Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-18-2007, 09:02 PM   #31
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Important NOTICE: Mainstream Media spin has gone out of control

What the hell is "polling report".com?

I'd trust MSNBC, ABC, and even FOX's own poll showing high support for Paul over that obscure sh*t.

You're scrambling now. Got anything else?

Every major poll has shown Ron Paul has dominated the debates. It's retarded to think he has less than 1% support now unless you're mentally unstable.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:08 PM   #32
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Just in case you didn't see it:

XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:21 PM   #33
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

he's talking about weed, not hard drugs. pot addicts don't hurt anybody. or at least they wouldn't if it was legal. they don't get violent over their addiction but the cost of policing marijuana and keeping it in the black market still hurts people by wasting money and contributing to crime.

there is a clash of civilizations. to me its islamic fundamentalism in all forms vs. modern western society. not all islam is fundamentalist obviously.

eliminating these "resources" of desperate youth isn't happening right now. you said we were giving them a chance for a better life. How so?

Last edited by final.wrath : 05-18-2007 at 09:30 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 11:40 PM   #34
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
he's talking about weed, not hard drugs. pot addicts don't hurt anybody. or at least they wouldn't if it was legal. they don't get violent over their addiction but the cost of policing marijuana and keeping it in the black market still hurts people by wasting money and contributing to crime.

there is a clash of civilizations. to me its islamic fundamentalism in all forms vs. modern western society. not all islam is fundamentalist obviously.

eliminating these "resources" of desperate youth isn't happening right now. you said we were giving them a chance for a better life. How so?

legalize the mota!

since we gotta beer clappin icon... That'd be tight if we could get two emoticons passin some doobage back in forth.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:35 PM   #35
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Heilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation hereHeilige has an incredible reputation here

[quote=Zombles]Where did I deny any of that being an influence? Nice ad hominem attack to close it up there by the way, how wonderfully Conservative of you.

For the record, I do doubt that 9/11 happens without our unrelenting support of Israel, troops stationed in Saudi Arabian holy land, or our interventions in the Middle East, sans the 1st Gulf War. This was also the only intervention that we actually had International support for. What a wonderful coincidence.

Quote:
Bam, that's the answer right there. Terrorists are made, not born. By going into Iraq we have created countless more "resources". These hopeless, angry, impoverished, ignorant youth that are preyed upon by the Islamic Extremists. Molding them into the next batch of suicide bombers and terrorists that believe fighting against us or Israel is akin to resisting the Nazis.

Give hope to Iraqis? It was a good idea on paper, and I was originally pro-war just to depose of Saddam Hussein, but the Bush administration has so catastrophically bungled the handling of the war that many Iraqis are worse off today than they were before. There is no end in sight. While a little progress is being made the killings are as rampant as ever, and if (when) we pull out I fail to see how Iraq will do anything other then dissolve into a spiraling mess of anarchy and violence. That is, more so than it is now.

Lame terrorist apologist propganda. Thanks for the al Qaeda take on the Iraq war.

Quote:
Islamic Fundamentalists, particularly Imams and Teachers (one and the same in much of the Middle East), spread their fear-mongering hate-based faith much as Christian Fundamentalists do throughout the South and Midwest in America. Ours is a lesser version. Don't kill gays, just deny them civil rights and accept that they'll burn in hell for all eternity.

But hey, we canít really go into Saudi Arabia and kill tens of thousands of their Holy men for extremist teachings. We can help improve their standard of living and exposure to Western culture. It is again a wonderful coincidence that Egypt, one of the Middle Eastern Nations we most support economically and one with among the highest standards of living, has turned into one of the more moderate Middle Eastern Nations despite having a history of being the most aggressively anti-Israeli and pro-Arab coalition.

I won't bother replying to the rest of your post because you come off as preachy + pretentious but also because I agree with you in many areas. I find it amusing that you assume to know every one of my ideas on foreign policy from a couple of sentences that were more about a presidential candidate then the Middle East.

Thanks. You just compared terrorists to my pastor. Good job, idiot. Not only are you now a terrorist scumbag apologist, you yourself are now a scumbag, lying, worthless, hate monger. Christians are no better than terrorists, huh? The only people that think that have no objective standard by which they evaluate morality...which also explain why you think Qutb was alright.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: