Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 07-06-2006, 05:50 PM   #1
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far
Default A Look At Where We Stand Right Now

PG: Smush, Sasha
SG: Kobe, Evans, McKie
SF: Odom, Walton
PF: Radmanovic, Cook, Turiaf
C: Kwame, Mihm, Bynum

A brief look at where we are at.

We have too many bigs. If you take Cook and Mihm out, we'll need to bring in a player who can man both positions. Also, that will leave us with two young guys backing up Radman and Kwame. We need him to be an experienced player. This is why I like acquiring Melvin Ely.

McKie can be taken out of the picture. Smush or Sasha can step over the 2 spot. We can bring in a point guard (Pargo, Shammond, whatever) for the 1.7 mil exception. He doesn't have to start, but we'll need him for depth at least.

After that, we're pretty much set as far as our 12 man roster goes.

This is just my opinion.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:02 PM   #2
stigmataman
Can barely lace up my sneakers

stigmataman has an OK reputation so far

You forgot Farmar. I'm really high on this kid. I think he'll be starting by midseason and into the playoffs. Yeah, Phil doesn't like to play rooks, and he's a little turnover prone, and he needs to work on the J, and he needs to get stronger, but the dude can play. His defense is about NBA ready. He has good athleticism (42 inch vertical leap), and he has great basketball iq. I really don't like the Vlad Rad signing, especially for that length of time and for that amount of cash. He can shoot, yes, but his D leaves a lot to be desired. Also, he's going to want to start, and that means LO's going to have to spend most of his time at the 4. I don't know how this team's looking. I just wished that Mitch Kupcake would have done something else to make this team not so Kobe-reliant.
stigmataman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #3
traditionone

I did forget Farmar.

All that means is that if the Lakers get a veteran PG, Smush or Sasha will have to go, depending on who has more upside. IMO, Sasha should stay. Smush is great trade bait. Farmar is the point guard of the future.
Old 07-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch has an OK reputation so far

we should keep smush cuz hes tight and sasha is a pesty defender just look how he pissed steve nash off in the playoffs nether should go we should just try and see if anyone is willing to take mckie's contract if hes not healthy but if he is then we dont need anyone
Mr. Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 06:59 PM   #5
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Rad plays at the 3 position, not the 4 where you have him listed and Odom will play at the 4. You have them reversed.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #6
traditionone

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
Rad plays at the 3 position, not the 4 where you have him listed and Odom will play at the 4. You have them reversed.

In this lineup, it's really interchangeable. It doesn't change anything though.
Old 07-06-2006, 07:06 PM   #7
Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch has an OK reputation so far

both of them are pretty much the same size odom is 6'10 and same with vlade and i actually think vlade weighs more then odom does plus if we play odom at the 3 he can post up small forwards and vlad can draw the 4's to the peremiter which would make it easier on kobe to drive and not take the wild and very low % jump shots that he has
Mr. Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:20 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
In this lineup, it's really interchangeable. It doesn't change anything though.

Offensively, you are correct... defensively, you are incorrect.
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 01:16 AM   #9
lakers4life
I airball my layups

lakers4life has an OK reputation so far
Default where we're at

Quote:
Originally Posted by traditionone
PG: Smush, Sasha
SG: Kobe, Evans, McKie
SF: Odom, Walton
PF: Radmanovic, Cook, Turiaf
C: Kwame, Mihm, Bynum

A brief look at where we are at.

We have too many bigs. If you take Cook and Mihm out, we'll need to bring in a player who can man both positions. Also, that will leave us with two young guys backing up Radman and Kwame. We need him to be an experienced player. This is why I like acquiring Melvin Ely.

McKie can be taken out of the picture. Smush or Sasha can step over the 2 spot. We can bring in a point guard (Pargo, Shammond, whatever) for the 1.7 mil exception. He doesn't have to start, but we'll need him for depth at least.

After that, we're pretty much set as far as our 12 man roster goes.

This is just my opinion.

i like ely, i wouldnt be upset if we acquired him. how about if we do 2 sign and trades. first trade chris mihm and a draft pick to minnesota for marcus banks. and second trade cook, smush parker, and devean george (we are going to lose george anyway) to seattle for chris wilcox. (he still has a home in la when he played for the clips) of course george has to agree for the sign and trade but we can always include players like mkie and von wafer in the deal since they have expiring contracts and seattle is having financial issues now so they might go for it....imagine this starting five...kobe sg, marcus banks pg, lamar odom sf, chris wilcox pf, kwame brown c, and you have rad, luke walton, andrew bynum, r turiaf, sasha, coming off the bench. not too bad a rebuilding job after a couple years.
lakers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 02:01 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Lamar is a better rebounder so on Defense I would Keep in down low at the 4 and on offense they can both switch up. Thats the beauty of our lineup.

But the only problem on D is that we might expect radman to gaurd smaller guys, hes a 6'10'' guy that would be bad for us
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: