Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 11-01-2016, 11:14 PM   #1
kkinchen
High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Clarkson to the rescue

Clarkson needs to be our starting point guard. He doesn't really turn the ball over, can get his own shot at will, and is a very solid playmaker for us. Also, one of our better perimeter defenders. This lakers team can surpass expectation. It is just a matter of a little common sense.

Our proper rotation should be:

Clarkson/Russell/Ingram/Randle/Nance Jr
Williams/Young/Deng/Robinson/Black

Reserves:

Huertas/Calderon/Metta/Zubac/Mozgov
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
tamaraw08
Great college starter

Default Re: Clarkson to the rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by [U
kkinchen]Clarkson needs to be our starting point guard. He doesn't really turn the ball over, [/u]can get his own shot at will, and is a very solid playmaker for us. Also, one of our better perimeter defenders. This lakers team can surpass expectation. It is just a matter of a little common sense.

Our proper rotation should be:

Clarkson/Russell/Ingram/Randle/Nance Jr
Williams/Young/Deng/Robinson/Black

Reserves:

Huertas/Calderon/Metta/Zubac/Mozgov

What are you talking about. Clarkson actually is 2nd in turnovers at 2.8/game and he's not even trying to pass the ball,
Huertas and Calderon who play less than 12 mins per game has more assists than him. 7 other lakers including Mozgov and Nance are even better passers and have better court vision..
Not only that, JC is best in moving without the ball, slashing and taking his defender off the dribble and pulling up jumpers. You make him a PG and the offense will be even more stagnant bec guys like Lou, Randle, Russell love to get the ball on their hands and create for themselves.
tamaraw08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:05 PM   #3
kkinchen

Go back to the end of Clarkson's roookie season when he got thrust into the starting lineup becoming all-rookie first team. He was balling out from the point guard position. Plus he is a better defender than Young and Russell, so it is something we will need to stay on the lookout for if the team reverts back to getting off to slow starts in games.
Old 11-11-2016, 12:28 PM   #4
crisoner
10 plus years on ISH

Pinoy Mamba
crisoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2016, 09:49 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Oh what a wonderful life it is when this team is full of young talent, and we begin debating who is the better young laker.

While Clarkson has been terrific for where he was when we drafted him, I feel like he is a "what you see is what you get" player. He's very good, but the upside is there for Russel as long as he is is working on some of his weaker areas, such as attacking the basket more, and lessen the flashy passes.

Boy it is great to be back!

I hope you gentlemen missed me.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 02:35 AM   #6
kkinchen

Like I said, Clarkson is cold. I want to see him out there starting for the rest of the season. He can do what he did agains the 76ers most nights if given starter minutes.

I would like to see this rotation for the rest of the season....

Russell/Clarkson/Ingram/Randle/Zubac
Ennis/Nwaba/Brewer/Nance Jr/Black

Lets get it. Ennis would really thrive having those athletic guys he can throw lobs to, and Russ and Clarkson need to really establish themselves as the Swag Brothers. If Black doesn't handle his business I would mind seeing T Rob get some shine. Maybe Swaggy P could get some minutes at the 3 position.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: