Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 10-02-2016, 08:10 PM   #31
atljonesbro
College star

Default Re: MVP & DPOY Rankings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
What would that be, when you asked Celticballer if he was upset? How is that "obvious?" He predicted a Falcos midseason collapse. That somehow means he's upset? You make no sense. FYI, Fans of teams that have actually experienced a high level of success have different standards. And while Matt Ryan is a superior QB to the Patriots' third-stringer ( ) you may have heard of a fellow named Tom Brady who will be returning in a week. No, there is no jealousy because there is nothing to be jealous of.
He predicted a Falcons mid season collapse when I stayed on topic and said MAtt ryan was the favorite out of insecurity. He felt threatened, thats why he went so off topic.
atljonesbro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:05 PM   #32
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atljonesbro
Are you upset?
In the last 4 seasons, how many times did the Falcons finish with a winning record?

So how am I upset when I'm making a reasonable assumption?
CelticBaller is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 09:22 PM   #33
1987_Lakers
5-time NBA All-Star

I said it last season and I'll say it right now, Cam Newton winning MVP was a fluke, dude has looked like crap in 3 of the 4 games so far.

Good QB, but never elite.
1987_Lakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:38 AM   #34
~primetime~
~the original p.tiddy~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1987_Lakers
I said it last season and I'll say it right now, Cam Newton winning MVP was a fluke, dude has looked like crap in 3 of the 4 games so far.

Good QB, but never elite.
He got far too much credit for team with an amazing defense

They had the top-2 DMVP candidates last year. Norman/Kuechly
~primetime~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 02:17 AM   #35
NuggetsFan
Nuggets/Avs/Broncos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~primetime~
He got far too much credit for team with an amazing defense

They had the top-2 DMVP candidates last year. Norman/Kuechly

I think this year just validates Cam's MVP. Panthers need him to be elite to win. They need last years Cam. He had one game this season where he was similar to last year and they won 46-27.

He was ridiculous last year so could be a fluke. I think the one thing that was flukey last year was his consistency. He had like 2 bad games and think in a typical Newton season that won't be the case. I actually don't think he got enough credit for last season from some people. He had what like 45 total TD's with a make shift WR corps and 13 turnovers Carolina lost 1 game.

Von Miller for DPOY this year. He's been ridiculous. Denver's entire defense has been he's been the one opening everything up for guys like Wolfe/Ray to feast.
NuggetsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 08:55 AM   #36
atljonesbro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
In the last 4 seasons, how many times did the Falcons finish with a winning record?

So how am I upset when I'm making a reasonable assumption?
Because you're going incredibly off topic for no reason. This is a power rankings for MVP and Matt Ryan is clearly number one at the moment. You are upset about that so you go out of your way to try to make him look bad at the expense of the the topics subject. You are very insecure about it.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:16 AM   #37
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
Because you're going incredibly off topic for no reason. This is a power rankings for MVP and Matt Ryan is clearly number one at the moment. You are upset about that so you go out of your way to try to make him look bad at the expense of the the topics subject. You are very insecure about it.
It's called a prediction. I'm allowed to make one in these kind of threads dummy
Old 10-03-2016, 11:23 AM   #38
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

I don't see why it's weird to label Matt Ryan the frontrunner.

I don't think people understand how huge signing Alex Mack was. When things hold up for him, particularly in the middle, he's a near elite quarterback. He's just not the guy who will transcend poor line play and still dominate.

But back when the play at center (and the line in general) was stable, the Falcons were an elite team. People just seem to have forgotten because the line has been in absolute shambles. Todd McClure retiring set off a storm at the position, and we've been playing guys that haven't ever played C these last 3 years. But from 2010-2012 Matt Ryan led us to 36 wins. The only teams to win more during that span were the Patriots (39) and Packers (37). We were one play away from the Super Bowl in 2012, and I believe we were better than that Baltimore team...but I'll digress.

The Falcons and Matt Ryan playing well is not a fluke. I don't expect him to win the MVP, but through 1/4 of the season he's clearly the leader.
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:01 PM   #39
Bless Mathews
454 Dumper

Matty ice ballin out.

Helps when you got a man amongst boys as your receiver.

Big Ben with a huge game last night.

R dub gonna get healthy and start his candidacy after bye week

These runnin back injuries are a blessing to our offense actually. Let's r dub take over. Just like end of last year.

Side note just how good r dub is.

We have the cheapest offensive line in NFL. One rookie. Everyone playing different positions. And r dub still gets it done.
Bless Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 12:40 PM   #40
atljonesbro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticBaller
It's called a prediction. I'm allowed to make one in these kind of threads dummy
As long as you know it's out of insecurity sure. You seem really upset about the idea that Matt Ryan is currently the #1 ranked MVP candidate right now. A simple, yeah he actually is right now would have sufficed, because he's the clear cut favorite right now
Old 10-03-2016, 12:42 PM   #41
atljonesbro
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawkFactory
I don't see why it's weird to label Matt Ryan the frontrunner.

I don't think people understand how huge signing Alex Mack was. When things hold up for him, particularly in the middle, he's a near elite quarterback. He's just not the guy who will transcend poor line play and still dominate.

But back when the play at center (and the line in general) was stable, the Falcons were an elite team. People just seem to have forgotten because the line has been in absolute shambles. Todd McClure retiring set off a storm at the position, and we've been playing guys that haven't ever played C these last 3 years. But from 2010-2012 Matt Ryan led us to 36 wins. The only teams to win more during that span were the Patriots (39) and Packers (37). We were one play away from the Super Bowl in 2012, and I believe we were better than that Baltimore team...but I'll digress.

The Falcons and Matt Ryan playing well is not a fluke. I don't expect him to win the MVP, but through 1/4 of the season he's clearly the leader.
I put a massive amount of his success on Mack. Our center play was so abymsal last year and it reflected on Matt. Mack has been an absolute monster
Old 10-03-2016, 12:47 PM   #42
West-Side
Goat Loading

Julio is #1.
The guy was 5-8 yards in front of Benwikere all game, not hard to rack up yards if you're Ryan.

Cam I think is suffering from a concusion after week 1. He takes way too long to read the defense last 3 games. Their backup came in and scored 2 TDs in like 6 minutes. They have so much talent on offense but Cam should rest until Week 7. They have TB & NO, two winnable games before their bye. I think they should start Anderson next 2 weeks.

At worst they will be 2-4 with a rested Cam.
After bye the toughest games they have is @ Seattle and against Arizona at home. They might want to look for a trade. I'd give up a 2nd round pick for a great corner.

In the off season, they definitely have to spend some money on pass rushers, RT and secondary. Last year with Allen, they had depth. This year they rely on Ealy and CJ to play way too many snaps. Benwikere have up nearly every big play yesterday. The rookies actually looked good after watching the game again.
West-Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 01:50 PM   #43
ShawkFactory
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
I put a massive amount of his success on Mack. Our center play was so abymsal last year and it reflected on Matt. Mack has been an absolute monster
The confidence just seems to be back.

Last year, even when he did have a solid pocket, he wasn't sharp.

He has been so far, particularly on third down.
ShawkFactory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:12 PM   #44
CelticBaller
You mad?

Quote:
As long as you know it's out of insecurity sure. You seem really upset about the idea that Matt Ryan is currently the #1 ranked MVP candidate right now. A simple, yeah he actually is right now would have sufficed, because he's the clear cut favorite right now
reach
Old 10-03-2016, 04:27 PM   #45
T_L_P
The Beast In Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by West-Side
Julio is #1.
The guy was 5-8 yards in front of Benwikere all game, not hard to rack up yards if you're Ryan.

A WR will likely never win the award. Not unless he has a 2,500 yd season with multiple (shitty) QBs playing and he's a thread on Special Teams.

Julio has 448 yds and 3 TDs so far. He's on pace for 1,792 yds and 12 TDs.

Ryan already has 1,473 yds and 11 TDs.

Ryan is #1.
T_L_P is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: