Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-14-2016, 11:08 PM   #991
Nick Young
Banned

Default Re: The New Bigass Politics Thread XII: 2nd Debate, A Surprising October

Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 11:39 PM   #992
ILLsmak
Life goes on.

Default Re: The New Bigass Politics Thread XII: 2nd Debate, A Surprising October

Anything can happen, but I do think Trump is about where they list him. Less than 20% chance of winning. I think that if we want change we will need to work for it and not expect government to do it. It will be a hard road.

I think that Trump could be a historical figure, though. Hilariously... it depends on what ends up happening, but if anything big happens... if the shit hits the fan soon after, he will be seen as someone who saw it coming and tried to stop it.

If positive change occurs, he might be seen as a driving force.

Only if things go back to 'normal' will he not be looked upon as a person of interest. I tend to think that is why he tried to become pres.

I definitely look upon him sympathetically, now. Sometimes I look at Hillary and feel the same way, because, in truth, earthly motivations are shit and she knows that, deep down.

Trump I sympathize with because he genuinely seems like he wants to do what is right. It might not actually be right, but in his reality, he thinks it is. I'm talking about politically. I have no way to know what kind of a person he is otherwise. Other than a lot of talk that I can say I have engaged in worse. I've never raped anyone tho.

But, whether we like him or not, history dictates he is an agent of change, probably not a flash in the pan. It's probably not 'him' but he will personify it. He showed us a lot of things even if he doesn't gain anything. He may have changed republicans forever as well as exposed the media. The claims of extreme media bias and collusion wouldn't have seemed as real if we hadn't seen how they went wall to wall on it and ignored important world matters.

Edit: Remember, we are all people and flawed. We all (hopefully) want America to be a better place.

-Smak
ILLsmak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 03:50 PM   #993
Nanners
hugh mungus what?

Hillary Clinton responding to a question about Bloomberg running for president during one of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs:

"You know, I would like to see more successful business people run for office. I really would like to see that because I do think, you know, you don't have to have 30 billion, but you have a certain level of freedom. And there's that memorable phrase from a former member of the Senate: You can be maybe rented but never bought. And I think it's important to have people with those experiences."
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:39 PM   #994
DonDadda59
Lord High Executioner

Breitbart- Ohio GOP Shuts Down Drumpf's Ground Game

DonDadda59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 06:49 PM   #995
warriorfan
The Bully

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Hillary Clinton responding to a question about Bloomberg running for president during one of her paid speeches to Goldman Sachs:

"You know, I would like to see more successful business people run for office. I really would like to see that because I do think, you know, you don't have to have 30 billion, but you have a certain level of freedom. And there's that memorable phrase from a former member of the Senate: You can be maybe rented but never bought. And I think it's important to have people with those experiences."
Dr Dipshit, she said successful business people
warriorfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2016, 07:27 PM   #996
ThePhantomCreep
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by warriorfan
Dr Dipshit, she said successful business people

Bernie Bros desperately want 2-3 Scalia clones in the Supreme Court. President Trump can provide that.

They're voting with their conscience.
ThePhantomCreep is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: