Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #76
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: NBA Match-up: Who'd You Rather Have For One Season, Prime KG or A 22-Year Old LeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by skillswithaz
That was retarded...totally offtopic. Not even closed to being owned.

In fact I took the time to his little novel, and I'd say you just got owned quite badly...

Don't mind me, I'm just verbose.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:28 PM   #77
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Default Re: NBA Match-up: Who'd You Rather Have For One Season, Prime KG or A 22-Year Old LeB

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Don't mind me, I'm just verbose.

Sometimes, I'm even loquatious.
Old 05-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #78
Cavsfan
Banned

Cavsfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by JalenRawley
Sometimes, I'm even loquatious.

You need to take your pills.
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:33 PM   #79
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cavsfan
You need to take your pills.

I don't have any pills. All I have is this little bowl right here, and this lighter over here. And the strangest part is, no matter how much I abuse these two objects, you still aren't getting any funnier.

Hedberg on the other hand, is cracking me up :)
Old 05-21-2007, 08:28 PM   #80
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter

Richie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRichie2k6 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackMoses
This is what I've seen from Post-Season Lebron: Taken his team, both of which were horribly constructed, to the second round twice (something KG never managed to do). Hit game winners against the Wiz on multiple occasions. Sweep the Wizards this year, as well as take down a veteran squad in the Nets. Then last year, as a playoff rookie, he took what was then considered the best team in basketball to SEVEN games. All the while playing with a bunch of scrubs. Even though it is the weak east, Lebron has been to the second round twice, and he is only 22. KG has only been there once, and he is nearly at the end of his prime. Sorry folks, KG just doesn't get it done at the end of the day.

I'm talking about hitting game winning shots, not carrying your team through the Playoffs. Remember that game against Dallas? Look it up. Remember that game against Detroit? Look it up.

Quote:
both of which were horribly constructed
Horribly constructed? Oh please. Don't act like the Cavs a bunch of 2 year olds. They're a good TEAM with good PLAYERS. Lebron doesn't do everything - the Cavs as a team are great. Don't make it seem like Lebron is a God here.

Quote:
Sweep the Wizards this year, as well as take down a veteran squad in the Nets.
Yeah, sweep the injured Wizards. As for the Nets, PAVLOVIC was doing a good job guarding stupid Vince Carter, so he wasn't too effective during the series. Just another prime example of how the Cavs as a TEAM are great.

Quote:
Then last year, as a playoff rookie, he took what was then considered the best team in basketball to SEVEN games.
Good for him. Again, I'm talking about big game winning shots.

Quote:
All the while playing with a bunch of scrubs.
Bull.

Quote:
Even though it is the weak east, Lebron has been to the second round twice, and he is only 22.
Yeah. Key words there: it is the weak east. I'd like to see him get past the Rockets or jazz or Spurs or Suns to get to the second round. Jynxing Arenas last year to make him miss clutch shots, and beating the Wizards without Butler and Arenas, are not too hard to do.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:47 PM   #81
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie2k6
I'm talking about hitting game winning shots, not carrying your team through the Playoffs. Remember that game against Dallas? Look it up. Remember that game against Detroit? Look it up.

Horribly constructed? Oh please. Don't act like the Cavs a bunch of 2 year olds. They're a good TEAM with good PLAYERS. Lebron doesn't do everything - the Cavs as a team are great. Don't make it seem like Lebron is a God here.

Yeah, sweep the injured Wizards. As for the Nets, PAVLOVIC was doing a good job guarding stupid Vince Carter, so he wasn't too effective during the series. Just another prime example of how the Cavs as a TEAM are great.

Good for him. Again, I'm talking about big game winning shots.
Bull.
Yeah. Key words there: it is the weak east. I'd like to see him get past the Rockets or jazz or Spurs or Suns to get to the second round. Jynxing Arenas last year to make him miss clutch shots, and beating the Wizards without Butler and Arenas, are not too hard to do.

Lebron's team is really nothing to write home about. Although Z is one of the better centers in the league, he's horribly out of place with Lebron. Z is a slow, plodding, half-court center, when Lebron needs to be running. Larry Hughes is a above average swingman, but the Cavs would have been much better off with Joe Johnson, Ray Allen, or Michael Redd. Then the Cavs signed the one year wonder, Damon Jones, to a fairly sizeable contract. Damon is a good role player, if there are two established stars on the court at the same time. With just Lebron out there, he is ineffective. Donyell Marshall played his butt off in Toronto for a new contract, and proceeded to stink it up (Tim Thomas style).

Pavolovich has been a nice find, same with Gooden and Varejao, but as a team the Cavs are not very well constructed around LBJ.

Look at the Cavalier's draft history in the past 7 years: Dajuan Wagner (BUST), Desagana Diop (BUST), Luke Jackson (BUST)

Now obviously the same management mistakes apply to KG. He should get a pass for his inept front office. However, LBJ has managed to get his team past the first round twice at the age of 22, where KG has only done it once. Sorry to be stubborn, but I can't get over that.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:07 AM   #82
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

Lebron hasnt done anything this postseason to impress me. he defeated a beat up wizards team that played without there 2 all stars, and then beat a under 500 team. he was suppose to win. i want him to lead his team where they are challenged. if they defeat detroit he will deserve the praise but i dont think he stands a chance at this point in his young career
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:29 AM   #83
Cavsfan
Banned

Cavsfan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
Lebron hasnt done anything this postseason to impress me. he defeated a beat up wizards team that played without there 2 all stars, and then beat a under 500 team. he was suppose to win. i want him to lead his team where they are challenged. if they defeat detroit he will deserve the praise but i dont think he stands a chance at this point in his young career

Game 2, is a must win situation for the Cavaliers I hope the real Lebron James shows up in Game 2 and be much offensively minded.

Cavs really needs a pass first PG at this point and i hope they shop for a legit PG in the off season.

Lebron is your main offensive weapon and he is not the ultimate playmaker.

Last edited by Cavsfan : 05-22-2007 at 06:42 AM.
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: