Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 07-04-2006, 01:51 PM   #1
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far
Default Matt Harpring staying in utah

http://deseretnews.com/dn/view/0,1249,640192167,00.html

Deal is believed to be around $25 million over 4 years

I like it but I would of liked us to maybe try for butler. But it's better then not getting a SF or ending up with a very shotty one.

Last edited by New Jazzy Nets : 07-05-2006 at 03:06 AM.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
greglove777
Can barely lace up my sneakers

greglove777 has an OK reputation so far

I'm really glad the jazz resigned him. First and foremost b/c he is one of the, if not the only, leaders the Jazz have. His on court game really doesn't comand an enourmous amount of respect, but on and off the court all the players listen to him. Secondly, he plays harder than most players in the NBA and is a perfect example of what Solan likes in his players. This is big for the Jazz for those two main reasons. I do agree though that I would have liked to see, and still do, a real outside threat. No doubt Matt can shoot, especially when he's 100%, but he has been a lot streakier in the last two years. I'm hoping that was just his health and, praise Allah, he can be healthy the for an entire season. So here is my BOLD prediction. Not only will the Harpring stay healthly all season, but the Jazz wil make the playoffs and then..........get killed. But hey...one step at a time. This is also tied to the hope that they don't trade Boozer for far below his worth which is all they can get for him right now. But I can still see them doing it.
greglove777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:13 PM   #3
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Harpring puts his heart out there in regular season games probably more than almost anyone in the league
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

Good signing. Harpring might not be the most talented guy, but as ISH said, he puts his heart in it. And he's a decent shooter, so as said, good signing.

BTW, ISH: Black on purple is a bit hard on my old eyes. I know it's the team colours and all, but this just hurts ;)
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

Yeah this cool. Matt's a solid back up. It's too bad the Jazz had to overpay him a bit, but he has been the heart and hustle of this team recently...
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.

Harp's the man. I remember watching a game and during time out, it showed Stockton and Harp sitting next to each other on the bench. Stockton was clearly clowning on Harpring, who clearly didn't like it, which made Stockton crack up laughing. I've never seen Stock like that. Harp actually makes Stockton look like a goofball. And if that doesn't embody Sloan, I don't know what does. Kudos to the Jazz for recognizing he's a keeper. I also think Harp's gonna have a much healthier season and get closer to his 17 point average he had a couple years back. 17 points!! He's worth the money.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #7
ak47smohawk
I brick open layups

ak47smohawk has an OK reputation so far

I think thats too long and way too much for Harpring. I don't think his knees have another 4 years left in them. He is worth the MLE, not much more. Would have been nice to have the Jazz go after some other guys before signing him so quick.
ak47smohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:12 PM   #8
hardfoul
I brick open layups

hardfoul has an OK reputation so far

Good move, IMHO. He's one of the guys that ALWAYS hustles. That's worth something if for no other reason to make the talented younger guys earn any playing time they get.
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #9
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

The best thing about this deal is that the Jazz know exactly what their getting. Alot of heart, hustle, leadership and double figures off the bench.

Maybe even the occasional start......

They know his medical condition better than anyone so giving him 4 yrs must say what they think of his knees.
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:00 PM   #10
SJellen
I hit open 5-footers

SJellen has an OK reputation so far

not bad. you know what your getting and if he gets hurt the contract wont kill you.
SJellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:15 AM   #11
Summit42
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Summit42 has an OK reputation so far

Matt is all hustle, he reminds me of Jerry Sloan back in the day. I think i would count on both hands the combined total of smiles I have seen the both of them bust out while on the court.
Summit42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:08 AM   #12
Pre777
I airball my layups

Pre777 has an OK reputation so far

I agree, Matt is a keeper. A gritty veteran on a team that has very little experience.
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: