Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-05-2006, 07:24 PM   #46
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

Deng and Nocioni will start together. Hinrich/Gordon/Nocioni/Deng is the bulls best lineup, and with Ben Wallace we can afford to be small, I garuntee you no team can keep up with that lineup.

Like I said Smith is just insurance in case Thabo isn't ready, or gets injured.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:26 PM   #47
EJ NY 151
I airball my layups

It was a need for Chandler to be traded, get that contract out of here, we knew it was coming, but with the acquisition of Smith what do you think will happen at the 2 and 3??

There's no way JR Smith should be stealing good minutes from Ben Gordon.. i think he'll havto cut in on Noc and Deng's minutes... either way, there is an abundance of talent on the wing for the Bulls.. the SG and SF spots go 3 bench players deep with Deng, Thabo, and Smith... i think Smith is acquired as a tradable asset like mentioned before
EJ NY 151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #48
EJ NY 151
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Hinrich/Gordon/Nocioni/Deng is the bulls best lineup

i disagree... getting Tyrus or PJ, even Sweetney, in there with Ben is the best lineup. Deng should not be starting next year
EJ NY 151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:28 PM   #49
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:
You tellin me that prime PJ Brown was not a good post defender?

Ofcourse prime PJ was a great post defender. LOL, you're talking to a dude who is a huge PJ Brown fan and watched his whole tenure with Miami.

But you flatly said "they acquired the best post defender in the league". And he is not that right now. PJ is coming up on 37 years old(and will retire most likely after this year).

Hell, he is no better of a post defender than Tyson Chandler right now, which post-defense was one of Tyson Chandlers bright spots.

But yeah, PJ is still solid and will give some good contributions. But the main motives behind this for the Bulls is salary dump/getting an expiring contract.

Last edited by BFRESH44 : 07-05-2006 at 07:37 PM.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:33 PM   #50
Inspector Rick
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBigAristotle1
Deng and Nocioni will start together. Hinrich/Gordon/Nocioni/Deng is the bulls best lineup, and with Ben Wallace we can afford to be small, I garuntee you no team can keep up with that lineup.

Like I said Smith is just insurance in case Thabo isn't ready, or gets injured.

I think we will go with a more traditional lineup, Kirk/Ben/Deng/Brown/Wallace. Well rounded with a nice balance of scoring and defense. But the one you mentioned will prolly log the majority of the minutes, rightfully so.

The thing I love the most about our roster, is that there's so many different styles of bball we can play. Skiles has the oppurtunity to be really creative.
Inspector Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #51
bullsku23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

look for jr smith to get traded. he doesnt fit the skiles system, and he is the first player the bulls have gotten that doesnt. he also has a lot of trade value becuase their are some GMs and teams in the league that are high on him. i love him, but dont see him with the bulls
bullsku23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:35 PM   #52
TheBigAristotle1
Serious playground baller

Quote:
i disagree... getting Tyrus or PJ, even Sweetney, in there with Ben is the best lineup. Deng should not be starting next year

Deng is a better player then Sweetney or Brown, thats why he should start. Your talking about a guy who plays awesome defense on Small forwards and gives you like 14+ ppg and 6 rebounds while splitting minutes with Noc. Noc earned a starting spot with his performance in the playoffs, but thats no reason to throw Deng under the bus.
TheBigAristotle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #53
bullsku23
Can barely lace up my sneakers

everybody is going to get their minutes regardless of who starts. though jr smith is only going to get 10 min a game. I think deng wont start most games but you could see him starting against a team like NJ who uses a smaller, athletic lineup
bullsku23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:39 PM   #54
PHXsunsROCK1105
SAVE Planet Orange

Good trade for the NOK's future.
PHXsunsROCK1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:59 PM   #55
BlackVVaves
College superstar

Quote:
Wallace/Sweetney
Brown/Nocioni(hes big enouigh to play 4)
Smith/Deng
Gordon/Duhon
Hinrich

What kind of ****ed up lineup is that? Duhon is a SG? You think JR Smith will START?
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:27 PM   #56
BlackVVaves
College superstar

I am loving the Bulls.

They get rid of a bad contract.

They pick up a veteran who RIGHT NOW is better than Chandler.

He ((PJ)) can teach the youth on the team, and give Ty Thomas some good lessons on the court.

JR Smith is a insurance policy on Palo((sp?))/Trading asset for cap space.

PJ Brown is an expiring contract...and even if they DO keep him, he will be resigned for alot less, so they can resign their core.

They are the true defintion of depth. If a starter gets injured, the perfomance of the team will hardly be altered.

Ben
Brown
Nocioni
Gordon
Kirk

I think thats their best lineup. They can kill on the perimeter, AND on defense, as well as control the boards.
BlackVVaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #57
JohnnyCakesKilla
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
I am loving the Bulls.

They get rid of a bad contract.

They pick up a veteran who RIGHT NOW is better than Chandler.

He ((PJ)) can teach the youth on the team, and give Ty Thomas some good lessons on the court.

JR Smith is a insurance policy on Palo((sp?))/Trading asset for cap space.

PJ Brown is an expiring contract...and even if they DO keep him, he will be resigned for alot less, so they can resign their core.

They are the true defintion of depth. If a starter gets injured, the perfomance of the team will hardly be altered.

Ben
Brown
Nocioni
Gordon
Kirk

I think thats their best lineup. They can kill on the perimeter, AND on defense, as well as control the boards.

Still no low post scoring option, can't win in the playoffs shooting a bunch of threes.
JohnnyCakesKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:31 PM   #58
JordanPippenRodman
Banned

pj brown and ty thomas can both score down low. and obviously Sweets can.
JordanPippenRodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:41 PM   #59
JohnnyCakesKilla
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanPippenRodman

Thomas is a jump shooter with no post game and Brown has never scored over 12 ppg and he is 37 going on 38.
The Bulls top scorers are all jump shooters and you can not win in the playoffs shooting jump shots, it has never happened. Plus they all shoot a low% Goron 42%, Hinrich 39% the best shooter is Deng at 46%. They don't get to the line either. They would have to force a lot of turnovers just to stay in the game. And in the playoffs only super stars get calls and the cards will be stacked against them. Round Two max.
JohnnyCakesKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:44 PM   #60
BFRESH44
College star

Quote:

LOL, Tyrus Thomas is not an established low post scorer

Hell watching dude at LSU, he plays moreso as a big 3 as opposed to a 4. He likes to face up and take dudes off the dribble and pull up for a 15 footer. That part of his game is not devoloped yet.

PJ Brown gets garbage buckets. He's a scraper, hard nosed. But he's never been in HIS career as a establised low post scorer. Oh and uh let's not mention he;s coming up on 37. And of-course you have Ben Wallace who is inept on the offensive end.

Really Micheal Sweetney is the Bulls best low best threat, but he's fat.

The Bulls are still a jumpshooting team.
BFRESH44 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: