Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2016, 02:52 AM   #1
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115
Default 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

thought i'd get this thing going since we're about a month away and the coaches poll came out today...

1. Alabama (55)
2. Clemson (7)
3. Oklahoma Sooners
4. Florida State (1)
5. Ohio State
6. LSU Tigers
7. Stanford Cardinal
8. Michigan
9. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
10. Tennessee (1)
11. Michigan State Spartans
12. Ole Miss Rebels
13. Houston
14. TCU Horned Frogs
15. Iowa Hawkeyes
16. Georgia Bulldogs
17. Southern California Trojans
18. Washington Huskies
19. Oklahoma State Cowboys
20. North Carolina Tar Heels
21. Baylor
22. Oregon Ducks
23. Louisville Cardinals
24. UCLA Bruins
25. Florida Gators

thoughts? a few that stand out to me

- stanford is overrated. i like them and their coach but they lost a lot of talent this past draft

- i think tennessee is ranked about right. will they finally not have a multiple loss imploding season? i really feel they can do some damage this year, possibly be the second best SEC team

- washington is severely underrated here. i give them a good chance of pulling out the PAC-12 title

- louisville is also ranked too low. they should be around where UNC is and i think they are actually better and should be around #15-18

- no texas A&M?

how is your team's schedule? expectations? thoughts on your conference?

fsu's opening schedule is brutal...toughest first six weeks in all of jimbo's tenure imo. obviously, playoff aspirations.



tbt to when derwin threw a 300 lb UF OL to the ground like a sack of potatoes.

PFF opines he could be the best defender in the nation: https://www.profootballfocus.com/col...in-the-nation/

first week starts off good too:

#1 bama vs #17 usc
#3 oklahoma vs #13 houston
#4 fsu vs #12 ole miss
#16 georgia vs #20 unc

gonna be a fun year. i really don't see any one dominant team. all the top teams have their weaknesses

Last edited by blacknapalm : 08-05-2016 at 03:07 AM.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 03:11 AM   #2
KiiiiNG
Undefeated
 
KiiiiNG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Yo head
Posts: 6,124
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Sooners' schedule is brutal. They should get a spot in the playoff with 2 losses.
KiiiiNG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:02 AM   #3
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
Sooners' schedule is brutal. They should get a spot in the playoff with 2 losses.

just looked at it, indeed.

i feel the same with fsu. we both face five top 25 teams and most of them early on too. fwiw, miami is ranked #26. @ miami with mark richt...those players may feel they have to prove something and to me, kaaya is the second best QB in the ACC. anyway, the toughest games for fsu i feel are clemson, @ louisville and ole miss. then miami & UNC. i feel we match up decently vs. UNC. NCST on the road isn't easy either.

who do you feel are your toughest opponents? i think ohio state might be slightly overrated. if they stopped that stupid 2 QB thing last season, i think they could have been better. losing zeke amongst some depth players is pretty huge though. tcu and baylor should be tough tests.

idk, maybe it's just me but really seems like the schedule makers made an effort to make earlier schedules more interesting/tougher. it would be a mistake to only tune into CFB in mid october/november this year. these first few weeks are going to be loadeddd. gonna be another fun year
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:49 PM   #4
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper
 
Bless Mathews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: the underground
Posts: 10,954
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Black napalm is the Kirk herbstreit of ish.



We (UW) are gonna win the pac 12.

It's our year to go back to the top !

Let's gooooooooo
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 11:59 PM   #5
KNOW1EDGE
OREGrOwN
 
KNOW1EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: 'murica
Posts: 4,757
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

This is the highest preseason coaches poll ranking UW has had since 2003 when they were 17. They were 7-6 last season. I'm not even sure why they are ranked higher than Oregon who went 9-4 last season.

It all shakes itself out in the end so none of this matters but it will be interesting to see how the pac 12 shapes up this season. I'm expecting Stanford to be the team to beat.

I like Oregon but that QB situation is a big question mark right now. A lot of talent at the skill positions tho
KNOW1EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 07:41 PM   #6
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,286
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Josh Rosen is about to destroy niggas as we run the table
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2016, 01:21 AM   #7
TheWinningFam
Top 2 fam
 
TheWinningFam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 1,518
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Tennessee gonna make the final 4 brehs u heard it here first
TheWinningFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 10:34 AM   #8
DukeDelonte13
Very good NBA starter
 
DukeDelonte13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 8,649
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

That week 3 Oklahoma Ohio State matchup should be fun.

Usually the Bucks are playing joke programs for their out of conference schedule with maybe 1 middling team. (played VT the past two seasons)

Having that game early in the season is a big plus for them because if they lose and close out the rest of the season they should be in the playoff.

This could be the year Michigan finally gets them. We shall see.
DukeDelonte13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2016, 07:43 PM   #9
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bless Mathews
Black napalm is the Kirk herbstreit of ish.



We (UW) are gonna win the pac 12.

It's our year to go back to the top !

Let's gooooooooo

shit, i wish i was like herbie. he knows his stuff. def one of my favs. F fowler, cannot stand that guy at times. herbie is the truth and usually balances out fowler for me. i know my noles tho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Josh Rosen is about to destroy niggas as we run the table

rosen is legit. i think pac-12 comes down to UW, stanford and ucla. usc IF they can live up to their potential will make some noise too. pac-12 is really hard for me to predict this year. i don't see any one dominant team but i'm gonna make it a point to check out the games. hard for me to see any one of those teams making the playoffs cuz i think u guys will snipe each other off with some unexpected loss along the way (i think utah can do that once or twice). better hope you don't lost more than one...should be interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWinningFam
Tennessee gonna make the final 4 brehs u heard it here first

no idea if this was meant as sarcasm or not lol. this is potentially the best vols team in years...but it's also the vols and they always seem to disappoint so idk. i will never bet on that team or butch davis in general, but they have the talent to finish really high.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
That week 3 Oklahoma Ohio State matchup should be fun.

Usually the Bucks are playing joke programs for their out of conference schedule with maybe 1 middling team. (played VT the past two seasons)

Having that game early in the season is a big plus for them because if they lose and close out the rest of the season they should be in the playoff.

This could be the year Michigan finally gets them. We shall see.

yep, i'm telling folks...these schedule makers really seemed to make top heavy games this season. these first six weeks are gonna be fire. teams about to drop and rise like crazy. then november will settle it all to see who is battle tested and improving, but you seriously can't miss these first six weeks. like i said, don't miss these first few weeks. there's some barn burners, especially the first three weeks and then some more salt, pepper and lime flavoring for the next three weeks.

i really don't feel michigan is there just yet. they are on the rise, but next year? watch out, especially if they pull out another great recruiting class.
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 01:10 PM   #10
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,966
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Yo, napalm. What do you see from the QB position at the Arizona schools. Both guys started out with a lot of promise and hope. Any chance either offensive unit is good enough to restore some of that?
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 08:15 PM   #11
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

i think arizona's QB is a lot better than ASU's. solomon is solid. ASU got a new offensive coordinator that should help out. they are also breaking in a new, young o-line so i don't see them being that good at all this year. lot of growing pains, signs of progress but ultimately a ton of mistakes you see from young o-line's and a below average QB
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2016, 11:22 PM   #12
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,286
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Anu Solomon is really good, and really underrated, though don't see him taking the next step. ASU is going to go through a ton of early issues, but I still see them taking the Territorial Cup.

As far as the P12 and the playoffs, yeah, it won't happen due to the parity in the league. Outside of the Beavers and the Buffaloes, there really isn't an easy win, and even then, I can see Colorado sneaking an upset in.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 02:52 AM   #13
blacknapalm
spider 2 y banana
 
blacknapalm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 4,115
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Anu Solomon is really good, and really underrated, though don't see him taking the next step. ASU is going to go through a ton of early issues, but I still see them taking the Territorial Cup.

As far as the P12 and the playoffs, yeah, it won't happen due to the parity in the league. Outside of the Beavers and the Buffaloes, there really isn't an easy win, and even then, I can see Colorado sneaking an upset in.

true. don't forget about sdsu. gonna do more of your write ups this year? not an easy first game vs. T A&M, but i think i'll favor ucla.

we are now 4 days away from opening weekend. let's get some more shit talking going in here. camps are now over. depth charts getting released. how do you feel about teams?

x-factors? impact freshmen?

fsu is mostly positive though we have a last second question mark at center. not sure why a true frosh is listed as second in the depth chart...makes me think something is wrong with eberle. fsu typically asks a lot of their centers, calling out defensive pickups and such. never mind the fact that physical maturity/strength comes into play.

jimbo has been really upbeat which is odd to see. he doesn't have a good poker face. if the team is practicing bad, he will flat out say they are. he's had to restart a practice or tow but he's been mostly positive throughout camp.

i could talk forever on this team so whatever. excited to say the least
blacknapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:26 PM   #14
Charlie Sheen
Local High School Star
 
Charlie Sheen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1,966
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
i think arizona's QB is a lot better than ASU's. solomon is solid. ASU got a new offensive coordinator that should help out. they are also breaking in a new, young o-line so i don't see them being that good at all this year. lot of growing pains, signs of progress but ultimately a ton of mistakes you see from young o-line's and a below average QB

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
Anu Solomon is really good, and really underrated, though don't see him taking the next step. ASU is going to go through a ton of early issues, but I still see them taking the Territorial Cup.

As far as the P12 and the playoffs, yeah, it won't happen due to the parity in the league. Outside of the Beavers and the Buffaloes, there really isn't an easy win, and even then, I can see Colorado sneaking an upset in.

Thanks for the replies guys I like Solomon too.

Spent some years working in AZ and still keep in touch with those friends once football season rolls around. They're mostly ASU guys and consensus among them is the talent they have at wr/rb is great enough to have success even behind bad OL performance. I'm assuming that means there's a level of awful and horrible beneath bad Dudes are really high on the skill positions. Could just be homer optimism so take that for what it's worth.
Charlie Sheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2016, 05:43 PM   #15
qrich
King Heno
 
qrich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Tucson/520!
Posts: 21,286
Default Re: 2016-2017 College Football Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknapalm
true. don't forget about sdsu. gonna do more of your write ups this year? not an easy first game vs. T A&M, but i think i'll favor ucla.

we are now 4 days away from opening weekend. let's get some more shit talking going in here. camps are now over. depth charts getting released. how do you feel about teams?

x-factors? impact freshmen?


I am if my schedule permits it.

The first game is going to be a doozy, but based off practices and us being relatively healthy, I can see Rosen going out there and having a huge performance.

Soso is going to be a surprise at the RB slot for us, love the dude.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie Sheen
Thanks for the replies guys I like Solomon too.

Spent some years working in AZ and still keep in touch with those friends once football season rolls around. They're mostly ASU guys and consensus among them is the talent they have at wr/rb is great enough to have success even behind bad OL performance. I'm assuming that means there's a level of awful and horrible beneath bad Dudes are really high on the skill positions. Could just be homer optimism so take that for what it's worth.

I might be at the UoA-BYU game, just makes me laugh that the crowd will probably be 70-30 BYU despite it being like a 2 hour drive from Tucson.
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:06 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook


















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy