Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Cleveland Cavaliers Forum

Cleveland Cavaliers Forum Cleveland cavaliers message board - cleveland cavaliers fan forum

Old 05-18-2007, 04:03 PM   #1
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation
Default What are your "Team Needs"???

What are your team needs heading into the draft and free agency???

Not asking for speculation or trade ideas. Just things you need (ie. low post scoring PF/C)
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2007, 04:29 PM   #2
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation
Default Re: What are your "Team Needs"???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
What are your team needs heading into the draft and free agency???

Not asking for speculation or trade ideas. Just things you need (ie. low post scoring PF/C)

Well, we have no cap money so....

Probably our primary concern is a scorer. Second to that, a point guard that can run an offense and consistently hit an outside shot.

Low post scoring isn't really a problem, it's lack of coaching in that area that is an issue. Z can be a low post threat, and so can Lebron, if we used them that way.

We could definately use an upgrade over Drew Gooden.

Anyone we get needs to be consistent. Possibly someone who could be a leader, without clashing with Lebron.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 11:54 AM   #3
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

Cleveland had a good season and just fail short. I say Danny Ferry talk to the Kings and get Mike Bibby or get a point guard with the mid-level money, and trade up and get some more help in the paint and some decent outside shooter or shooters. Imagine if we had this line-up in the Finals.

PG-Bibby
SG-Hughes
SF-LBJ
PF-Gooden
C- Ilgauskas
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:01 PM   #4
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

We should go small and just go with

Gibson
Sasha
LeBron
Drew
Andy
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 12:48 PM   #5
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannonball
We should go small and just go with

Gibson
Sasha
LeBron
Drew
Andy

Ilgauskas still deserves to start. We dont get him the ball as much as we should so that's why he's not putting up number like he's capable of. Drew Gooden is an inconsistent piece of garbage. If we could trade him for like jerome bettis straight up, it would probably be a deal. His little patch of hair, and inconsistent play, dumb fouls, missed 6 footers, have made me about go insane. SO hopefully he gets the h ell out of this town.
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
STelfair31
National High School Star

STelfair31 has decent reputation

get rid of Sasha and pick up Rashard...
STelfair31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 12:54 PM   #7
InLebronWeTrust
High School Varsity 12th Man

InLebronWeTrust has decent reputation

Does anyone understand besides mathius that we have no money?
InLebronWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 03:33 PM   #8
Mathius

Mathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputationMathius has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InLebronWeTrust
Does anyone understand besides mathius that we have no money?

Doubtful.

Mathius
Mathius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 02:44 AM   #9
Deathvainx
Banned

Deathvainx has an OK reputation so far

Cavaliers are in talks with the Kings management of acquiring Mike Bibby in a trade.

I think that Mike Bibby who is a pass first PG and a clutch shooter will took away the pressure from Lebron James. James would just wait for the ball and drive into the lane instead of creating his own shoots.

His assist numbers might drop but his points will be gone higher maybe average 32 PPG.

Pistons are still a contender they have young guys like Amir Johnson coming into their lineup next season and they will resign Chauncey Billups to a contract extension.

or

Steal of the Draft

This guy averaged 24.2 ppg in his freshman year and was named Freshman of the Year by collegeinsider.com. This year he was an All-American honourable mention averaging 24.6, 4.7 rebounds and 5.5 assists. He was in the 30s on the draft board, but after some impressive workouts moved up to 15. Now he's 17 on NBADraft.net

His stats

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player...playerId=22937

The Cavaliers need a guy like Stuckey to be the 2nd option of Lebron James. I heard the Cavaliers are going to buy a pick in the draft so how about making a deal with the team that will pick him.

He is measured at 6'3 3/4 ( No Shoes)- 6'5" ( shoes)
Deathvainx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 08:44 PM   #10
Dime Dropper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Dime Dropper has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathvainx
I think that Mike Bibby who is a pass first PG and a clutch shooter will took away the pressure from Lebron James. James would just wait for the ball and drive into the lane instead of creating his own shoots.

Mike would be a good fit for the Cavs, but let me tell you he is not a pass first PG. He is a scorer. No doubt, he is a good distributor, but he is more of a scorer. This is not necessarily a bad thing, it's just how it is.

And a deal with us would be difficult. We don't really want what you guys have to offer? Gibson? Yes, although we're not trading Bibby for Gibson and change. Hughes? No thanks. Gooden? Ugh, no. Andy? Yes, could work. And a 2009 first rounder would have to be thrown in. And the salaries don't even match. This is why a deal wasn't done at the deadline, it's just too hard to work out.
Dime Dropper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:18 PM   #11
metallicamatty

metallicamatty has an OK reputation so far

If i was Cavs, I wouldnt give up a future star (Gibson) for a now star (Bibby).

In 2 or 3 years we will be one of the best in the East, with Bulls abnd Heat, we don't have much to worry about, just gotta keep LeBron.
metallicamatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:52 AM   #12
jo3y91
lebron stole my shoes!

jo3y91 has an OK reputation so far

we need jamaal crawford and mike bibby. get a three way trade going so we end up with both or something.
jo3y91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:21 PM   #13
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation

I like Bibby but then I'm hearing the Kings might want Drew Gooden in return for Bibby. I think the Cavs could get Jason Hart or Steve Blake with the mid-level.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:11 PM   #14
metallicamatty

metallicamatty has an OK reputation so far

We need money and the players to trade, and we don't got them..
metallicamatty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 08:53 AM   #15
Lebron23
Most Valuable Player

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

http://www.nba.com/draft2007/profiles/NickFazekas.html

If the Cavaliers will buy a draft pick tomorrow maybe we can draft Nick Fazekas he is is a 6'11 bigmen that can shoot from the outside.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: