Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-05-2006, 10:31 PM   #1
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

Default If there was a chance to get LeBron...

Who would you give up from the Bulls to get LeBron?

I'd give up Tyrus Thomas, Loul Deng, Ben Gordon and a first round draft pick. Is that too much?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 09:31 AM   #2
Pombal
Banned

Lebron is one of those players, that you will never get :)
Pombal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 11:35 AM   #3
KnicksFan4Life
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombal

well put
KnicksFan4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2006, 05:50 AM   #4
Bill Swerski

Dave Stern will get the triple-evil, masonic-Jew gang in there,
serving Bron's family breakfast when they wake up,
with cops there to f#@k up the james family if they disagree....
and LeBron will not have a f#@king choice but to go to NY, or Chicago...

Stern would love to bank on Bron in a mass market...

I would too...

"....All your #23 are belong to us...."

BTW, Us = Bulls

....If not...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pombal
Old 07-07-2006, 10:51 AM   #5
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

I think Lebron has a great thing going for himself in Cleveland. He grew up there, went to high school in Akron and was going to go to college there too. His dream came true when the Cavs got the first pick and took him, and he is such a celebrity nationwide that it doesn't matter where he goes. The problem is, the Cavs will never do poorly enough with him on the team to get a good draft pick to help the team out, and they will end up paying him so much that they won't be able to get the players they need in free agency. I think the best plan for him is to try and stick it out in Cleveland, but I think he will end up leaving, maybe not next year, but he will.

That having been said, I would like to see him in a Bulls uniform. He would be a great addition to the team, but I don't think we need him or should try to get him when he tests out the free agent market next summer. Yes, he is a complete player, but only offensively. He thrives so well on mediocre teams, much like KG, because he is the go-to guy. However, he would eat into the playing time of all our other young guys, and we wouldn't be able to resign them anyways with the huge salary he would command. He also doesn't fit well into the system. He can't play defense, and though I would much rather have him on my team than play against him, I can't see it working out well for us in the long run. Just my opinion...
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 09:20 AM   #6
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
Dave Stern will get the triple-evil, masonic-Jew gang in there,
serving Bron's family breakfast when they wake up,
with cops there to f#@k up the james family if they disagree....
and LeBron will not have a f#@king choice but to go to NY, or Chicago...

Stern would love to bank on Bron in a mass market...

I would too...

"....All your #23 are belong to us...."

BTW, Us = Bulls

....If not...
Actually, Stern's been interviewed many times on that subject. He'd rather him stay in the smaller market so they make money in the smaller markets. They'll make money in NY, Chicago and LA no matter what. It's better for the NBA if he stays in Cleveland. As much as you wanna think he's going to Chicago, or LA, or NY/Brooklyn, I doubt it...
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #7
mikelooper
Can barely lace up my sneakers

The Cavs dont have a choice, whether or not they want to give Bron up...If he doesnt sign the extension he will be a free agent...And this will be a great oppotunity for the Bulls to get LeBron b/c the General Manager who signed LeBron is John Paxson Brother, Jim Paxson... And now Jim is apart of the Chicago Bulls Staff...so now do the math...they might be bringing down that 23 jersey in the raptures!!!!!!!!
mikelooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2006, 04:07 PM   #8
mikelooper

To the guy who said LeBron thrives on weak teams obviously did not see LeBron vs. the Pistons in the PLAYOFFS!!! He almost single handedly beat them, so how dare you say he's only good against weak teams n he lacks defense...You sound ignorant... LeBron is a stat stuffer and does everything exceptionly well besides hit jumpers, but even that is coming well...LeBron can't be guarded, Loves to take the last shot, and is a team player...everything you need to be a great player...and he still is nowhere near his prime which is very scary!!!
Old 07-08-2006, 04:41 PM   #9
mikelooper

Default LeBron will be Captured, Bring the 23 out the Raptures

I would trade everyone except Gordon, Hinrich, Tyrus, & Nocioni. Gordon and Hinrich are a threat from anywhere on the floor shooting the Ball. So with Lebron's penetrating and dishing they would have some wide open shots. The Bulls were 2nd overall in three point shooting and were known as a jumpshooting team. Keep Tyrus b/c he has great athleticisim and would be a great target for Lebron around the rim. And Nocioni brings toughness, defense and also like to attack the basket and can shoot from anywhere on the floor. For most of 05-06 season he was in the top 10 in shooting three pointers. Lebron would be a great addition to these group of players it is a perfect fit.

Lebron=Jordan
Tyrus=Scottie
Andres=Kukoc(w/ better defense & attacks basket more)
Hinrich=No ex Bulls fits him so:a little Stockton mixed w/ a little Nash
Gordon=John Paxson with athleticism and great ball handling ability

There is a great chance of this happening w/o the Bulls having to give up anyone if Lebron doesn't sign his extension and chooses to become a free agent...How could you not want to come to Chicago...The other two major cities(L.A. & N.Y.) suck right now... Kobe and Lebron would never mesh and the Knicks are just a sad story...I really don't know why it's called the B-Ball Mecca when they haven't won a ring since '69, and that's there only one!...But that's another issue...The Bulls are a young team on the rise w/ the best GM in the bizness right now.

Here's an intresting fact, Jim Paxson(Ex GM for Cleveland) the man who signed Lebron, is John Paxson' brother... It gets better...Jim Paxson was just hired to the Chicago Bulls staff...and all of a sudden Lebron cant decide...Sounds like trouble for Cleveland all over again...at the expense of a player wearing number 23... It won't be hard to get LeBron to play for us at all...He will still be in the Midwest and in the greatest city ever...The only hard part will be to get Jordan to allow his Jersey to come out of retirement so LeBron can wear that precious 23 on his back proudly in CHI-TOWN!!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 05:45 PM   #10
emsteez forreal
iWANNAgoHIGHER.

are you serious? jordan hated lebron before he even came to the league.
emsteez forreal is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: