Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 05:01 AM   #1
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster
Default What Pistons Got and What They Lost

A look at how departing Pistons center Ben Wallace and incoming center Nazr Mohammed compare in their careers:

Quote:
BIG BEN

AGE 31

SCHOOL Va. Union

SIZE 6-9, 240

'06-'07 SALARY $14M

POINTS 6.6

BOARDS 10.7

BLOCKS 2.2

FT PCT .418

FG PCT .482

MINUTES 31.1

RINGS 1

Quote:
NAZR

AGE 28

SCHOOL Kentucky

SIZE 6-10, 250

'06-'07 SALARY $5M

POINTS 7.1

BOARDS 5.7

BLOCKS .60

FT PCT .660

FG PCT .478

MINUTES 18.8

RINGS 1

Last edited by Attila : 07-05-2006 at 05:38 AM.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:03 AM   #2
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

bigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbigkingsfan is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

On the bright side they can't hack a Nazr
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:04 AM   #3
Attila
National High School Star

Attila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected posterAttila is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
On the bright side they can't hack a Nazr
Yea, I was just thinking about that. Nazr looks pretty good. With about 7 more minutes added.
Attila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:18 AM   #4
SupermanOnSteroids
Local High School Star

SupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputationSupermanOnSteroids has a bad reputation

Well... they lost Ben Wallace and added Nazr.

They're worse off than they were last year and they didn't win it all last year.

Sorry Pistons fans. Go back to learning to wait for the draft.
SupermanOnSteroids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:24 AM   #5
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.
Lightbulb Young sinner...way before the year clocked out

Isn't Ben Wallace a 5 time Defensive Player of the Year?

Oh well, if it makes Pistone's fans happy, NAZR MOHAANNAD IS THE BSET THANG TO HAPPEN TO THE DETRIOT PISTONES!!!

GREAT OFFSEASON ACQUISITION!!!!
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 05:47 AM   #6
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Nazr is garbage. Don't even try to compare him to Wallace. The only trade Isiah made where he clearly came out on top, was when he dumped Mohammed for Malik and 2 picks (which ended up being David Lee and Mardy Collins).
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:26 AM   #7
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

How is that coming out on top? Giving away an expiring contract (and a servicable starting center of which there are about 10 in the entire league) for Malik (who was paid about a billion dollars a year for about 5000 years when they traded for him) and two late 1st round picks. It was another horrible trade. And led to the Curry debacle 6 months later.
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:34 AM   #8
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The real problem in Detroit is depth. They need to add bench depth, their starting five will be fine. The East was a walk in the park last year, the biggest reason besides the refs that Miami won the Championship, even the ultra deep Mavs were exhausted after going through Memphis, San Antonio and Phoenix. Now think about a team with a six-men rotation fighting those.
Depth is the key. If anyone has been weakened talentwise so far, it is San Antonio, but knowing them Pop must have an ace up his sleeve, or they really thought Przy was coming to town or they they will move Duncan to Center permanently.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:41 AM   #9
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Mohammed will start, but McDyess will get most of the run. Plus Davis will get minutes as well.

Now the Pistons have money to go after another wing player to guard the Nets duo of Carter/Jefferson and Wade with the Heat.

Chicago gets over the "Jordan" curse. Wallace is the first prominent free agent to sign with the Bulls since Jordan was kicked out of Chicago.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #10
hawkfan
Jeff Teague Fan

hawkfan is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semiprocappa
How is that coming out on top? Giving away an expiring contract (and a servicable starting center of which there are about 10 in the entire league) for Malik (who was paid about a billion dollars a year for about 5000 years when they traded for him) and two late 1st round picks. It was another horrible trade. And led to the Curry debacle 6 months later.

David Lee should become a good player this year with more playing time, which he should get under Isiah.

Frye and Lee should be a nice duo for the Knicks for the future.

There is hope in New York.
hawkfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:09 AM   #11
sydneyking
Banned

sydneyking has not been impressing people

Quote:
How is that coming out on top?
We got two young players for an overrated center and all it cost was a rental of Malik's contract (not really a bad thing since he is better than Nazr anyway). But I'd like to see you reasoning ...
Quote:
Giving away an expiring contract
Expiring contracts are only useful for teams which are close to being under the cap (i.e. not the Knicks). If you are talking about Jamison Brewer (which I assume you are) then you are an idiot. Stephon Marbury's contract pays him at least 15 times more per annum so Brewer's "expiring contract" was useless.
Quote:
and a servicable starting center of which there are about 10 in the entire league

This magical top 10 center played how many minutes in the second round? O RLY? And I guess the Spurs must have locked him up long term, right? O RLY WTF?
Quote:
for Malik who was paid about a billion dollars a year for about 5000 years when they traded for him

Nice touch. His contract is bad, but there's always a price to pay considering that we got ...
Quote:
two late 1st round picks
One of whom (David Lee) has shown more to me than Nazr Mohammed just in his rookie season.

Quote:
And led to the Curry debacle 6 months later.
Even more bullsh1t. If any trade led to the arrival of Eddy it was the Kurt Thomas one (btw Kurt >>>>>> Nazr).

I'm not going to claim that Isiah has done a good job. But the Nazr trade was great.
sydneyking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:18 AM   #12
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

the 2 statistics are hardly comparable, mohamed played half the time big ben did, if you look at nazr's best season he played 28 mpg, avergaing 10.9 ppg, 8.1 rpg, 1bpg, 1spg, shot 50% from the field and 70% from the line

which is very impressive, the pistons are getting a mich beter player offensivley, not as good a rebounder (but still quite good) and the big thing their missing is the defensive presence,

i would have thought that joel pryzibla would have been a better fit for the pistons than nazr
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #13
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

McDyess will be starting now, right? If he can be a starter for 30 minutes, I think the Pistons will be fine.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:12 AM   #14
NYKnicks914
Decent playground baller

NYKnicks914 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkfan
David Lee should become a good player this year with more playing time, which he should get under Isiah.

Frye and Lee should be a nice duo for the Knicks for the future.

There is hope in New York.
See:
(which is part my signature in other message boards that actually allow them)
NYKnicks914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 08:14 AM   #15
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation hereJohnnySic has an incredible reputation here

Looks like McDyess is gonna be starting.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: