Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-18-2007, 04:11 AM   #1
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far
Default MY offseason plan

Forget about the eagerness Kobe had after being eliminated in the first round. We were not healthy, but with all players in good conditions, we would have been not that far away.
We need to improve at the PG and C spot, especially in terms of experience, but Kobe-Walton-Odom are a hell of a trio that only need defense and consitence in the other 2 spots (and some bench help, too).
So I suggest:
- Re-sign Walton to approx 4 M a year (it'a must in the triangle)
- Re sign Mihm for the minimum
- Sign Magloire for the MLE (he's the perfect veteran to be Bynum's tutor)
- Trade Kwame, Cook and our pick to Boston for Del. West (perfect triangle PG) and Szczerbiak (scoring 6th man for us)

We end up with:

West / Farmar
Kobe / Evans
Walton / Szczerbiak
Odom / Radmanovic
Magloire / Bynum / Mihm

IMO this is a great team that will get only better with time and can fight with Suns, Spurs and everyone else from day 1.

What do you think?
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 06:57 AM   #2
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: MY offseason plan

OMG to believe that there are still people who blame it all on injuries. Amazing.
Yeah, you keep the core. You do so. Then lose Kobe. It's all good.

Kobe isn't blind like you folks and some people in the Lakers org. They do this to him one more time and not only should he ask out but he should play them like little monkeys in the process of doing so.

If they despite his requests and all that keep this team and just a piece or two like they always do then I pray he's outta here. That would be ****ing terrible.
But knowing the Lakers org, that just might happen but thank God, Kobe won't tolerate it anymore.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 07:06 AM   #3
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

We roll with that and I guarantee Kobe is gone.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneWay
OMG to believe that there are still people who blame it all on injuries. Amazing.
Yeah, you keep the core. You do so. Then lose Kobe. It's all good.

Kobe isn't blind like you folks and some people in the Lakers org. They do this to him one more time and not only should he ask out but he should play them like little monkeys in the process of doing so.

Poor Kobe! He's not playng alongside Kidd, Lebron, Garnett and Stoudamire.
And he needs such help to win, because he's so UNcapable of bringing a team by himself, that at least two other all-stars are required.
When we will get back to reality and understand that great teams are made by one supertar and some average-good palyers that turn out to be very good in the right system, we will understand that making trades such as Odom+Bynum for JO will only destroy the future AND the present of the LAL.
And beside that, once you get your second (problematic) superstar, the rest of the team is pure crap and will not go anywhere.
But keep on dreaming, probably Buss or the spirit of Jerry West will land Kidd AND Duncan for you, without giving away any player.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #5
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Are you an idiot? You don't really need to answer, it's a rhetorical question.

Your team ****in blows. So many soft players. Walton-Wally, Odom-Radmanovic - Magloire-Bynum-Mihm. None of them is really known for defense. Our team would be worse than now when it comes to defense which is kind of hard to top but your team would certainly give them a run for their money.

And Wally also makes like $12 mill. a year. He's also one of the most injury prone players in the league.

The rest, I don't even need to adress the rest because you obviously have no clue. All good teams have 2 or 3 all stars. We have 1.

I'm all for getting depth but in the end, it's that star powers that counts most of the time. You don't like it, fine.

You're one of those folks who want to keep this precious core together no matter what but guess what, with this core, you're doomed. First round exists and struggle to make the playoffs year after year. The Lakers have no core but Kobe, get that through your thick skull.

But go right ahead with your proposals, like your idiocy hasn't already been exposed.

Last edited by OneWay : 05-18-2007 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-18-2007, 09:42 AM   #6
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
Are you an idiot? You don't really need to answer, it's a rhetorical question.
But go right ahead with your proposals, like your idiocy hasn't already been exposed.

The only 1 thing that has been exposed is your sheer bad manners.
You seem to have no plan but complaining that Kobe has no superstar around, but you're really ready to rudly criticize others' proposals.
You seem unable to accept other people have a different opinion, so please realize a forum is not a place you should be in.
Otherwise, please go on and show yourself further: people will have fun looking at how low you can get in your trash talking.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:23 PM   #7
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

Waah waah, waaah. Okay you're somewhat right. I apologize for being rude but the reason why I have no plans is because I'm not the Lakers org, I don't know what's on the table and what isn't and making those plans seems pointless to me.

Like I've already said, I want a star player. Somehow, anyhow.
I've listed also who I want with the MLE.
I'd prefer best players available with draft picks assuming they keep them.

That's it for me. Change the dynamics of the team, go athletic, defensive and talented.

We seriously lack in the talent department and that's what we need...badly.

As for plans, I could come up with a couple but don't really see a point.
Old 05-18-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark
You seem to have no plan but complaining that Kobe has no superstar around, but you're really ready to rudly criticize others' proposals.

To tell you the truth though,

Noone wins "by themself". It cannot be done!!

Jordan had superstar pippen, Duncan has Elite PG Parker and Ginobli, The pistons dont have superstars but they have top of the line players in every position.

Phoenix suns have 3 stars and 2 of them are superstars and they can't even win!!!

Kobe has lamar which is nice and all but we won't win like that shark.

if we don't get some elite help then we wont become an elite team, resulting in losing the greatest scorer in NBA history. Would you like to see that?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #9
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Forget about the eagerness Kobe had after being eliminated in the first round. We were not healthy, but with all players in good conditions, we would have been not that far away.
We need to improve at the PG and C spot, especially in terms of experience, but Kobe-Walton-Odom are a hell of a trio that only need defense and consitence in the other 2 spots (and some bench help, too).
So I suggest:
- Trade Kwame, Cook and our pick to Boston for Del. West (perfect triangle PG) and Szczerbiak (scoring 6th man for us)

We end up with:

West / Farmar
Kobe / Evans
Walton / Szczerbiak
Odom / Radmanovic
Magloire / Bynum / Mihm

IMO this is a great team that will get only better with time and can fight with Suns, Spurs and everyone else from day 1.

What do you think?

Despite how others might rudely react to your proposal, I appreciate the effort. Clearly, your proposed team would be superior to our existing squad. DWest is a solid PG who is known for D (regardless, a vast upgrade over Smush). Second, Wally is a lights-out pure shooter. Unlike EVERY perimeter player we have, Wally WOULD hit the J as the ball is swung around. Clear upgrade over Walton's spotty shooting, but Wally has been injured and he is not the passer/rebounder that Walton is. Most importantly, we achieve those upgrades without giving up anything meaningful.

Summary, a) I don't think Boston would do it and b) perhaps Kwame's contract is better expended elsewhere.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 09:50 PM   #10
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

Whats the problem? Thats what Mitch Kupchak thinks too!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:47 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

with this proposed Lineup by Shark we have possibly one of the worst defensive teams. I mean, Wally backing up Walton which gives Matt Carrol a much easier night again to go off on us like the 2 times he did against us this year.

Then Vladimir playing power Forward and then Backing up Odom, Bynum who happens to be a horrible pick N roll defender backing up magloire who is very average at defending.

Delonte is a nice guard but him alone isn't the answer. Especially since you have Farmar backing him up who often looks very confused on defense.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 10:46 AM   #12
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
So I suggest:

We end up with:

West / Farmar
Kobe / Evans
Walton / Szczerbiak
Odom / Radmanovic
Magloire / Bynum / Mihm

What do you think?

NO NO NO. Like the other guy said, Szcxerbiak is a prone injury player. Resigning Mihm is a bad idea, especially when he didn't play in 2006-2007 season. Kobe will go nuts if we don't get at least a Potential all star. Its bad enough that we had to give up Caron.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:34 PM   #13
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
To tell you the truth though,

Noone wins "by themself". It cannot be done!!

Jordan had superstar pippen, Duncan has Elite PG Parker and Ginobli, The pistons dont have superstars but they have top of the line players in every position.

Phoenix suns have 3 stars and 2 of them are superstars and they can't even win!!!

Kobe has lamar which is nice and all but we won't win like that shark.

if we don't get some elite help then we wont become an elite team, resulting in losing the greatest scorer in NBA history. Would you like to see that?

thank you.
nobody wins by themselves.
did jordan not have pippen and rodman?
i mean kobe has lamar. LAMAR is a studd...
they should keep bynum. ok lets you trade bynum and odom for kg,j.o,gasol.
ohkay. the problem is now you have a lot of holes in our system(offense+deffense) trading a guy who runs the offense(brings ball up,passes and gets guys shots,leads team in assists, 2nd in scoring) and achors our d(leads us in rebounding(easily)and doesnt ever give up on d,moves feet,contests shots,weakside help) you name it. Lamar is mr glue guy. And all this he does after coming into camp outa shape, injured and loosing his son. Give him a break. you give him up for a KG,J.O.,Gasol.
ok. guys who are 1st options on his own team.(ALL 3 DID NOT MAKE PLAYOFFS) the only guy who rebounded better than lamar was KG. But lamar rebounds better than Gasol and J.O.By the way KG only averages about 6 more points than lamar, Gasol 5, and J.O. 3. Keep in mind LAMAR is a second option behind KOBE(BEST IN LEAGUE) and is our play maker. what im trying to say is trading lamar will give us more holes when we bring in another guy to fill in some holes.especially when we want to trade kwame and Bynum. Thos guys are young. They play D. They got big bodys. give them time. We arent that far away. Regardless of what others say. We arent really one great superstar away(just another great player) tho if we got a KG/J.o,Gasol that would just make us the best team in the league. EASY.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 02:36 PM   #14
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

OH NO!
wally....are you kidding me?
boy is getting paid. When is the last time you heard of him???
man that guy is always injured. Even when he is healthy, he wasnt all that great to begin with.
that celtics deal is horrible. especially since we loose our pick.
i wouldnt trade kwame for wally. thats horrible.
some say another teams trash is anothers gold.(kwame will be)
wally is going to be trash all over again.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:00 AM   #15
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
Waah waah, waaah. Okay you're somewhat right. I apologize for being rude.

No problem, but I don't like too aggressive posters, especially when I don't know them very well.

Quote:
Like I've already said, I want a star player. Somehow, anyhow.

But I want a star player too! But we have no big expirer or a great pick to trade to a team like Memphis, so we have to give up grat talend (Odom/Bynum) to have big talent back. But that will put us in the same position we are right now, possibly worse as WE are forced to make the deal, and other teams will have the better part of it.

Quote:
That's it for me. Change the dynamics of the team, go athletic, defensive and talented.

That's easy to say but not as easy to do. My guess is our best chance is NOT to give away Bynum/Odom, but to take some risks on injuried players/headcases with low risk/high reward deals.
IMO that's our best chance to get the missing pieces (and don't forget that Bynum and Farmar will be a lot better next year!).
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: