Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Utah Jazz Forum

Utah Jazz Forum Utah Jazz forum - Utah Jazz message board

Old 06-30-2006, 09:47 PM   #1
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Bricklayer has no real reputation yet.
Default Trades? Free Agents?

We got our young guns in the draft. Who do we go after in the offseason? Do we make any trades (maybe a sign and trade with Harpring if he plans on leaving anyway)?? Here is a list of free agents according to USA Today :

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/baske...e-agents_x.htm

I love Jason Terry to death. I wish we had gotten him when he signed our contract offer. But i think his asking price is too high and he may eat up too much of Deron's minutes. Which is where Mike James comes in. The dude can score. And he would be an upgrade over both Palacio or McLeod. As for the shooting guards listed, Bonzi Wells definitely has game, but he's no Jazz man. I like Flip, but he may be too selfish for Sloan's liking. And for the big men, we should go after Chris Wilcox. He doesn't seem like Jazz material either, but neither did Donyell Marshall and he had one of his best years in a jazz uniform.

As for trades, I wouldn't mind seeing the Jazz go after Magloire. I think he would fit in very nicely. But we would probably have to give up Boozer to get him. What moves should we make this summer?
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:08 PM   #2
lowblok
High School Varsity 6th Man

lowblok has an OK reputation so far

I read they picked up on Mcleod's option so I guess their looking at Harpring and a big to fill the roster. Still need that shotblocker!
lowblok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:12 PM   #3
Pre777
I airball my layups

Pre777 has an OK reputation so far

Joel Pryzxcjbilla would be a great fit. Just don't ask me to pronounce it! My dream trade would be boozer, giricek and draft picks for Ray Allen... nothing that big would ever happen.
Pre777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 11:22 PM   #4
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

vagabond has an OK reputation so far

Are the Jazz really that keen to trade Boozer? If so what deals are going to take seriously for him?

He seems to be a fair amount of interest about which could mean some good value for money. And that would not include wheres Wally from the Celtics...
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #5
lowblok

If all the other teams can only come up with a Wally type player then the JAZZ would be better off leaving the team as it is! Boozer is the low post threat that is needed on this team.
Old 07-04-2006, 02:36 AM   #6
lowblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre777
Joel Pryzbilla would be a great fit.

Absolutely he would!
Old 07-04-2006, 06:21 AM   #7
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

lowblok and his blockshot fetish :)

But agreed, he'd be a fit.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 10:20 AM   #8
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Getting Joel would let the power forwards go back to playing power forward

Though, having boozer and okur out there on the floor at the same time at 4 and 5 is more important than joel
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 01:43 PM   #9
Heretik32
Myrrh

Heretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat coolHeretik32 is considered somewhat cool

As long as AK is healthy, having Okur and Booze on the floor gives the team fantastic possibilities.

If AK is injured, his excellent help defense isn't there anymore, and I don't really trust Okur's man-on-man defense. So it would be better to try and sign a defensive big man.
Heretik32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 05:47 PM   #10
cyco127
Local High School Star

cyco127 has an OK reputation so far

I'd like to see the Jazz go after Francisco Elson. He really began to show some good defensive skills last season for Denver.
cyco127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 06:07 PM   #11
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

What intrigues me is that the Bulls are shopping Tyson Chandler and the Hornets are willing to trade PJ Brown. The Bulls just lost Eric Piatowski to the Suns and are rumored to be getting rid of Ben Gordon, so they will probably look for another 2 guard. I would love to see the Jazz go for a Giricek/Collins/draft picks for Tyson Chandler trade. Think of it - Okur or D-Will could rain 3 point attempts while Chandler and Boozer would snag the misses and feed it back out until they went in! Sure, our 3 point percentage may still hover around 30% but if we get 70 tries a game, the Jazz win. Ha. And PJ Brown is a workhorse every team would love. Especially Sloan.
Old 07-04-2006, 10:10 PM   #12
lowblok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
I would love to see the Jazz go for a Giricek/Collins/draft picks for Tyson Chandler trade.

Works for me!!
Old 07-04-2006, 10:15 PM   #13
hardfoul
I brick open layups

hardfoul has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricklayer
.......... I would love to see the Jazz go for a Giricek/Collins/draft picks for Tyson Chandler trade. .........

I'm not that familiar with Chandler. Would he actually work in a system that makes you actually earn playing time?
hardfoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 10:03 PM   #14
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Tyson Chandler is a pretty good player. Not great, and certainly not up to his potential considering where he was drafted. He's been sort of a goat in Chicago his whole career and that's why i think he needs a fresh start somewhere else. He's been accused of not putting his all into each game, which wouldn't go over well with Sloan, but he gets by on his talent alone. He hasn't developed much offensively but the Jazz have plenty of offensive-minded big guys. We need reliable defense, shot-blocking, and offensive rebounding. He can do those things. It's just a matter of whether he can mesh in Sloan's system. But i just found out the guy comes with a price... 10 mill a year! Giricek makes 4 a year which means we'd have to sign Collins for around 5 or 6 a year. The Bulls would laugh at that. He's not worth 10 Mill.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:51 AM   #15
lowblok

Too late he's gone now anyway.

Who does that leave us with?...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: