Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #1
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Does Dumars regret losses of Darko and Carlos?

In light of the Ben Wallace defection to the Bulls, do you think Dumars regrets giving away two talents, Darko and Arroyo, for basically nothing to the Magic?

I mean, wouldn't having Darko on the team now to possibly replace Ben look good right now?

A little short sighted by Joe Dumars....

bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:31 PM   #2
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

No he hates Big Ben for being a sellout. And regrets trying to keep that maggot around.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #3
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Question She begs and she plays...Let them go...leave her numb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
In light of the Ben Wallace defection to the Bulls, do you think Dumars regrets giving away two talents, Darko and Arroyo, for basically nothing to the Magic?

I mean, wouldn't having Darko on the team now to possibly replace Ben look good right now?

A little short sighted by Joe Dumars....

They should regret that they let most of their front court go for nothing. They let Mehmet Okur walk to the Jazz...Trade Darko and Carlos Arroyo for Kelvin Cato? He's walking as a free agent.

So yeah, they regret it. The only thing they don't regret is that they save some cap space but for what, Nazr Mohammad?
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:02 AM   #4
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Arroyo sucks and I think hardly any Pistons fans miss him.

Darko, I've been a Darko fan since day 1 and wish he would have stayed but he hated it here. Not like we traded him for nothin; we've got a lottery pick coming unless the Magic have an amazing season, or an awful season.

Memo was super overpaid by the Jazz, is soft and doesn't fit the image, and would of had Davidson paying luxury tax out the ass.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:08 AM   #5
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Exclamation Feel the laughter....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces

Darko, I've been a Darko fan since day 1 and wish he would have stayed but he hated it here. Not like we traded him for nothin; we've got a lottery pick coming unless the Magic have an amazing season, or an awful season.

Memo was super overpaid by the Jazz, is soft and doesn't fit the image, and would of had Davidson paying luxury tax out the ass.

Well, now Detriot is left with Rasheed Wallace and Nazr Mohammad. Oh and McDyess.

None better than Ben Wallace. He did the right thing!
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 12:24 AM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

DeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDeuceWallaces is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Uhhh, I'd take Sheed over Ben any day. Nazr isn't as good now, but he's 3 years younger and makes 1/3.

Did you by any chance watch the playoffs the past 2 years? See how much Ben dominated? He relly tore it up.

/sarcasm off
Old 07-06-2006, 12:38 AM   #7
ihatekobenjordan
Banned

ihatekobenjordan has not been impressing people

Biggest lesson for all GMs out there: Never trade out a foreigner. Foreigners rule.
ihatekobenjordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:38 AM   #8
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan has not been impressing people

I'm sure that Joe D. wishes he had drafted Dwayne Wade.

Maybe Cleveland wishes that it had.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 08:06 AM   #9
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Or Utah fans.

Quote:

Yes at the time we were all thinking that Okur was overpaid until this season when he proved his worth.

Answer to the question though. No I don't think he regrets it. I don't think he regrets Ben leaving either, Ben will have at best 2 more decent years.
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Darko?? Sure. Every team could use a young bigman. Although the big regret here is actually drafting him over the MANY better players behind him.

Arroyo?? I doubt anyone gives a damn about him...
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:31 AM   #11
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

SYOrangeMan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

I think he wishes that he had drafted Bosh instead. Bosh would have been like a more obedient Rasheed. Rasheed has a further range though.

Quote:

I think that's exactly what the Magic are gonna have. Jameer Nelson with two rebounding monsters. Imagine if Darko beefs up just like Dwight Howard? Brian Hill has stated that Darko becoming bigger is very likely to happen. With those 2 at PF and C, I'd hate to see a team like Phoenix (Without Amare) with small men going against them.
SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:40 AM   #12
allball
National High School Star

allball has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan

Hey that was uncalled for buddy. And believe me they drafted the right guy. If they hadnt Lebron would have went to Detroit. The rest of the league would have quit.
allball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #13
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool
Default re:

comon no one ever blames him/her self for anything.

if anything, Dumars is rationalizing that he is the best thing since sliced bread and that Ben was declining Shaq style.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #14
SYOrangeMan
I brick open layups

SYOrangeMan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by allball
Hey that was uncalled for buddy. And believe me they drafted the right guy. If they hadnt Lebron would have went to Detroit. The rest of the league would have quit.
Agreed
SYOrangeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 10:51 AM   #15
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

One thing the Pistons never wanted was for Darko to beef up. He has some of the highest ratings in the history of the NBA for big men in agility, lateral quickness, etc. Pistons made it a point to not put on too much weight so he wouldn't lose his greatest assets.
---
Plus, LB would have ruined anyone that he drafted. Any of them.

Did ya by chance catch the Olympics?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: