Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-21-2007, 04:27 AM   #16
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: MY offseason plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
OH NO!
wally....are you kidding me?
boy is getting paid. When is the last time you heard of him???
man that guy is always injured. Even when he is healthy, he wasnt all that great to begin with.

Of course I know. But the target here is West, IMO a really good fit at the PG spot in the triangle.
We do a favor to the Celtic by taking Wally, and that's why they could think about this trade.
And then, if he should be the 6th man, it's not so important if he's injury prone and he's certainly capable of scoring off the bench, something we need.
Finally, he has only 2 years left: next year he will be a big expirer and that's a good asset to have.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:32 AM   #17
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
To tell you the truth though,
Kobe has lamar which is nice and all but we won't win like that shark.
if we don't get some elite help then we wont become an elite team, resulting in losing the greatest scorer in NBA history. Would you like to see that?

Of course not. But how can we get an elite help without giving away at least our 2nd-3rd best players? And in doing that, are we sure we get really better?
Please consider we have no interesting expirers or high draft pick to give, so we can only give away good players (or Bynum, who's not making enough salary to land an elite player alone).
So what? IMO the only possible thing to do is to take some risks, to try with players now underappreciated and turn them in the right complementary pieces to Kobe, without giving away Odom (too good) or Bynum (difficult to have veteran talent back).
Old 05-21-2007, 04:41 AM   #18
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Summary, a) I don't think Boston would do it and b) perhaps Kwame's contract is better expended elsewhere.

Thanks for your support, you got my point.
As for your legitimate objections, I think:
a) Boston may be interested in unloading Wally, as he's overpaid and they want to make room to resign up-and-coming players such as Big Al and G. Green to complement Pierce. Keep in mind that they also have a good T. Allen back next year, so they really don't need another SG/SF in Wally.
Plus, they get a defensive big (Kwame), useful to give Jefferson some rest on the defensive end and a big outside shooter in Cook, a player they said they needed when Lafraenz was traded and they tried Pittsnogle that proved to be really crap.

b) I hope you're right, but to me it's not bad if Kwame (+ Cook that's useless to us) turns into our starting PG and a scoring 6th man off the bench. Any other ideas?
Old 05-21-2007, 04:54 AM   #19
Shark
I hit open layups

Quote:
with this proposed Lineup by Shark we have possibly one of the worst defensive teams. I mean, Wally backing up Walton which gives Matt Carrol a much easier night again to go off on us like the 2 times he did against us this year.

You're right, but still we have the chance to play Evans and West is a good and versatile defender (a big point guard or a small SG).

Quote:
Then Vladimir playing power Forward and then Backing up Odom,

Well, that's what we have right now. We can play Turiaf anyway as Odom backup, or trade Vladimir, but I don't see any team willing to take him.

Quote:
Bynum who happens to be a horrible pick N roll defender backing up magloire who is very average at defending.

Magloire is not bad in the defensive end, and for Bynum... again he's already with us and will be a lot better next year: he's just 20 and his learning curve is obviously on the rise. If Mihm recovers from injury, he can eat Bynum's minutes in case he's not ready. Or we can play Turiaf some C as we did this year, especially against smaller centers.

Quote:
Delonte is a nice guard but him alone isn't the answer. Especially since you have Farmar backing him up who often looks very confused on defense.

Well but it's really normal for rookies! Sophomores are a lot better on defense, this is a general rule.
Farmar was the leader of a really good defensive team in college, he can easly be an average defensive player at NBA level.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: