Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #31
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

l3bronBryant has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Most Overrated & Underrated Movie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Overrated: Pans Labrynth, Spiderman 1,2,3; the hitchhikers guide to the galaxy, most will ferrell movies, adam sandlar movie, The Departed (the original was 10zillion times better)

Underrated: if you like martial arts movies bloodmoon (1997) http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1800280905/details ; kiss kiss bang bang, equilibrium, Crank, King Arthur (2004), Romantic move 3-Iron its Korean, Infernal Affairs (original to the Departed) its chinese, anime Barnyard

Flash Gordon is a cult classic!

dont give will ferrell **** tallented actor at being who he is and adam sandler has made classics not only happy gilmore and billy madison, but also serious like punch drunk love AND THE F*****ng departed insulting to say the least very bad choice give up
l3bronBryant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:18 PM   #32
Randy
NBA sixth man of the year

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by l3bronBryant
dont give will ferrell **** tallented actor at being who he is and adam sandler has made classics not only happy gilmore and billy madison, but also serious like punch drunk love AND THE F*****ng departed insulting to say the least very bad choice give up

What? Was that English? Please follow your own advice.

Adam Sandler has made classics? Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, M, My Darling Clementine, etc....These are classics. Happy Gilmore, while hilarious, is not and never will be.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 PM   #33
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy
What? Was that English? Please follow your own advice.

Adam Sandler has made classics? Gone With the Wind, Casablanca, M, My Darling Clementine, etc....These are classics. Happy Gilmore, while hilarious, is not and never will be.

classics in this generation ok, people remember quotes from these movies casablanca and gone with the wind are past generations dont confuse the matter
Old 05-21-2007, 01:29 PM   #34
Randy

Randy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRandy is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Any Adam Sandler movie will never be considered a Classic film. Ever. Some modern day classics would be movies like:

- Goodfellas
- Unforgiven
- Pulp Fiction
- Schindler's List

Sandler's movies may be funny, but classics they are not.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:32 PM   #35
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

Quote:
Any Adam Sandler movie will never be considered a Classic film. Ever. Some modern day classics would be movies like:

- Goodfellas
- Unforgiven
- Pulp Fiction
- Schindler's List

Sandler's movies may be funny, but classics they are not.

what years were those movies made in????? ill give u pulp fiction but the rest are older than adam sandler films and im not saying they r all out classics rather classic comidies
Old 05-21-2007, 01:34 PM   #36
Randy

Quote:
what years were those movies made in????? ill give u pulp fiction but the rest are older than adam sandler films and im not saying they r all out classics rather classic comidies

Goodfellas is the oldest from 1990. The rest are 1992-94, which only pre-dates Sandler's movies by a year or two. He was on SNL during those years though, with one of the best casts in the show's history.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:35 PM   #37
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

Quote:
Goodfellas is the oldest from 1990. The rest are 1992-94, which only pre-dates

what year is it now?
Old 05-21-2007, 01:38 PM   #38
Randy

Quote:
what year is it now?

What is your point? That modern classics have to have been released within the last 3 years or something? If you don't think a 1993 movie constitutes being a modern classic, I see no need to continue this debate.
Old 05-21-2007, 01:42 PM   #39
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

Quote:
What is your point? That modern classics have to have been released within the last 3 years or something? If you don't think a 1993 movie constitutes being a modern classic, I see no need to continue this debate.

then just leave im confused as to y u have something against comedy and all u can come up with are arthouse asian movies! movies like donnie darko, heaven, city of god, the departed, sin city THESE ARE THE MOVIES THAT ARE CLASSICS AND WILL BE REMEMBERED
Old 05-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #40
Randy

Quote:
then just leave im confused as to y u have something against comedy and all u can come up with are arthouse asian movies! movies like donnie darko, heaven, city of god, the departed, sin city THESE ARE THE MOVIES THAT ARE CLASSICS AND WILL BE REMEMBERED

Which films that I talked about are Asian arthouse exactly? And I never said I had anything against comedy, but to call any Adam Sandler movie a classic is insulting. 40 Year Old Virgin is the best comedy to come out this decade, if anything, that movie will become a classic comedy.

My guess is that you are 14-16 if you consider Donnie Darko and Sin City to be classics, but not know a thing about Schindler's List. I won't hold it against you though, once you are older and see it, you will understand.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #41
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

Quote:
Which films that I talked about are Asian arthouse exactly? And I never said I had anything against comedy, but to call any Adam Sandler movie a classic is insulting. 40 Year Old Virgin is the best comedy to come out this decade, if anything, that movie will become a classic comedy.

My guess is that you are 14-16 if you consider Donnie Darko and Sin City to be classics, but not know a thing about Schindler's List. I won't hold it against you though, once you are older and see it, you will understand.

40 year old virgin r u retarded anchor man is 100 times better than tht god damn!
Old 05-21-2007, 02:19 PM   #42
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

ive seen schlinders list and yes its probably one of the best movies ive seen but its not a recent classic jesus
Old 05-21-2007, 02:28 PM   #43
Randy

Quote:
ive seen schlinders list and yes its probably one of the best movies ive seen but its not a recent classic jesus

Ok. It's from 1993, please tell me how that is not a recent classic. The old Hollywood studio system broke up around 1960, the great films before and up to this point are true Classics in every sense of the word. So a movie from only 13 years is most certainly a modern classic. And you asked me what year it was from, if you had seen it wouldn't you roughly know the year?

Quote:
40 year old virgin r u retarded anchor man is 100 times better than tht god damn!

40 Year Old Virgin is superior in every single way imaginable. Such a typical response from an adolescent.
Old 05-21-2007, 02:40 PM   #44
l3bronBryant
I airball my layups

Quote:
Ok. It's from 1993, please tell me how that is not a recent classic. The old Hollywood studio system broke up around 1960, the great films before and up to this point are true Classics in every sense of the word. So a movie from only 13 years is most certainly a modern classic. And you asked me what year it was from, if you had seen it wouldn't you roughly know the year?

40 Year Old Virgin is superior in every single way imaginable. Such a typical response from an adolescent.

take the high road im sorry, 40 year old virgin was lame and im just gonna say ur choice in movies in general has been stupid and lame so i think that you should just shhhh because ur opinion is just wrong totally wrong
Old 05-21-2007, 02:43 PM   #45
Randy

Quote:
take the high road im sorry, 40 year old virgin was lame and im just gonna say ur choice in movies in general has been stupid and lame so i think that you should just shhhh because ur opinion is just wrong totally wrong

Ok kid, you're right. You, as a pre-pubescent child, know more about films than me, a student in film school. Thank you for setting me straight.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: