Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-16-2007, 08:09 PM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here
Default Next PG might be a SG

Phil said this in his exit interview...that our the PG they get might actually be a SG who will be asked to be the PG (this worked with Ron Harper in the past)...I guess this opens up more possibilites we can look at for a PG...

Marques Danielsl? Jamal Crawford? John Salmons?
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Next PG might be a SG

Marquis Daniels is not that bad, does that mean we try to get him when we trade fo JO.

John Salmons I don't think Kings will trade him, but does that mean we try to include him in a trade with Artest!

I would love to have Jamal Crawford on the team. What do we give up to get him?
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:32 PM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

That's actually a pretty good idea since there aren't any really good point gaurds available that LA can afford. Cleveland has been playing very good ball now that they moved Hughes over to the point and he is a natural 2. As long as it's someone that can play defense (meaning try to keep up with the speed) on guys like Tony Parker and Steve Nash it would work well. Those guys get frustrated sometimes when they have a much taller person gaurding them because it cuts off their passing lanes.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Crawford likes to shoot a lot and is very streaky. I like him, but on the Knicks because I don't care if they win or lose :
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 PM   #5
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

i like daneils better than the others but if this happens kobe will end up bringin up the ball half the time but daniels is a nice add

what about farmar he can start at the point he's the best canidate
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 08:51 PM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Farmar is not a starter. He's a nice backup. If Kobe were to bring the ball up the court you could just have Maurice Evans play more. He's shown that he can score when needed and is a solid defender.
Old 05-16-2007, 09:10 PM   #7
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

I wonder how Phil feels about all of those SGs getting blown by ...Nash, Barbosa, Parker. If that's what Phil wants, he better get a legit shot blocker in there.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #8
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

If you want Salmons and Artest, be prepared to pay up.

Just wondering would you guys do: Salmons/Filler/Future 2nd round pick for Kwame?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 09:49 PM   #9
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ok, philosophical question on PJax and the Triangle...

So, we all know PJax loves tall PG's. However, the NBA has changed a bit and gone to a quicker game that has even changed the need for a traditional center.

So, is the strategy wrong to continue with PJax's philosophy? How can the Lakers match up defensively with so many of these teams that are quicker, if they cannot stop the offensive initiator that the smaller quicker point guards of the league are...????

Please share your thoughts....

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:27 PM   #10
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Ok, philosophical question on PJax and the Triangle...

So, we all know PJax loves tall PG's. However, the NBA has changed a bit and gone to a quicker game that has even changed the need for a traditional center.

So, is the strategy wrong to continue with PJax's philosophy? How can the Lakers match up defensively with so many of these teams that are quicker, if they cannot stop the offensive initiator that the smaller quicker point guards of the league are...????

Please share your thoughts....

Very good question!

Here's what I think.

Phil and the triangle sucks!

Phil had MJ Pipen and Rodman then Shaq and Kobe.

And my gut feeling is the hell with the Zen Master!

IMO I hate to say this but it's time to trade Odom, if we can get Paul that's cool, but I was thinking what if we could trade Odom for Artest and their draft pick, crazy thought but it might work. Then next year try to do what we can to Get Coach K. If we can get him Kobe will never leave.

But mostly I do think the triangle is just not working!
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 10:44 PM   #11
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

Just wondering would you guys do: Salmons/Filler/Future 2nd round pick for Kwame?

scrubs for kwame?

jk y0 :
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #12
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I want our new gaurd to posess these talents, perimeter defense first, ball handling second and a shooter third...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 11:56 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboi_baller

in a heart beat!!

Mitch is almost good at finding second rounders that can last in the NBA.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 AM   #14
cubicle BOB
Can barely lace up my sneakers

cubicle BOB has an OK reputation so far

JO or KG are not going to solve the Lakers problems especially since that would require them to give up bynum and odom.

However, i have a plan that i put together that allows the Lakers to Keep all the players you'd want them to keep while improving on the areas that we need to improve on like A PLAYMAKING PG AND A CENTER THAT CAN TAKE IT IN THE POST.

I propose the following:

Sign Jamaal Magloire
$8,300,000

b4 we release smush, trade him with a 4th or 5th rounder to charlotte for Brevin Knight
$4,400,000

release aaron mckie

Brevin Knight Backs up for Raymond Felton anyway, the bobs would do it they get a good player in smush and a draft pick.

We need a guy like brevin knight
6.6 assists in 28 mins. 1.5 steals per game 9.1 ppg
we need a playmaker, someone who can move the ball around.

we have a few options with vlad rad and mihm

trade mihm and vlad rad for shareef abdur rahim (i know they prob wont do that)

or trade him alone or with mihm to pistons for mcydess $5,883,600

Next we make a 3 way trade with bucks and 6ixers

we give KWAME to 76ers-who have NO NO NO PF's check their roster

the 76ers give KYLE KORVER to the BUCKS who have no SF their best sf is "the kobe stopper"

then we get Charlie Villanueva 6'11" 240 $2,537,880
12ppg 25mpg 6rpg 1apg .337 3p%

if the sixers still dont feel comfortable giving korver for kwame we throw in vlad rad and take some noob off their hands.

lastly we should sign scottie pippen.

he could still hold his own in the post and im sure he can still shoot and we could sign him for the MLE or less cuz hes stated that he wants back in the NBA and obviously phil will be waiting for him

so here is the final situation

starters

Brevin Knight
Kobe
Lamar
Charlie Villanueva
Jamaal Magloire

backup

Mo Evans
Farmar-(he's not a playmaking pg but hed make a nice backup small sg)
Luke
Pippen
Bynum

bench

sasha-sg/sf
shammond-pg
cook-pf/sf
Ronny T-pf
cubicle BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #15
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

Just watch. Now Mitch will feel pressured to get a SG playing PG and of course, he"ll fail.
They always try with those kind of players.
Kareem Rush, Sasha, Wafer, Bobbitt, Pinnock, Profit etc. It just rarely ever works.
I miss Laron Profit though. He was good.

We"ll see.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: