Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-20-2007, 03:15 AM   #16
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: OT: What kind of Car do you drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
No one is going to believe your lame ass.

dont think hes lying. Anyways i drive a 97 Black Nissan Maxima. Nothing special but gets me where i need to go
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 03:43 AM   #17
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board

ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:09 AM   #18
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Ballastic has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR twin turbo

engine: 1994

performance mods: aftermarket turbo's, aftermarket power fc, aftermarket injectors, aftermarket fuel pump

370 horsepower. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 11.9 second quarter mile

Do you live in the US? If you do, how did you get the Skyline over here? Shouldve went with the R34.
Ballastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:15 AM   #19
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shep
1992 Nissan Skyline R32 GTR twin turbo

engine: 1994

performance mods: aftermarket turbo's, aftermarket power fc, aftermarket injectors, aftermarket fuel pump

370 horsepower. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 11.9 second quarter mile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Do you live in the US? If you do, how did you get the Skyline over here? Shouldve went with the R34.

Um yeah because those cars cant be used in the US for daily driving only for shows and sometimes track... There were approxamitely 15 of those cars in the states. The amount of money to get those cars to pass US inspection and shipped to the states is an arm and a leg!
I have to call BS on this until other wise proven...
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:27 AM   #20
Ballastic
<////////////}~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Um yeah because those cars cant be used in the US for daily driving only for shows and sometimes track... There were approxamitely 15 of those cars in the states. The amount of money to get those cars to pass US inspection and shipped to the states is an arm and a leg!
I have to call BS on this until other wise proven...

Its not impossible, more likely improbable and a waste of money for a car thats 15 years old. It would make more sense (and cents) to buy a Infiniti G35. Heres part of an artilce I found on Edmunds.com:

How to Buy One
Most Skylines in America ultimately come from Motorex in Torrance, California. Nissan never exported any Skylines to the United States, so a few had to be sacrificed to prove their crashworthiness to the Department of Transportation (DOT), and it's Motorex that did that testing. It's been applying what it's learned to producing DOT-approved Skyline GT-Rs ever since and has put somewhere between 170 and 180 on America's roads, says General Manager Quincy Yamada.

The conversion process is straightforward, explains Sean Morris, who used to work for Motorex before opening his own shop, RB Motoring specializing in Skylines. "The biggest thing was proving to the DOT that they were crashworthy," he says. Getting the car's emissions in line takes some work, but it's doable. Then there are dozens of details like making sure all the labels and identification numbers on the car conform to standards that go into making a car strictly legal.

A few less-than-strictly-legal Skylines have snuck into the U.S. and registered. But if law enforcement catches up with one, it's likely to be confiscated and exported or worse. If you want to import a GT-R yourself, be prepared to learn all the intricacies of certification that a company like Motorex already knows. And Motorex isn't sharing its knowledge.

But if you're determined to go it alone, start with the Web sites of the federal agencies with which you'll be dealing: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Customs. All three are packed with information on importing vehicles, but none make the task appear less than daunting.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105699
Old 05-20-2007, 07:36 AM   #21
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballastic
Its not impossible, more likely improbable and a waste of money for a car thats 15 years old. It would make more sense (and cents) to buy a Infiniti G35. Heres part of an artilce I found on Edmunds.com:

How to Buy One
Most Skylines in America ultimately come from Motorex in Torrance, California. Nissan never exported any Skylines to the United States, so a few had to be sacrificed to prove their crashworthiness to the Department of Transportation (DOT), and it's Motorex that did that testing. It's been applying what it's learned to producing DOT-approved Skyline GT-Rs ever since and has put somewhere between 170 and 180 on America's roads, says General Manager Quincy Yamada.

The conversion process is straightforward, explains Sean Morris, who used to work for Motorex before opening his own shop, RB Motoring specializing in Skylines. "The biggest thing was proving to the DOT that they were crashworthy," he says. Getting the car's emissions in line takes some work, but it's doable. Then there are dozens of details like making sure all the labels and identification numbers on the car conform to standards that go into making a car strictly legal.

A few less-than-strictly-legal Skylines have snuck into the U.S. and registered. But if law enforcement catches up with one, it's likely to be confiscated and exported — or worse. If you want to import a GT-R yourself, be prepared to learn all the intricacies of certification that a company like Motorex already knows. And Motorex isn't sharing its knowledge.

But if you're determined to go it alone, start with the Web sites of the federal agencies with which you'll be dealing: The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the Environmental Protection Agency and U.S. Customs. All three are packed with information on importing vehicles, but none make the task appear less than daunting.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=105699
they downplay the amount of vehicles that had to meet there doom to get it passed.... I believe its about 5 for crashes alone, I think 2 had to be in pieces for inspection labeled...

In the states I drove a '97 Nissan Altima and '90 Nissan 240 SX Fastback...
My dream is to have a 96 Supra Twin Turbo or Nissan Skyline Twin Turbo

Last edited by Rameek : 05-20-2007 at 07:45 AM.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 07:40 AM   #22
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

MaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this boardMaxFly is popular on this board

I drive and '02 Mitsubishi Lancer.

Mine has a spoiler.
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 08:23 AM   #23
Ballastic
<////////////}~

I used to drive a Lexus GS300, retrofitted Q45 headlights, bodykit, new paint job, sold it before I had the chance to go all out with a Japanese VIP widebody kit, man I miss that car. I found this pic from the guy I sold it to from clublexus.com

I drive an 06 Toyota 4Runner now, plan on getting some 22's and maybe retrofitting a pair of Q45 projectors in them too.

Ive always been a fan of the Supra as well as the NSX.

Last edited by Ballastic : 05-20-2007 at 08:26 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:48 AM   #24
bayarea07
Kids at the park dunk on me

bayarea07 has not been impressing people

a cb7 aka 90-93 accord

lowered, rims, exhaust, intake. and little mods here and there

290k on it and runnin strong.
bayarea07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:03 AM   #25
Take Your Lumps
Ho Ho Ho

Take Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation hereTake Your Lumps has an incredible reputation here

2004 Black Mazda3
Take Your Lumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:56 AM   #26
Alan
Good High School Starter

Alan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat coolAlan is considered somewhat cool

This is what I have. Not the one on the picture but same model, color etc.

Alan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #27
funkylikemonkey
Football In The Groin

funkylikemonkey has an OK reputation so far

funkylikemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:40 AM   #28
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

mlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablemlh1981 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #29
-primetime-

2002 mercedes benz S430 silver w/ AMG package
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: