeebro
Decent college freshman

eeeeeebro has decent reputationeeeeeebro has decent reputation

who ever gets thornton as a late pick is gonna be lucky
eeeeeebro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:02 PM   #22
monthh
Local High School Star

Well my thinking wasn't so much that Wright would be a better rebounder, but would probably be on the court more. I do think both will be about the same rebounding the ball however. Wright has such long arms and will be able to outjump people. Horford has better skills in terms of rebounding right now, but is also has a couple more years of college basketball under his belt. Give Wright a few years and he will be a good rebounder as well. But really I was thinking Wright might be one of those guys that play up around 40mpg, while Horford might get 5 to 10 minutes less.

Plus these numbers don't take into account the teams the players end up on. If Horford is playing on an uptempo team that has lots of rebounding options, like the Suns, I could see him getting 10 boards a game even next to Amare and Marion. He will be a very good player. However, Wright may end up on a team like Memphis and be on the court with guys that I think are/will be good rebounders like Gasol, Gay, and Warrick. It might cut down his rebound oportunities.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:47 PM   #23
monthh
Local High School Star

As for Thorton, I am so up in the air about him. He is a great athlete and very solid overall, but he still seems to have a lot to work on, and at like 23, he hasn't peaked, but just doesn't have that upside others do.

My main problem with him is that he just doesn't ever really seem to excel. Like with rebounding, he does a good job, but doesn't get anything besides the rebounds he should get. On defense he is good, and I think better than most in this draft, but he still made some dumb plays when I saw him play. He also kind of lacks a position. I know Marion has done very well in the same situation, but he is in a unique position to do well. Thorton has the size of a SF, and can shoot well enough too, but he doesn't handle the ball all that well. I think he is actually better suited to be a versitile PF, but he will struggle against some of the bigger and better PF in the game.

With that said, he is very good offensively. It is clear he doesn't have the upside of Durant, but he still is one of the most "sure" scorer in the draft. Taking into account his athletic ability, decent size, and ability to just flat out get the ball in the hoop, he should be able to step in and least be solid on offense. I think the key to him being the sleeper some people think he will be just putting all the peices of his game together, working on his mental toughness (I saw him play himself out of games because his shots weren't falling), and working hard (shouldn't be a problem based on how he plays).
Old 05-27-2007, 01:10 PM   #24
bellmic
Can barely lace up my sneakers

bellmic has an OK reputation so far

Al Horford to Atlanta
picking Brandan Wright here would be just like picking Marvin Williams all over again so don't do it Al Horford will produce right away

Brandan Wright to Memphis
next best big and they need someone to play next to Gasol or KG, whoever

Yi Jianlian to Boston
He could really help score down low and run with Green, West, and Pierce

Mike Conley Jr. to Milwaukee
Bucks need some new raw talent at the guard, best point guard in the draft won't fall down to the 20's this year
bellmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:53 AM   #25
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation

ATL should get conley even if #3 is "too high" for him or else good lock in the lottery next yr
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 01:57 AM   #26
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world has decent reputationwally_world has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by trig
ATL should get conley even if #3 is "too high" for him or else good lock in the lottery next yr

he's the best PG in recent draft history... and Hawks need a PG... would take alot of time for him to develop to someone special though... the PG position requires alot of experience... its whether the Hawks are patient enough...
wally_world is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:07 AM   #27
monthh
Local High School Star

Why do people seem to bring up Wright being like Marvin Williams (8pts, 5reb as a rookie, as like a 19 year old), and don't bring up Horford being like Sheldon Williams (5pts, 5reb as a rookie, at like 22 years old)?

Not that I think this is a totally fair comparison, but I don't think you can assume that because both Williams and Wright left UNC after their freshman year, they will be the same. It is like saying Vince Carter is the same as MJ or something.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: