Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 PM   #16
trig
Decent college freshman

trig has decent reputationtrig has decent reputation
Default Re: I want LO on this team

Priority is to get an elite player w/o losing Odom but its difficult to do. Odom is the lakers best asset together with kwame and byum. If we can convince the other team to get kwame and bynum for an elite player, then good but we should not take away the chance of getting a 2nd option just because we dont want to give up our 3rd option(odom)
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:21 AM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thing is, Phil mentioned that we're one player away from championship contention but if we trade Odom, then we still stay at one player away.

We need 3 scorers. Our starting lineup had 2 (maybe 1 and a half) consistent scorers in Kobe and Odom (he's the half)
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 12:30 AM   #18
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Thing is, Phil mentioned that we're one player away from championship contention but if we trade Odom, then we still stay at one player away.

We need 3 scorers. Our starting lineup had 2 (maybe 1 and a half) consistent scorers in Kobe and Odom (he's the half)

Thats a very good point Lakerfreak!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 01:36 AM   #19
sammdogg
Local High School Star

sammdogg has decent reputation

lamar should go.. he is simply not a winner. hes been on two teams with better than 500 records his whole nba career and they were the last to with the lakers. if lamar ever wanted to be a team player it would be now for him to be traded and help out a team. (lakers) his numbers are ok, but he just doesnt have the winningness some players have.
sammdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:32 AM   #20
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammdogg
lamar should go.. he is simply not a winner. hes been on two teams with better than 500 records his whole nba career and they were the last to with the lakers. if lamar ever wanted to be a team player it would be now for him to be traded and help out a team. (lakers) his numbers are ok, but he just doesnt have the winningness some players have.

what "winningness" are you talking about?

He fought hard the whole series. What else does he need to do?
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:27 AM   #21
lovethetriangle
LAKER FAN FOR LIFE

lovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation herelovethetriangle has an incredible reputation here

I like LO a lot, but if there's anyone other teams want from the Lakers, it's him. So I don't even want to consider the possibility of keeping him. Getting a JO or Pau and keeping Lamar would be ideal in my book but I would honestly have a solid pg and a star big over Lamar and a star big since we would have Luke, who in my opinion, fills the glue role a whole lot better.
lovethetriangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 AM   #22
Shark
I hit open layups

Shark has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
lamar should go.. he is simply not a winner. hes been on two teams with better than 500 records his whole nba career and they were the last to with the lakers.

Uncorrect. He played for a good Miami team (around .600 if I'm not wrong) and got to the 2nd round of the PO.
That was the year before coming to the Lakers.
Previously, he was in a Clipper team full of draft picks and young talent.
Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 04:32 PM   #23
dblockallstars
High school junior varsity star

dblockallstars has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree with what bleedinpurple said. In addition, lets remember the Lakers did not negotiate LO's contract. He was part of a package to make Shaq's numbers work. So, even though his contract is high, I don't think we can hold that "against" him as part of the arguments. He obviously played at a level that the Heat thought warranted those kinds of dollar figures at the time.

tha cat that said lo gets paid 2 much 4 a second option, I think nba players get paid a lot I mean shaq is a 2nd option n he gets 20 mil, n ginoblil I think gets over 10 mil n comes off tha bench....so does stack, like 13 mil off the bench, so I think he gets paid what he deseves
dblockallstars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:14 PM   #24
hwliuLAP
Local High School Star

hwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected posterhwliuLAP is a pretty well-respected poster

Manu makes 8 mil
Parker makes 9.5 mil
Stackhouse (if that's who you meant) 9 mil

LO makes 2 mil less than Vince Carter
hwliuLAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 06:55 PM   #25
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:

with respect to the playoffs, LO WAS our winning player. HE was the player that stepped up more than any other, including Kobe. In fact, he did so with a torn shoulder. if you were not impressed with his effort against the Suns, then watched a different game than I watched.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #26
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I agree with what bleedinpurple said. In addition, lets remember the Lakers did not negotiate LO's contract. He was part of a package to make Shaq's numbers work. So, even though his contract is high, I don't think we can hold that "against" him as part of the arguments. He obviously played at a level that the Heat thought warranted those kinds of dollar figures at the time.

Again, I'm not holding it against him. I think Lamar is great. But the Laker should explore if they can get more out of the 13-14 million they are paying him. Ideally I would like to keep him and trade Kwame's expiring contract (and change) for either a point guard or a real low post threat. Lamar can play solid defense, and he is particularly good on problematic players like Dirk or Rasheed. But the Lakers have a few NEEDS that must be addressed in order to get to the next level. And if he has to be part of the equaton to make it happen, then so be it. I believe he might be valuable enough to other teams that they are willing to trade someone who is more vaulable to us.

The other part of it is that Luke has really surprised me with how well he has evolved as a distributer. He is not as valuable as LO, but he will cost less than half what LO costs.

I would like to explore what we can get for Bynum and Kwame first before we "dump" Lamar. It all depends on who we can get for who we have to give up.
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #27
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle

Kobe aside, is there anyone on this team that you want to keep before Odom?

luke walton

the games he missed we were under .500 , ok lamar missed some of those games too, but wen luke was in and laamr was out we were still winning .500+
he's a smart player, and aslong as we use the triangle, hes a must to stay, if the lakers are in a good situation that wud allow us to make him 6th man, and improve our bench immensly, that would be great , bring on ronron for kwam and our 2 2nd rounders
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #28
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
with respect to the playoffs, LO WAS our winning player. HE was the player that stepped up more than any other, including Kobe. In fact, he did so with a torn shoulder. if you were not impressed with his effort against the Suns, then watched a different game than I watched.

A couple of things:

Lamar stepped it up more than Kobe, uh huh sure. I guess Lamar is able to step things up when Kobe is getting triple teamed. People keep talking about how kobe didn't step it up in the playoffs. But i think the question to be considered is stepped it up from what? Did he not just go off on that insane week of scoring? Was he supposed to strep it up from that?

Sure kobe should have averaged a cool 65 points in all his playoff appearances. WTF was he thinking....

Who cares if he is triple teamed. Who cares if he averaged 50+ points during that last week. He should still preveal! Fact is Lamar did step up. But guess what? Its about fukcing time he steps up. Damn. I mean heaven forbid he score 33 points or whatever it was his last game. He only makes 13-14 million per year.

Lamar does NOT have a winning attitude. He just simply does not. You don't disappear as often as he did during the regular season and then step it up during the playoffs and then all is just simply forgotten.

Having a *winning* attitude suggests you have your HEAD in the GAME. He had that for a couple of games..and yes I was impressed, but it's a little too late in my book.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:00 PM   #29
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

ok ima disagree with the guy above me a lil, odom does have some heart

he jus doenst mesh well with kobe, he isnt our pippen, we shud all just accept that

now that boston is doomed for another 10 yrs till ____ comes into the draft as the next "greg odon" what do u think they wil do with paul?
i meen they have a nice young nucleus but by the time they develop pierce who is 29 and whose team prob wont improve much for the next yr "might not be paul pierce" when his teamate are able to step up consistnly

theyr verrrry small rumors about boston now dealing pierce

no rumors to the lakers yet
but since they are an east team, and wouldnt mind sending a top 20 player to the other conference

ima assume they wudnt want lamar and his 13-14 mill contract
but with that young tallent
maybe we cud package andrewbynum who you all say every1 wants with kwames expiring 9 mill contract [kwame is very servicable and cud be resigned next yr for jus a few mill if they like him] + fillers?

what do u think now we have our 1st scoring option our 2nd option in lamar and or 2nd SCORING option in the truth
u double kobe u got another superstar to knock down the shot or get fouled... and he is hte same age as kobe practicly and i think they both end ther cantract in 2009 [kobe = opt out]
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #30
KOBEinSD24
I hit open 5-footers

KOBEinSD24 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
I really want to keep Odom. I think he can be an amazing championship asset if he isn't relied on to be a 2nd option scorer. He's a great teammate, very unselfish and well rounded, has a lot of heart, and will give you 110% every night. He will give you just about everything with his versatility. Hes not a second option scorer though, hes not a star player...

that sucks because as a third option, LO would flourish.

Btw, if Stan Van Gundy gets the head coaching job at Indy, its a LOCK that Indy will demand Odom since Van Gundy loves him.

LO next to ronnie is one of those players that gives 110% no matter who there goin up against and i think gasol is a better canadit than JO b/c LO stays in LA most likely
KOBEinSD24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: