Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-19-2007, 12:05 PM   #1
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far
Default Another Rebuild thread

...because I'm bored this morning.

Kwame + both of our 2nd round picks
for
Artest

Odom, Bynum, 1st Rd pick
for
Gasol, Warrick

MLE to Magloire
Still need a PG

Kobe
PG
Artest
Gasol
Magloire

solid bench with Turiaf, Mihm, Walton, Warrick (maybe trade Walton or Warrick for a PG).

Is that reasonable to all teams?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:19 PM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Another Rebuild thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple

for
Artest

Odom, Bynum, 1st Rd pick
for
Gasol, Warrick

MLE to Magloire
Still need a PG

Kobe
PG
Artest
Gasol
Magloire

solid bench with Turiaf, Mihm, Walton, Warrick (maybe trade Walton or Warrick for a PG).

if we loose Bynum, odom, and kwame thats all our rebounders.we loose over 23 rebounds. We also become a lot smaller. A LOT. trading all our picks wouldnt really help us here cuz now we need to get roster fillers.Nd getting magloire could be risky. i like the idea but i would like to have odom if we get magloire.Cuz he gives us a nice body down there.
with out lamar our offense wont run as well. Artest/kobe/gasol/magliore i dont think would work very well. idk but imo,
Grizzlies would do it because theyre looking to deal Gasol and rebuilding and would love bynum+ first rounder and lamar. they could do with out warrick cuz they have stro and if they get durant or oden put him next to bynum.
Sac would love to get kwame. THEY NEED SIZE.plus draft picks.they have a good history of drafting. i just dont think it would work for us
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 01:32 PM   #3
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

by the way. They say Afflalo will go in the second. I say lakers grab him. He is nice. Especially seeing him bieng a second rounder. Put him with Farmar and i guarantee they will mesh and be put into a comfort zone.(IMO) off the bench a nice combo. maybe they can trade cook+luke+2nd rounders for artest.cuz kwame we can work with, he was injured, give him the season to prove him self and if he fails, trade him, his contract is up(8Mill).Really nice trading piece.keep lamar. If anything. Sign blake with MLE. lakers arent that far away.KEEP ODOM! Getting artest will do us good. and if he acts up(which i doubt) we are going to be deep enough to be good. Dont forget about our draft picks.

PG Blake
SG Kobe
SF Artest
PF Lamar
C Kwame

off the bench
G Sasha
G Farmar
G Afflalo*(if we draft him)
G/F Mo evans
F/C Turiaf
C Bynum
*plus were still gonna have draft picks and....well...Radmanovic(cough cough)
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 02:33 PM   #4
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thats true we can work with Kwame.

I just would rather see him go for artest.

I would S&T Luke Walton and trade him with Cook and a second rounder for a PG and then use Bynum and Odom for O'Neal and another young player.

However, looking at that last trade option, I don't think trading both Odom AND Bynum are worth it.

If you think Bynum will show significant improvement next year then we can simply trade Kwame for Artest and S&T Luke and Cook and the second rounder for a PG like Mo Williams maybe.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far
Angry Re: Another Rebuild thread

Quote:

for
Artest

Odom, Bynum, 1st Rd pick
for
Gasol, Warrick

MLE to Magloire
Still need a PG

Kobe
PG
Artest
Gasol
Magloire

NO. Artest is a bad idea. He's a great defender, but also a nutcase. Gasol has a big contract and is rather wanting to go to the bulls. Magloire, eh probably risky to get. Trading Walton is a bad idea too, he's basically the third best on the team. Resigning mihm? I hope not. Trading Odom bad idea too.

We're going to have the same ****ing team like last year with 2 rookies or so.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #6
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakerWarrior12
NO. Artest is a bad idea. He's a great defender, but also a nutcase. Gasol has a big contract and is rather wanting to go to the bulls. Magloire, eh probably risky to get. Trading Walton is a bad idea too, he's basically the third best on the team. Resigning mihm? I hope not. Trading Odom bad idea too.

We're going to have the same ****ing team like last year with 2 rookies or so.

I agree Artest is a great defender but he can also b a 20pt scorer, maybe not w/ Kobe around, but I don't think as the go 2 guy LO would b a 20 pt guy.... but newayz, we're not the spurs or mavs or somebody that's gonna have players dyin 2 come over here, we need 2 take chances on players that the elite teams won't take chances on b/c we have no financial flexibility or tradeable assets that we're willing 2 give up... DET took a chance on sheed n Cwebb, GSW took a chance w/ Jackson, n the list goes on n on....I'll say it again, beggars cant b choosers n if Artest can b had for a decent price, don't think 2wice just pull tha trigger
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:41 PM   #7
LakerWarrior12
Local High School Star

LakerWarrior12 has an OK reputation so far
Lightbulb Re: Another Rebuild thread

this just came up to my mind. Maybe we should trade Lamar Odom for Josh Howard.

Sounds like a great deal.
LakerWarrior12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:59 PM   #8
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Hmmm... there have been so many different trade ideas... however, one has to ask one's self.... would these teams really want to trade their players for ours... remember, the goal is to buy low, sell high... not sure the Lakers have many means to do that.

With Artest, due to the risk, they BETTER buy low! I think Kwame and TWO second round picks is just too much for Artest.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:34 PM   #9
Perezident
Kings>>>Clippers

Perezident has no real reputation yet.

no not really....
thats kind've ideal for artest...seeing that he scores at will in the post...can give u 24ppg easy because playing with kobe

rebounds well and is a former DPOY....what has kwame done???
Perezident is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:26 AM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think it's too much either. (sorry Pimp)

Giving up Kwame for any star of some sort would be a Huge plus.

We aren't losing any D either, afterall, we're getting artest (hopefully).

My only concern is does artest want us at this point?
Old 05-21-2007, 12:49 AM   #11
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

kkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this boardkkinchen has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:

for
Artest

Odom, Bynum, 1st Rd pick
for
Gasol, Warrick

MLE to Magloire
Still need a PG

Kobe
PG
Artest
Gasol
Magloire

Kevin Garnett is the only player we need to add to our team in order to be champions next year. I suggest a package involving Bynum, Walton, Cook, and our first round pick for Garnett. Once this is our starting lineup.

Maurice Evans
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Kevin Garnett
Kwame Brown

We will win a championship with this lineup.
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:58 AM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkinchen
Kevin Garnett is the only player we need to add to our team in order to be champions next year. I suggest a package involving Bynum, Walton, Cook, and our first round pick for Garnett. Once this is our starting lineup.

Maurice Evans
Kobe Bryant
Lamar Odom
Kevin Garnett
Kwame Brown

We will win a championship with this lineup.

How many times do we have to remind people......salaries need to match up!!!!!

Minnesota first off is not going to trade a top 5 player for a project and a role player and a scrub!!!!

We cannot pull this trade off because a combined luke (probably 5 mill) Bynum (2 mill), and Cook (3.5) does not add up to 20+ million!!!

Please get it through your heads that it doesn't work like that unless we had a gigantic ass trade exception of about 15 million dollars......Jesus Christ!!!

FIrst Kidd, JO, and Artest and Kobe and LO on the same team now we can trade a dollar for 20 mill...

Someone shoot my fukcing head!!!!
Old 05-21-2007, 01:01 AM   #13
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
How many times do we have to remind people......salaries need to match up!!!!!

Minnesota first off is not going to trade a top 5 player for a project and a role player and a scrub!!!!

We cannot pull this trade off because a combined luke (probably 5 mill) Bynum (2 mill), and Cook (3.5) does not add up to 20+ million!!!

Please get it through your heads that it doesn't work like that unless we had a gigantic ass trade exception of about 15 million dollars......Jesus Christ!!!

FIrst Kidd, JO, and Artest and Kobe and LO on the same team now we can trade a dollar for 20 mill...

Someone shoot my fukcing head!!!!

Some people are just dreaming! Can't blame them for being to lazy to think things through!
Or can we!

Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:30 AM   #14
thegamefritz
I airball my layups

thegamefritz has an OK reputation so far

Pg- Mike Bibby
Sg- Kobe Bryant
Sf-lamar Odom
Pf-kevin Garnett
C- Andrew Bynum

Or

Pg- Mike Bibby
Sg-kobe Bryant
Sf-rashard Lewis
Pf-lamar Odom
C-kwame Brown/ Andrew Bynum
thegamefritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 02:03 AM   #15
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

for
Artest

Odom, Bynum, 1st Rd pick
for
Gasol, Warrick

MLE to Magloire
Still need a PG

Kobe
PG
Artest
Gasol
Magloire

Other than rebounding, I like it a lot.

However, this team would give us a whole lot of toughness which can serve as somewhat of a means to an end that is rebounding.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: