Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-05-2006, 05:07 PM   #1
CP_Hornet
Serious playground baller

CP_Hornet has a bad reputationCP_Hornet has a bad reputationCP_Hornet has a bad reputation
Default Tyson Chandler traded to Hornets for PJ Brown and JR Smith

The Chicago Bulls and New Orleans/Oklahoma City Hornets on Wednesday reached a verbal agreement on the widely expected trade that will send Bulls center Tyson Chandler to the Hornets for veteran forward P.J. Brown and swingman J.R. Smith.

NBA front-office sources told ESPN.com that the players involved have been notified that the deal will officially go through July 12, which is the first day NBA teams can officially complete signings and trades after the league announces the salary cap for the 2006-07 season.

The ability to deal away Chandler, who has five years and $54 million left on his contract, was crucial for the Bulls in their pursuit of Ben Wallace. They likely couldn't have offered Wallace as much as they did -- nearly $60 million over four years -- without receiving Brown's much friendlier contract in return.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2510218
CP_Hornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:17 PM   #2
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

i honestly think the key here is that the bulls got jr smith. he had problems in NO, but he's got talent...something the bulls seem to be stocking up on.
i seen hippos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #3
HHT Music
Can barely lace up my sneakers

HHT Music has an OK reputation so far
Default Don't Like This Trade

This trade is OK but I really felt that the Bulls should have tried to get Wilcox who is young and averaged more than 14 per last year with Seattle. I know they were concerned with getting Tyson's remaining years off the books but I think that they could've gotten more than Brown who is at the end of his career and Smith who has never progressed in the NBA. Now we'll have to just see what happens and none the less I am glad that Tyson is gone. He didn't deserve no 60 million anyway. Do you think we are done making deals or will we still try to get a bigger veteran scoring guard?
HHT Music is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:19 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
i honestly think the key here is that the bulls got jr smith. he had problems in NO, but he's got talent...something the bulls seem to be stocking up on.

Stocking up on for what? And what talent does he have? Being athletic enough to dunk? Or will he pull a Ricky Davis on us ie Hornets, Heat then boom he shows worth!
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:21 PM   #5
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

im sayin it right now. i've always liked JR smith's game, hes gonna be a big time player. bulls are lookin better and better everyday
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #6
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HHT Music
This trade is OK but I really felt that the Bulls should have tried to get Wilcox who is young and averaged more than 14 per last year with Seattle. I know they were concerned with getting Tyson's remaining years off the books but I think that they could've gotten more than Brown who is at the end of his career and Smith who has never progressed in the NBA. Now we'll have to just see what happens and none the less I am glad that Tyson is gone. He didn't deserve no 60 million anyway. Do you think we are done making deals or will we still try to get a bigger veteran scoring guard?

Thats the point PJ Brown while at the end is still solid. He helped the Hornets last season. Also doesnt his deal come off the book at the seasons end? You then take the cap space created from the trade and sign a better talent in free agency. Chicago is gonna be a hot spot for players wanting to win.

You get Wilcox and what happens to Tyrus Thomas? Wilcox will want to get paid. You cant toss him the bucks then expect your high draft pick to progress with a guy in front of him making made money. Eh
Old 07-05-2006, 05:22 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
im sayin it right now. i've always liked JR smith's game, hes gonna be a big time player. bulls are lookin better and better everyday

Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Ben Gordan. Now tell me where JR Smith fits?
Old 07-05-2006, 05:25 PM   #8
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

i seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteri seen hippos is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

gobb has to much energy right now.

run on a treadmill or something....holy sh!t.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #9
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

JR Smith will never last on a Scott Skiles team.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:27 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
gobb has to much energy right now.

run on a treadmill or something....holy sh!t.

I'm talking basketball...you know the thing people say I dont do, some even saying I dont do enough of. So the next time those idiots come at me about not talkin, never talkin or hardly talkin bball. You have some balls and defend me.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #11
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

in your blind rage, gobb, you stated smith has no talent, you asked why chicago would be stocking up on talent and you asked where a young talent (obviously not in your mind) could fit in chicago.

that's silly.
Old 07-05-2006, 05:30 PM   #12
hotsizzle
Superstar

hotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation herehotsizzle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Ben Gordan. Now tell me where JR Smith fits?

duhon most likely will be traded. jr smith will somehow get some minutes and show everyone what hes capable of
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:33 PM   #13
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
duhon most likely will be traded. jr smith will somehow get some minutes and show everyone what hes capable of

Send Duhon and Sweetney to the Hawks for a large trade exception.

The Hawks get another point guard alongside Claxton, plus a backup power forward.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:35 PM   #14
FPower
Local High School Star

FPower has decent reputation

This by no means ends the Bulls KG dreams, either. In fact, it may assist them. PJ's a big EXPIRING contract, which is what the wolves will want if they decide to rebuild. Tyson's giant contract may have been unappealing to Minnesota, but if KG gets restless during the year, Chicago will have:

1) A big expiring deal
2) Young talent
3) Draft picks
4) Ability to take on bad contracts (Hudson)

I can't believe how quickly Chicago's future has skyrocketed past Detroit's.
FPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:36 PM   #15
i seen hippos
NBA Superstar

FPower just helped you out a little bit, gobb.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: