Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-21-2007, 03:04 AM   #1
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation
Default Go for it Hawks, sign Theodorus Papaloukas

This greek point guard is ready to contribute in the NBA. He might be able to put the Hawks in the playoffs. His only downside is he's 30.

Take a look: http://youtube.com/watch?v=pgMS3GI_r...elated&search=
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:24 AM   #2
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Go for it Hawks, sign Theodorus Papaloukas

so i'm guessing he plays the point?

deron or paul would look great in a hawks uni right now.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:26 AM   #3
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

I expected much more from Vassilis Spanoulis this season. Hope he can bring it on next season.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 12:06 PM   #4
despurs
High School JV MVP

despurs has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by artificial
I expected much more from Vassilis Spanoulis this season. Hope he can bring it on next season.
With JVG gone he will probably get to play more.
despurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #5
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Sorry, let me explain a little about him. He's a 6'7 point guard with wonderful passing skills, a consistent outside shot, and solid defensive skills. He is widely considered the best proffesional player outside of the NBA. He led his team to the finals in the world's second toughest league twice I beleive.

He scored 22 points on Nowitzki to lead his team to victory against Germany. He made the all-tournament team in the last World Championships.

Anyways, he's damn good and you Hawks fans should be happy to hear rumors he's being considered in Atlana.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:46 PM   #6
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

30 for a rookie seems really old to spend a top lottery pick on, especially when the rest of your team is so young. id rather trade that pick for chauncey billups and gain a veteran leader for the young guys.

hopefully the hawks dont go after another SF.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:11 PM   #7
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Past the age of 22 players dont get drafted. They are automatically eligible for the draft at this age and when undrafted recieve the status of "unsigned free agent". So obviously the Hawks could just sign Papaloukas. And obviously Papaloukas wouldnt sign with then since money isnt the issue and he would want to win in the NBA. Unless a title/playoff contender offers an contract he isnt coming to the US. Which is a shame, there are few of his ability in the league.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:13 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
Sorry, let me explain a little about him. He's a 6'7 point guard with wonderful passing skills, a consistent outside shot, and solid defensive skills. He is widely considered the best proffesional player outside of the NBA. He led his team to the finals in the world's second toughest league twice I beleive.

He scored 22 points on Nowitzki to lead his team to victory against Germany. He made the all-tournament team in the last World Championships.

Anyways, he's damn good and you Hawks fans should be happy to hear rumors he's being considered in Atlana.

Overrating an unknown euro. Stop it.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:18 PM   #9
JalenRawley
Local High School Star

JalenRawley has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
30 for a rookie seems really old to spend a top lottery pick on, especially when the rest of your team is so young. id rather trade that pick for chauncey billups and gain a veteran leader for the young guys.

A lottery pick, sure, but a first rounder? Maybe not. Dean Garrett was 30 when the Wolves picked him up and got basically one good year out of him. How old is Garbajosa? Isn't he up there in age too? Although, maybe Garbajosa isn't a very good example, since he mangled his foot this year.
JalenRawley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 06:45 PM   #10
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21

Players aren't draft eligible after 22 ir 23 years old. Theodorus Papaloukas can be signed by the highest bidder.

On a side note does this thread not remind anyone else of Chad Ford convincing NBA GM's and the general public that Darko Milicic was a future star?
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #11
qwerty
(o_0)

qwerty has decent reputationqwerty has decent reputation

Quote:

6'7 and point guard don't mix. See: Shaun Livingston.
qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:49 PM   #12
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

JohnnyBravo5 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

We drafted Boris Diaw because we thought that he could be a 6'7 magic johnson like pg because Jason Terry was not an effective point for us. A couple of years ago we drafted Cenk Akyol from Turkey who is a 6'5 combo guard. Reports are that he isn't progressing all that much. So we'll pass on another Euro. We will probably draft Crittenden or Conley if he is there.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:05 PM   #13
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Players aren't draft eligible after 22 ir 23 years old. Theodorus Papaloukas can be signed by the highest bidder.
On a side note does this thread not remind anyone else of Chad Ford convincing NBA GM's and the general public that Darko Milicic was a future star?

Only idiots.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:49 PM   #14
Psileas
NBA lottery pick

Psileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPsileas is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Overrating an unknown euro. Stop it.

Do you know many players (esp. European) outside America? Papaloukas is among the most well-known Europeans of the last 5 years and reasonably so. All-European team twice in a row (as a 6th player, mind you), European champion with Greece, Silver medalist in the WBC, 2 consecutive Final-4 appearances (one time champion and Finals' MVP and one time finalist), Euroleague assist leader, multiple time Russian champion with CCKA Moscow and among the very few Europeans to record a triple double (he has more than 1 actually), etc.
Psileas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #15
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juvenile
Past the age of 22 players dont get drafted. They are automatically eligible for the draft at this age and when undrafted recieve the status of "unsigned free agent".
International players become draft eligible automatically at 22.

American college players do not. Francisco Garcia, for example, entered the draft early as a junior at 23 years of age.

You may be fully aware of that. I just can't tell by your statement because you didn't say anything about it.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: