Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-19-2007, 09:30 PM   #31
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Match-up: Who'd You Rather Have For One Season, Prime KG or A 22-Year Old LeBron?

Quote:
Kevin has played with a better teammates than Lebron, do not compare the East and West BS cause Cavs have a better record in the West than KG produce this season.

why dont you just stop typing? throw away your keyboard
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 10:45 PM   #32
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: NBA Match-up: Who'd You Rather Have For One Season, Prime KG or A 22-Year Old LeBron?

Wow.

PleezeBelieve on another tier.

I honestly can't believe he's this stupid. He has to just be antagonizing people. There's no chance he's really this delusional.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 12:11 AM   #33
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: NBA Match-up: Who'd You Rather Have For One Season, Prime KG or A 22-Year Old LeB

KG... he's 7 foot tall...

30/7/7 is sick...
25/14/6 is sicker!
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:15 AM   #34
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

Its easily KG. Really depends on the team. I don't believe that if you put KG on the Cavs they do much better than they are now as far as rank in the EC, which is probably like 4th best. However, it would help that he has help in the paint with Z and Drew, and I think he'd allow Hughes to be more true to himself. They were looking for a 2nd scorer to spread the floor for the team, and they ended up settling for Hughes the slasher and ultimate streaky shooter. He does nothing but shoot jumpers in Cle, I don't think he'd do that much of that with KG.

But right now Id take KG for a single season to win if he's got nice complimentary parts.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #35
I Come In Peace
Banned

I Come In Peace has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
Its easily KG. Really depends on the team. I don't believe that if you put KG on the Cavs they do much better than they are now as far as rank in the EC, which is probably like 4th best. However, it would help that he has help in the paint with Z and Drew, and I think he'd allow Hughes to be more true to himself. They were looking for a 2nd scorer to spread the floor for the team, and they ended up settling for Hughes the slasher and ultimate streaky shooter. He does nothing but shoot jumpers in Cle, I don't think he'd do that much of that with KG.

But right now Id take KG for a single season to win if he's got nice complimentary parts.
:rollingeyes: :rollingeyes:, So you're telling me that the Cavs in their current state are 4th best in EC, yet you'll take KG over him cause he would play better with complimentary parts.

Do you know how idiotic that sounds?

KG has never consistently won unless he's had a stellar supporting cast. Go do your math dude. For him to win at a high level, he has always needed a co-MVP type player on his roster. From a young Mabury to a clutch Cassell, KG's always been dependant on that type of player to win. Forget all those fantasy league stats he puts up. LeBron does that and still ELEVATES his teams' play to a higher level.

This debate is over. Anyone who chooses KG can't prove it other than to say he led his team to the WCF during his MVP year. And if he in fact LED that team to the WCF, why the hell can't he LEAD his current roster to aleast a 1st round playoff appearance? Tell me that? One year removed from Garnett getting his MVP, he can't do anything without Cassell or Sprewell? What...I thought KG was the one leading that team? Why can't the Wolves replace Cassell or Sprewell? I thought they were just cogs in the unit that facilitated KG's greatness?

Or you know what? Maybe Cassell and Sprewell were the reasons KG was able to win. Before they got there the team was a non-factor. Now three years after their departure, the same remains true.

LeBron > KG....easy.
I Come In Peace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:10 PM   #36
I Come In Peace
Banned

Default Re: NBA Match-up: Who'd You Rather Have For One Season, Prime KG or A 22-Year Old LeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharas
it's really silly how much garnett becomes underrated these days.

garnett took team with cassell, sczerbiak and aging spree to 58 victories in the west. their best bench player was troy f'kin hudson. on offense it's maybe comparable (and i say MAYBE), but on defense kg's impact is light years ahead of lebron. one of best rebounders in league if not the best, one of best man-to-man defenders in league and also 2 blocks per game.

ervin johnson
any pf of sczerbiak's quality
22 years old lebron
2003 sprewell
2003 cassell

that team wouldn't take kobe/shaq lakers to 6 games. just wouldn't.
So if he took that team to 58 wins, why the hell can't he take his current roster to the first round or even a .500 record? Tell me that.

And while you're at it, tell me why before Cassell or Sprewell got that team, Garnett had NEVER been pst the first round of tghe playoffs...and in fact been swept several times. C'mon guy, enlighten with your knowledge.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:25 PM   #37
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Skywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterSkywalker is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So you're telling me that the Cavs in their current state are 4th best in EC, yet you'll take KG over him cause he would play better with complimentary parts.

Doesn't sound idiotic at all. You are the only one that sees it your way, because you're a blind homer.

Quote:
KG has never consistently won unless he's had a stellar supporting cast. Go do your math dude. For him to win at a high level, he has always needed a co-MVP type player on his roster. From a young Mabury to a clutch Cassell, KG's always been dependant on that type of player to win. Forget all those fantasy league stats he puts up. LeBron does that and still ELEVATES his teams' play to a higher level.

He's only ever ONCE had a decent supporting cast, and he lead the team to 58 wins and the top seed in the TOUGH Western Conference.

Quote:
This debate is over. Anyone who chooses KG can't prove it other than to say he led his team to the WCF during his MVP year. And if he in fact LED that team to the WCF, why the hell can't he LEAD his current roster to aleast a 1st round playoff appearance? Tell me that? One year removed from Garnett getting his MVP, he can't do anything without Cassell or Sprewell? What...I thought KG was the one leading that team? Why can't the Wolves replace Cassell or Sprewell? I thought they were just cogs in the unit that facilitated KG's greatness?

The debate was over a while you ago. You are 100% wrong, and a brutal homer. One year removed from his MVP, they still had Cassell moron. You don't even know the situation. Your are jsut upping your boy.

Woves can't replace them because thye have one of the worst GMs of all time running their team. Everyone knows that, but you choose to ignore it.

Quote:
Or you know what? Maybe Cassell and Sprewell were the reasons KG was able to win. Before they got there the team was a non-factor. Now three years after their departure, the same remains true.

It's not like KG won the MVP that year or anything. Moron. You are seriously the worst poster here. You are a dumbass. How does it feel being THE ABSOLUTE WORST POSTER on a board with a bunch of terrible ones?

Quote:
LeBron > KG....easy.

LeBron, 22 yrs old < KG in his prime......easy. HOMER
Old 05-20-2007, 08:28 PM   #38
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
So if he took that team to 58 wins, why the hell can't he take his current roster to the first round or even a .500 record? Tell me that.

And while you're at it, tell me why before Cassell or Sprewell got that team, Garnett had NEVER been pst the first round of tghe playoffs...and in fact been swept several times. C'mon guy, enlighten with your knowledge.

Are you honestly typing this? That was really the first time they weren't the underdogs in the first round. You can't just throw stuff out there and hope its correct and makes sense. You bum. Do your research. You see everything through LeBrons *******. Get that **** off your face and wipe the drizzle out of your eyes. You're wrong. By a mile
Old 05-20-2007, 08:29 PM   #39
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Come In Peace
:rollingeyes: :rollingeyes:, So you're telling me that the Cavs in their current state are 4th best in EC, yet you'll take KG over him cause he would play better with complimentary parts.

LeBron > KG....easy.

that is hilarious...stellar supporting cast...an old Sprewell who only ever played 1 season after that year...Sam Cassell who had a good year, but got injured once it mattered in the playoffs. and then there was all of those other great players like umm..umm...Mark Madsen? Troy Hudson? Oh of course, how could I forget about Wally Szcerbiak. Him and his 28 games played the entire year.

Do some research before you consider KG's supporting cast "stellar"

I'd take Lebron's current supporting cast over the T-Wolves supporting cast in any year KG has been there...Donyell Marshall, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Larry Hughes, Andre Varejao, Eric Snow, Damon Jones (equivalent to Troy Hudson).

The only advantage that the Timberwolves have is that Flip Saunders is their coach at the time...

Let's not forget that the Timberwolves ran into this team: Gary Payton, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, prime Shaq.

It's safe to say that the current Cavs team would get swept by that team. The Timberwolves got by the Kings with Chris Webber (in his prime), Vlade Divac, Peja, Mike Bibby, Doug Christie, and Bobby Jackson.

Don't downplay what KG did in that season. He did whatever it took to win. He was one of the most clutch players in the league, and was the league MVP. When Cassell went down, the Timberwolves didn't have a point guard. So KG stepped up and ran the point. When they played the Kings, he guarded Chris Webber, Peja, or Bibby...

Please explain to me why Lebron James is better than a prime KG...because he obviously isn't...
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:36 PM   #40
skillswithaz
I bust ghosts

skillswithaz has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Come In Peace

He was on his way too when McHale fired the coach and put an incompetent one in his spot. Mike James has sucked repeatedly, Marko Jaric's claim to fame is getting hit by Kobe, and Randy Foye is an inconsistent rookie. Craig Smith might have a future, but the Wolves need something better, a good basketball player. Mark Blount has to be the worst starting center in the league. Rashad McCants doesn't know what the word defense means. Ricky Davis has his good sparks of play, but he's very inconsistent and has a low basketball IQ.

That's why KG didn't go to the playoffs this season.
skillswithaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:41 PM   #41
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

at the KG fans trying to downplay Cassell and Spree. Cassell averaged like 21 and 8 that year, throw in his clutchness and dude was a top 5 PG that year.

Spree stepped it up in the playoffs, in fact, against the Kings, him and Cassell killed the Kings. Not saying KG didn't do well, he got his. But every game, either Cassell or Spree stepped up and had a monster game.

Lebron's cast right now is better than KG's cast that year? Get outta here. Sam Cassell that year was better than anyone Lebron has now. Troy Hudson, just the year before Cassell got there, was sthe starting PG and lit up the Lakers for like 20 a game in the playoffs. But you wanna compare him to Damon Jones?

I'm not here to argue KG vs Lebron, I have no opinon on who is better, but you KG fans are flat out wrong for saying his cast sucked in 04. Cassell was more clutch and hit more big shots in the playoffs that year than KG did.
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:43 PM   #42
Skywalker
LFC|JAYS|RAPS|VIKES

Quote:
Spree stepped it up in the playoffs, in fact, against the Kings, him and Cassell killed the Kings. Not saying KG didn't do well, he got his. But every game, either Cassell or Spree stepped up and had a monster game.

what happened in game 7 again? remind me

and I'm not downplaying Cassell, but he was injured and KG still took the HOF Lakers to 6. LeBron would be swept, with a better cast.
Old 05-20-2007, 08:51 PM   #43
EricForman
Good college starter

EricForman has decent reputationEricForman has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skywalker
what happened in game 7 again? remind me

and I'm not downplaying Cassell, but he was injured and KG still took the HOF Lakers to 6. LeBron would be swept, with a better cast.

Are you talking about KG's game 7 or Sprees?

What does one game have to do with anything? I'm not trying tos ay they're more important than KG, but they were good. Cassell is better than anyone Lebron has ever played with in the league. That's fact. Don't try to downplay KG's cast to make him look better. Comparing Troy Hudson to Damon Jones?
EricForman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 09:07 PM   #44
I Come In Peace
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
that is hilarious...stellar supporting cast...an old Sprewell who only ever played 1 season after that year...Sam Cassell who had a good year, but got injured once it mattered in the playoffs. and then there was all of those other great players like umm..umm...Mark Madsen? Troy Hudson? Oh of course, how could I forget about Wally Szcerbiak. Him and his 28 games played the entire year.

Do some research before you consider KG's supporting cast "stellar"

I'd take Lebron's current supporting cast over the T-Wolves supporting cast in any year KG has been there...Donyell Marshall, Drew Gooden, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Larry Hughes, Andre Varejao, Eric Snow, Damon Jones (equivalent to Troy Hudson).
The only advantage that the Timberwolves have is that Flip Saunders is their coach at the time...

Let's not forget that the Timberwolves ran into this team: Gary Payton, Kobe Bryant, Karl Malone, prime Shaq.

It's safe to say that the current Cavs team would get swept by that team. The Timberwolves got by the Kings with Chris Webber (in his prime), Vlade Divac, Peja, Mike Bibby, Doug Christie, and Bobby Jackson.

Don't downplay what KG did in that season. He did whatever it took to win. He was one of the most clutch players in the league, and was the league MVP. When Cassell went down, the Timberwolves didn't have a point guard. So KG stepped up and ran the point. When they played the Kings, he guarded Chris Webber, Peja, or Bibby...

Please explain to me why Lebron James is better than a prime KG...because he obviously isn't...
You mean the same supporting cast that one player average atleast 10 points a game in the playoffs last year? How do you compare that to KG's teammtes in '04? Okay let's see...

Wolves Playoff Roster '04

...had three players other than KG to average 15 points game.

....and they did that in the SO, SO, SO, SO tough West. How can you campre that with a roster (Cavs in '06) that didn't have one player average 11 points a game for the entire playoffs in the WEAK, WEAK, WEAK East?

Do me a favor and no longer respond to me. You're an idiot and you are no longer worthy of my repsonses. Next.
Old 05-20-2007, 10:12 PM   #45
Raindrops
I hit open layups

Raindrops has an OK reputation so far

The stupidity in this thread is just terrible. The correct answer is KG. Best rebounder in the league, one of the best defenders in the league, and doesnt freeze the ball on offense like Lebron does. But hey i guess Lebron scores 3 more points a game than Garnett did in his prime, just ignore defense, rebounding, clutch play, and beating good teams in the playoffs, nah forget all that crap. Wanna know why the Wolves didnt make the playoffs?
1. Randy Wittman = worst head coach in the league
2. Mike James = among the top 5 worst starting point guards in the league
3. Mark Blount = one skill and one skill only: hitting 18 footers, forget rebounding , defense, hustle, inside play, or just even catching the damn ball
Raindrops is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: