Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Who is going to score for the Bulls this year?

Why does everyone keep asking this question? Here is what I figure the year will turn out like:

Gordon - 18
Hinrich - 16
Nocioni - 15
Deng - 14
Duhon - 8
Sweetney - 7
Wallace - 7
Allen - 4
Thomas - 4
Sefolosha - 3
Chandler's replacement - 5
Total = 101/game a reasonable improvement over the 97.8 from last year.

Factor in Wallace/Thomas/Sefolosha/another year for Gordon, and we should be able to cut down on our points given up. Last year, we gave up 101.3/game, and I think we should easily be able to get down under 100/game.

Does this seem reasonable?
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:12 PM   #2
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Talking

My guess is that we start Deng or Nocioni at the 4 and run the hell out of the ball. With Big Ben outrunning opposing centers for dunks are starting 5 will be nasty offensively. I think with 4 guys getting over 15 a game plus Wallace running the floor for easy dunks the Bulls will be averaging over 100 a game and will be atleast top 10 offensively. The defense will be absolutely disgusting too.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #3
mikelooper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

mikelooper has an OK reputation so far
Default This is a tough One

It all depends on How Skile runs the Squad offensively. At times skile seems as though he is lost in his offensive playbook and may make a questionable call here and there. But think :
Gordon will average around 20pts
Kirk will avg about 15pts
Deng- 12-15pts
Nocioni- 12-15pts
Ben W- around 10 pts
Tyrus- 10-13pts
Thabo- around 10 pts
Players 8-13 combined avg- 5 pts

This is if Skiles pushes the tempo a little more and if we use our defense to score off of turnovers!
mikelooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:36 PM   #4
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far

i think it will all be leveled out like the past couple of years because they have a team mindset
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:27 AM   #5
bWoyWonda

bWoyWonda has an OK reputation so far

i honestly have to say...Bulls are stacked now just like Miami but just not as good but i know the bulls are gonna do good this year
bWoyWonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 03:37 AM   #6
Raildog
I airball my layups

Raildog has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bWoyWonda
i honestly have to say...Bulls are stacked now just like Miami but just not as good but

they have room to improve though... something i cant see miami doing!
Raildog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #7
WADE MONEY
I hit open jumpers.

WADE MONEY has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
My guess is that we start Deng or Nocioni at the 4 and run the hell out of the ball. With Big Ben outrunning opposing centers for dunks are starting 5 will be nasty offensively. I think with 4 guys getting over 15 a game plus Wallace running the floor for easy dunks the Bulls will be averaging over 100 a game and will be atleast top 10 offensively. The defense will be absolutely disgusting too.

good point but deng will be abused in the point and nocioni also to a lesser extent. Maybe wallace can pull a bill russell and guard two people at once?
WADE MONEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 04:28 PM   #8
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

emsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation hereemsteez forreal has an incredible reputation here

i'm gonna pretend you guys just forgot about JR Smith here. actually idk, we are keeping him right? anyway, JR Smith is coming back with a vengeance after a 7.7 PPG season where he only played 55 games.. this dude is a beast dunker and will get some open lane when wallace and thomas clear it out for him. 10.5 PPG for JR, and who said 3 points for thabo? are you serious? 10 PPG (at least) for thabo, i mean he did just score 16 points against the pacers in the summer league. (yes, i know, summer league) gordon top scorer though, hinrich and tyrus behind him in scoring.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2006, 05:12 PM   #9
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsteez forreal
i'm gonna pretend you guys just forgot about JR Smith here. actually idk, we are keeping him right? anyway, JR Smith is coming back with a vengeance after a 7.7 PPG season where he only played 55 games.. this dude is a beast dunker and will get some open lane when wallace and thomas clear it out for him. 10.5 PPG for JR, and who said 3 points for thabo? are you serious? 10 PPG (at least) for thabo, i mean he did just score 16 points against the pacers in the summer league. (yes, i know, summer league) gordon top scorer though, hinrich and tyrus behind him in scoring.

If you are saying that JR is gonna get enough playing time for 10.5/game, then there is no way Thabo is gonna get enough pt for 10/game. Our backcourt was crowded before JR came in the trade. One of them will get nowhere close to 10, and I think it will be Smith. I do like his skills, but I just can't see us keeping him and playing him 15 minutes a night. I expect him to be traded or sent to the NBDL for a year. If he lights that up, then he will have even more trade value, or we might trade someone else and keep him on the team, you never know.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:09 AM   #10
incxpinoy
Kids at the park dunk on me

incxpinoy has an OK reputation so far

Thabo really really impressed me in game 2 of summer league. He a great slasher and has a point guard feel to his game. He can hit an open shot and it a damn good defender. He shut down morrison in the 2nd half.
incxpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 05:14 PM   #11
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
good point but deng will be abused in the point and nocioni also to a lesser extent. Maybe wallace can pull a bill russell and guard two people at once?

Deng is almost the same size as Haslem, I think he will manage. If you have a great defensive center you can afford to be undersized. Also we will have to play them together since both are going to command atleast 28 minutes each.

Also imagine what we could do to teams on the break with that lineup
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2006, 04:06 PM   #12
CVMerlot954

CVMerlot954 has an OK reputation so far

Before the Bulls signed Ben Wallace, I knew their defense was going to improve. But last season, all they needed was a consistent, proven scorer. An all-star caliber player, to be the focus of their offense. BG was great for 4th quarter, but his liability on defense got him benched a lot. Their defense this upcoming season, is going to be great. A lot of low scoring games. Ugly games. But they're gonna be feisty on the defensive end.

I really hope they get Al Harrington. He's the low post scorer they were missing after trading Curry. PJ Brown is not an offensive threat at the post. Nor is Chandler. They've got a lot guards and swingmen. I'm concerned about their power rotation. I won't be surprised if the end up in the Eastern finals, but as they get deeper into the playoffs, they're gonna have to defend the bigs from Cleveland, Miami, and maybe Orlando in the first round. Those teams have a good power rotation.

I think the Bulls might trade Ben Gordon for a reliable big men. But in this league, there's so few. Next years draft class will be loaded with centers and power forwards. Or trade him and JR for a proven 20-point scorer. Like Larry Hughes or someone of that type. It would be an improvement for the Bulls. But I don't think the Cavs would trade Hughes, til they get a full season from him and Lebron together.

From the reports and analysis of Thabo I've read, I think he can output the some decent points for a rookie. He's not going to be as much as an offensive threat as BG. But Skiles is a defense first kind of coach. BG would be perfect in a system like the Suns or what the Raptors are trying to build, as a backup player. If BG defense doesn't improve or become a assist-man, I don't ever foresee him becoming a starter on any team. Well, maybe a few teams would start him, such as the Blazers and Cavs. Hawks, but they've got Salim.

BG, if traded to a lower seed for future draft, will be missed for his 4th quarter heroics. He's Mr 4th Quarter. When he struggled offensively, Skiles put him on the bench, only because his defensive wasn't up-to-par. With the improvements of Deng and Andres, BG will get less minutes. I love Andres game. He plays with heart. Passion. Toughness. Smarts. I just love his game. He's not fast, but deceptively quick. Shoots the 3ball. He should average 30+ minutes this upcoming season.

With so much defensive minded players, keeping BG would be good for the Bulls. Especially for the 4th quarter. But BG want starter-type minutes. Skiles wants defense. I don't know how this will end up next summer. Possible trade, if BG can't handle being a role player, on a team filled with role players. He's the best offensive weapon, and weakest defensive link.
CVMerlot954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2006, 02:23 PM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bumping this so I don't have to keep searching for it on the second page when I need to post it on other threads.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:54 PM   #14
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
Gordon - 18
Hinrich - 16
Nocioni - 15
Deng - 14
Duhon - 8
Sweetney - 7
Wallace - 7
Allen - 4
Thomas - 4
Sefolosha - 3
Chandler's replacement - 5
Total = 101/game a reasonable improvement over the 97.8 from last year.

Does this seem reasonable?
are you counting on like 10 guys playing every night?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2006, 08:22 AM   #15
vmdv12
Kids at the park dunk on me

vmdv12 has an OK reputation so far

I'm now realizing that many people that post on here really don't know what they are talking about. The probably don't even watch many Bulls games. They just read the paper and believe everything they read. Last year the Chicago Bulls averaged more points per game than CLEVELAND, NEW JERSEY, L.A. CLIPPERS, DETROIT, SAN ANTONIO AND...many other teams. Having said that....why do so many people ask who is going to score for them???? They are a balanced team that relies on NO ONE! Cleveland has 2 good options to score with and a decent third one. We have Gordon, Hinrich, Deng and Nocioni on a consistent basis...and at different positions! Enjoy the season people..and quit believing everything you read. Don't even believe this post. Go to NBA.com and check out the team average for yourself! You'll see the Bulls scored over 100 points in 37 games. This year they'll have more to adjust to the new guys. Oh, and Gordon is in fact a starter who gets starters minutes. I can't believe I had to clarify that. He gets over 30 minutes a game during the regular season and over 40 minutes a game in the playoffs. GO BULLS!!!!
vmdv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: