Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Golden State Warriors Forum

Golden State Warriors Forum Golden State Warriors message board - warriors fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 01:33 PM   #1
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Default Fisher to Jazz for D Drown,K Mcload and A Owens

Guy what you think of this trade...it just went down and insidehoops reported it on there website
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:36 PM   #2
dak121
College superstar

Monta Ellis will get minutes now. That's already a win situation for the Warriors.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:42 PM   #3
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

It may be a "win situation" for the Warriors from the standpoint that Monta Ellis will get minutes and they dump Fish's salary, but this doesn't really help their team. Fish saved them a time or two when fatass Baron Davis wasn't playing.

Their point guard rotation consists of two guys that aren't point guards: Baron Davis and Monta Ellis. They already have two good (one good, one really good) shooting guards in J-Rich and Pietrus.

I guess they'll really have to utilize Keith McLeod then. I hope they cut Brown and/or Owens so the Rockets can pick up one and/or both.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:10 PM   #4
dak121
College superstar

But is Fisher really a PG? I always viewed him as a triangle point. Just a guy that can start plays and hit an open 3-pointer while not really distributing the ball. Monta Ellis is a young guy that makes things happen when he's on the court. Giving minutes to an NBDLer in Keith McLeod would be the typical Warriors thing to do. They need to play their young guys and have fun. It's not like their going to be contending for something next season.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 04:42 AM   #5
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

Default u gotta be kidding me

How can u trade D Fisher, While davis was out he was basically the only reason they still stayed anywhere near the playoff race. ofcourse beside J-rich. And what did u trade him for, absolute rubbish, Devin Brown, lol. The warriors shoulda really shyed away from any deal regarding there small men, and start on the big men. There goes the 2007 playoff hopes. But i still remain a Warriors fan for life. But Mullins was best for the Warriors when he was on the court, not in the boardroom.
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2006, 05:17 AM   #6
Bricklayer
Decent playground baller

Jazz fan here. I think you guys are gonna like Keith McLeod. He's no NBDLer... he belongs in the league. He plays with a lot of heart and smarts. He actually started a number of games for us and not because other guys were injured or whatever - but because he can play. If B-Diddy goes down with another injury (which is basically guaranteed) don't be surprised if McLeod starts a few games. A couple years ago, we let Mo Williams slip to Milwaukee where he blossomed. Hopefully we didn't screw up again letting McLeod go. Solid backup.
Bricklayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 02:49 AM   #7
GSW_Hoops
I Hit Open Layups

Rabs your trippen Mcleod is a decent back up and monta has unthinkable potention. plus the free cap room may lead to a big move for a big man. Mullin is no fool theres something brewing in that flat topped head of his. the off season is still young dont count the warriors out yet
GSW_Hoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 01:21 PM   #8
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

Coming from a utah fan. You guys aren't really getting much in this trade other then cap relief. Which is why I think you made the trade. Keith can have some good games and the same goes for devin. But Fisher will beneift us a lot more then those 3 players combined for you
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 10:17 PM   #9
HALLandOATES
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
Coming from a utah fan. You guys aren't really getting much in this trade other then cap relief. Which is why I think you made the trade. Keith can have some good games and the same goes for devin. But Fisher will beneift us a lot more then those 3 players combined for you

i don't know why the Warriors would of done this, they can find someone better for Fish
HALLandOATES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets

First and foremost he should report to the Jazz and take a physical for you guys to benifit from him. lets just say...keep our opinions till he reports to the jazz
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2006, 04:47 AM   #11
redneck
Can barely lace up my sneakers

I think you guys may have a decent player in Owens. he's a combo guard who showed sparks while with the Jazz, he just fell out of rotation right when the Jazz actually had a few weeks without to many injuries, than he got injured himself.

McLeod is a solid backup, nothing great but he'll be servicable.

Devin Brown is a piece of **** and you'll hate seeing him with the ball.
redneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
9spurs
Serious playground baller

The warriors did this just for Cap relief. Otherwise. they would of traded him to LA.
9spurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 11:20 AM   #13
wally_world
M0derator

3 for 1 almost retired piece of crap... YES!!!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 03:42 AM   #14
Rabs_One
I brick open layups

we gots rorted
Rabs_One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 06:14 AM   #15
warriors23
Banned

that was a pretty dumb move for the warriors
warriors23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: