Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-05-2006, 06:21 PM   #31
dmenzion
I hit open layups

dmenzion has decent reputation
Default JR SMITH = IMpacT player

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Kirk Hinrich, Chris Duhon, Ben Gordan. Now tell me where JR Smith fits?

!!!!!!!! Smith is gonna b all-star one day

Wallace/Sweetney
Brown/Nocioni(hes big enouigh to play 4)
Smith/Deng
Gordon/Duhon
Hinrich
dmenzion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:22 PM   #32
BFRESH44
College star

BFRESH44 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
and the best one on one post defender in basketball.

GeeWiz, PJ is not the best post defender in basketball. Calm down. (atleast not anymore, in his heyday he was bad dude). Calm down.

Coming up on the age of 37, he'll still give very solid contributions though. Hard nosed mf'er. Will rub off on the whole team.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 07-05-2006 at 06:28 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 PM   #33
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by i seen hippos
why don't you just admit that you came into this thread very excitable and typed stupid sh!t before you thought it over.

Cant do it huh? I didnt think so. When it comes to actually trying to break down the game of basketball and/or player you lack confidence. Notice how your last 3 replies repeat one another? There is a reason. Deshawn Stevenson has talent.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #34
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharoahtwon
He played in the group finals his junior year at St. Bene's in Newark, NJ against the Blair team with seniors Charlie Villanueva and Luol Deng. JR was the best player on the court that day.

Villy and Deng are three timews the player JR Smith. JR Smith has 2yrs in the league where he had all the oppurtunity in the world. What has he done in the NBA that Villy and Deng havent? He's done diick so far.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:29 PM   #35
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

JR Smith is going to be big.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:30 PM   #36
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

I hate to see Tyson go, but with acquiring Big Benny the Bull, it had to be done.

We got some serious depth right now....

Kirk/Duhon
Gordon/Thabo
Deng/Noc/Smith
PJ Brown/Thomas/Sweets
Wallace/Songalia(?)
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:39 PM   #37
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector Rick
I hate to see Tyson go, but with acquiring Big Benny the Bull, it had to be done.

We got some serious depth right now....

Kirk/Duhon
Gordon/Thabo
Deng/Noc/Smith
PJ Brown/Thomas/Sweets
Wallace/Songalia(?)

Nocioni could be starting at PF. He was putting up nearly 20 and 10 the last month and a half at that position. Bulls will be crashing the boards and running whenever it's possible.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:40 PM   #38
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Nocioni will be starting SF. Deng off the pod.
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 PM   #39
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Inspector Rick has an OK reputation so far

Yeah I thought that too, but it seems like Bulls prefer/need his energy off the bench.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:44 PM   #40
vagabond
Kids at the park dunk on me

vagabond has an OK reputation so far

I must it admit I am not sure of the JR Smith scenario, Odds are he's just going to be a tradable asset for later on in the season because Although he has a lot off potential with the depth in the wing positions he isn't going to get the time to develop any of it!

Then again may be it's a plan to add depth at SF so they can move Deng some where as part of a package some where?
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #41
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

TheBigAristotle1 has an OK reputation so far
Default My take

Basically this gets rid of a huge cap albatross, Chandler was signed for 64 million over 6 years, whats worse is that his contract was back loaded. This meant his salary would be greatest when we are also trying to resign the core. Personally I think this is a great move as it allows us to keep the core together and still have some cap flexibility. PJ Brown can still play and is a better fit next to Ben Wallace then Tyson Chandler, Chandler has no offense and with Ben on the floor would kill the Bulls offensively. It wasn't just about cap space it was also about the future, Chandler and Big Ben is horrid offensively.

J.R Smith is a big, athletic, 2 gaurd who is decent at shooting. He gives the Bulls some security in case Thabo doesn't pan out. He can also be a tradeable asset.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #42
geeWiz15
Quality Posts™

geeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation heregeeWiz15 has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
GeeWiz, PJ is not the best post defender in basketball. Calm down.
You tellin me that prime PJ Brown was not a good post defender?

Who exactly is better? I dunno if you noticed but freaking nobody in this league knows how to defend the post. And nbody in this league is tough. PJ's both. He's the best by default, I don't care how old he is.

It's either him or Duncan. KG is a perimiter defender... Ben can't play one on one. Shaq is damn good but can get got with pumpfakes and doesn't put his all into it. Dikembe? Old as dirt. Yao? Could be, but he doesn't really have toughness or endurance, or any kind of movement. The Chandlers and etc etc in the league that could be are too foul prone and against any skilled post player will be in foul trouble half the game.

PJ is the master of the pick and pop, a well above average rebounder, mentally and physically tough, a veteran leader, a perfect FT shooter and yes, the best post defender in basketball. This is a great pickup for the Bulls. No, he's no star, no, he doesn't block shots, no, he won't give you anything more than 10/10, yes, he's 56 years old, but he's a big guy who knows how to play the game. The Shane Battier of PF/Cs plus 10 years of age. bulls did good on this one.
geeWiz15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:14 PM   #43
junwin
I hit open 5-footers

junwin has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
im sayin it right now. i've always liked JR smith's game, hes gonna be a big time player. bulls are lookin better and better everyday
but there is still a chance that his playing time in chicago will be very limited
junwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:17 PM   #44
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmenzion
!!!!!!!! Smith is gonna b all-star one day

Wallace/Sweetney
Brown/Nocioni(hes big enouigh to play 4)
Smith/Deng
Gordon/Duhon
Hinrich

are you havign a laugh?

clearly

Wallace / Brown
Thomas / Sweetney
Nocioni / Deng / Thabo sefolasha
Gordon / Smith / thabo again
Hinrich / Duhon
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:22 PM   #45
KingofKings718
Great young streetballer

KingofKings718 has an OK reputation so far

Nice trade. PJ still has game at 37, and he can teach as well. JR SMith is talented, can give you some highlights, and is a trading cheap, because I can't dude being on the same page with Scott Skiles. Not knocking JR, but Scott Skiles isn't the type of dude that seems to embrace players with scoring talent.
KingofKings718 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: