Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-21-2007, 11:00 PM   #16
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Go for it Hawks, sign Theodorus Papaloukas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleTech
so i'm guessing he plays the point?

deron or paul would look great in a hawks uni right now.

true man

when your bad like the hawks have been for the last 7 years...you build your team around a pg...which the Hawks failed to do....hopefully they make the right choice this year and pick Mike Congley Jr.
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:10 PM   #17
final.wrath
Banned

final.wrath has decent reputationfinal.wrath has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Overrating an unknown euro. Stop it.

he's not an unknown euro man. he's the biggest name in international basketball.

you guys have all answered pretty ignorantly. you don't even know who he is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwerty
6'7 and point guard don't mix. See: Shaun Livingston.

what a foolish response
------------------------

he wants to try the NBA and has hired a new agent. the hawks would probably snag him for 5-7 million. thats money saved if you consider the price of the PGs on the free agent market. they could use their pick (which they aren't even guaranteed) to draft a center.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:17 PM   #18
DieHardBullsFan
Da Bulls! Da Bears!

DieHardBullsFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by final.wrath
he's not an unknown euro man. he's the biggest name in international basketball.

you guys have all answered pretty ignorantly. you don't even know who he is.

what a foolish response
------------------------

he wants to try the NBA and has hired a new agent. the hawks would probably snag him for 5-7 million. thats money saved if you consider the price of the PGs on the free agent market. they could use their pick (which they aren't even guaranteed) to draft a center.

I'll give you some more that are 6-6 and up and dont mix at the PG position:

Jamal Crawford
Jalen Rose
DieHardBullsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:19 PM   #19
A-MATT
Banned

A-MATT has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by despurs
With JVG gone he will probably get to play more.

With Adelman in, i expect everyone to get a chance.
A-MATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:21 PM   #20
final.wrath
Banned

please. its not the size that determines whether the point guard is a good player. but having the size is an advantage.

wow this is kind of frustrating. some people actually thought he could be drafted at age 30...most people don't even know who he is. seems like very few people read the rumors page article either.

one hawks fan even dared to dismiss him because he's a euro. its not the nationality that matters guys. its the skill of the player.

i'm telling you. whoever signs this guy will be very very happy.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:22 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psileas
Do you know many players (esp. European) outside America? Papaloukas is among the most well-known Europeans of the last 5 years and reasonably so. All-European team twice in a row (as a 6th player, mind you), European champion with Greece, Silver medalist in the WBC, 2 consecutive Final-4 appearances (one time champion and Finals' MVP and one time finalist), Euroleague assist leader, multiple time Russian champion with CCKA Moscow and among the very few Europeans to record a triple double (he has more than 1 actually), etc.

Doesnt matter....no one in America for the most part knows about this guy. Hyping him up like its been written is cute and dandy but the bottomline is? He is an unknown euro here. I'm not convinced nor moved by his accomplishments. But yes send the 30yr old over here. See how "impactful" he can/will be. He'll have to make me eat my words before i listen to the hype of a select few who know of/about him overseas. Period.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 11:29 PM   #22
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Doesnt matter....no one in America for the most part knows about this guy. Hyping him up like its been written is cute and dandy but the bottomline is? He is an unknown euro here. I'm not convinced nor moved by his accomplishments. But yes send the 30yr old over here. See how "impactful" he can/will be. He'll have to make me eat my words before i listen to the hype of a select few who know of/about him overseas. Period.

he is only "unknown" to less knowledgable fans. which is a lot of people I guess. I'm pretty ignorant of international basketball myself and even I've heard of him. I guess you didn't watch him shred team USA up in the Worlds either.

Do some research before you dismiss him as a random euro.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:34 PM   #23
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
he is only "unknown" to less knowledgable fans. which is a lot of people I guess. I'm pretty ignorant of international basketball myself and even I've heard of him. I guess you didn't watch him shred team USA up in the Worlds either.

Do some research before you dismiss him as a random euro.

Ohhh no the "expect" on the euro.

I love when fans latch onto the nads of a euro by reading his bio and become sold. Then relaying his career to people and the first signs of them not knowing nor caring they act like they have thier superior f*cking knowledge of the guy. Hilarious...make some more zanny comments in result to this guy. Come on, tell us how special he will be some more. Huge steal like EVERRRRR.

Get a grip kid. There are always fans on this board who think they have an international player figured out. And that they just KNOWN the deal. So you're knowledable on his career overseas....but here is the thing. Explain how that exactly translate to the NBA. Can you tell me or will your reply and the reply of others simple be "You just wait and see"?

Do some research = reading analysis of someone who actually saw the guy and regurgitating it as your own. Thats rich...never done that before. Let me go grab a f*cking euro, read up on him then claim he will be this and that. Then double dare a mofo to say otherwise or even diss the guy I "Read" up on. A lot of guys had success vs Team USA. WTF does that mean? Get out of here kid. Call me back when you've watched actual game footage of this man. My care factor meter will start to rise ok?

Last edited by GOBB : 05-21-2007 at 11:37 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:43 PM   #24
final.wrath
Banned

gobb you spend all day on your computer being mean and argumentative. you need help. you call people "kid" so you feel superior. You jump from thread to thread and bully people, constantly defending your supremecy on the board. That is until the next time a mod gets annoyed enough to ban you again and you resort to another alias. grow up.

YOU'RE the one who doesn't know anything about him. If you don't want to read up on him or watch any game footage then fine. But then don't act like you have anything knowledgable to contribute to the conversation.

Last edited by final.wrath : 05-21-2007 at 11:50 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:17 AM   #25
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
gobb you spend all day on your computer being mean and argumentative.

No I dont. I sleep, eat, shyt, work, run errands. Only 24hrs in a day and all 24 arent spent here to argue with you and your thoughts on Theo Huxtible or whatever his friggin name is (can you see my care factor is low still?).

Quote:
you need help. you call people "kid" so you feel superior.

I call people kid the same way someone calls people dude. If you're offended? Well good. I'm not gonna apologize after i explained why I use kid, kid.

Quote:
You jump from thread to thread and bully people, constantly defending your supremecy on the board.

So why dont you do what Disney movies do when they have bullies in them? Go find someone to stand up to the Bully, kick him in the nuts and have a unanimous "YEA!!! " scream by all the victims

Quote:
That is until the next time a mod gets annoyed enough to ban you again and you resort to another alias. grow up.

Mods ban me because I insult and attack posters irrelevant to the topic. They ban me because someone reports my post 30 times and they get annoyed with 30 report messages by the same kid. I dont get banned for what I've said in this thread. It aint gonna happen.

*currently my care factor for theodore rosevelt is still low*

Quote:
YOU'RE the one who doesn't know anything about him.

And I didnt know anything about Darko until I read the hype either. Here in America? My country tis of thee sweet land of liberty mofo for thee i sing? WE scout college prospects. We hear, read and actually se HS prospects perform and play (thanks to a nba rule we can see them also in college). Sorry I'm not in tune with the international mega star like you are. You're infatuated with a 30yr old and hyping him up as an impactful one at that. Funny to me. How many games have you seen him play vs other teams? Hold that thought.

Quote:
If you don't want to read up on him or watch any game footage then fine. But then don't act like you have anything knowledgable to contribute to the conversation.

You've done nothing but hype this guy up.

"He might be able to put the Hawks in the playoffs."

Old 05-22-2007, 01:02 AM   #26
IBALL.
I hit open layups

IBALL. has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
If you don't want to read up on him or watch any game footage then fine. But then don't act like you have anything knowledgable to contribute to the conversation.

Personally I've seen this guy play nearly 7-8 times this year between the NBA Pre season and EuroLeague games on NBATV (he's not very fast but is tall/strong at the point and he can shoot but not pure point guard=slow version of Deron Williams) and I can honestly say that Papaloukas is a good Euro player but that his specific game will not transfer greatly enough in the NBA to take the Hawks to the playoffs (he's not "that" good). Hawks will make playoffs if they get #1 & #11 draft picks and select Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr.
IBALL. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:04 AM   #27
IBALL.
I hit open layups

Quote:

Personally I've seen this guy play nearly 7-8 times this year between the NBA Pre season and EuroLeague games on NBATV (he's not very fast but is tall/strong at the point and he can shoot but not pure point guard=slow version of Deron Williams) and I can honestly say that Papaloukas is a good Euro player but that his specific game will not transfer greatly enough in the NBA to take the Hawks to the playoffs (he's not "that" good)so Ill have to agree with . Hawks will make playoffs if they get #1 & #11 draft picks and select Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:26 AM   #28
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBALL.

Personally I've seen this guy play nearly 7-8 times this year between the NBA Pre season and EuroLeague games on NBATV (he's not very fast but is tall/strong at the point and he can shoot but not pure point guard=slow version of Deron Williams) and I can honestly say that Papaloukas is a good Euro player but that his specific game will not transfer greatly enough in the NBA to take the Hawks to the playoffs (he's not "that" good). Hawks will make playoffs if they get #1 & #11 draft picks and select Greg Oden and Mike Conley Jr.

I don't think the Hawks need much more than a healthy season and continued growth of their core to make the playoffs. If they had a solid point that is. Oden AND Conley is overkill.

Last edited by final.wrath : 05-22-2007 at 01:28 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 01:38 AM   #29
IBALL.
I hit open layups

Quote:
Joe Johnson and Josh Smith could probably lead the team to the playoffs by themselves without Oden so what makes you think they would need Oden AND Mike Conley Jr. Honestly all the Hawks need is a good point and continued growth of their core.

T-Pop
Joe Johnson I don't think the Hawks need much more than a healthy season and continued growth of their core to make the playoffs. If they had a solid point that is. Oden AND Conley is overkill.

My Oden/Conley was merely hypothetical/wishful Draft Day thinking but seriously it's been 2 yrs. and where has Joe Johnson led them? (BTW at the time (2005 season) I agreed w/ the one and only part-owner of the Hawks who DID NOT think Joe Johnson was worth the asking price.)
Old 05-22-2007, 04:52 AM   #30
Sharas
Great college starter

Sharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat coolSharas is considered somewhat cool

ask team usa how good he is.
IMO, if hawks don't manage to draft conley AND can get him for mid-range exception - they should get him.

he's point guard in truest sense of the word, very few players at any level can rival his gift for running the offense, basketball IQ and passing skills. way he manages to get to the basket despitephysical limitations reminds me of sam cassell. he's proven leader and clutch player. however his athleticism isn't that good and shooting skills are quite average.
Sharas is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: