Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-22-2007, 10:08 PM   #31
m1sterb
Great young streetballer

m1sterb has not been impressing people
Default Re: I want LO on this team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe=MVP07`
ok ima disagree with the guy above me a lil, odom does have some heart

he jus doenst mesh well with kobe, he isnt our pippen, we shud all just accept that

now that boston is doomed for another 10 yrs till ____ comes into the draft as the next "greg odon" what do u think they wil do with paul?
i meen they have a nice young nucleus but by the time they develop pierce who is 29 and whose team prob wont improve much for the next yr "might not be paul pierce" when his teamate are able to step up consistnly

theyr verrrry small rumors about boston now dealing pierce

no rumors to the lakers yet
but since they are an east team, and wouldnt mind sending a top 20 player to the other conference

ima assume they wudnt want lamar and his 13-14 mill contract
but with that young tallent
maybe we cud package andrewbynum who you all say every1 wants with kwames expiring 9 mill contract [kwame is very servicable and cud be resigned next yr for jus a few mill if they like him] + fillers?

what do u think now we have our 1st scoring option our 2nd option in lamar and or 2nd SCORING option in the truth
u double kobe u got another superstar to knock down the shot or get fouled... and he is hte same age as kobe practicly and i think they both end ther cantract in 2009 [kobe = opt out]

Never suggested that Odom doesn't have heart.
m1sterb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #32
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb
A couple of things:

Lamar stepped it up more than Kobe, uh huh sure. I guess Lamar is able to step things up when Kobe is getting triple teamed. People keep talking about how kobe didn't step it up in the playoffs. But i think the question to be considered is stepped it up from what? Did he not just go off on that insane week of scoring? Was he supposed to strep it up from that?

Sure kobe should have averaged a cool 65 points in all his playoff appearances. WTF was he thinking....

Who cares if he is triple teamed. Who cares if he averaged 50+ points during that last week. He should still preveal! Fact is Lamar did step up. But guess what? Its about fukcing time he steps up. Damn. I mean heaven forbid he score 33 points or whatever it was his last game. He only makes 13-14 million per year.

Lamar does NOT have a winning attitude. He just simply does not. You don't disappear as often as he did during the regular season and then step it up during the playoffs and then all is just simply forgotten.

Having a *winning* attitude suggests you have your HEAD in the GAME. He had that for a couple of games..and yes I was impressed, but it's a little too late in my book.

Winners step up when it counts the most. LO did so this year. He did so last year. And if I recall correctly, he did so on Miami.

As for the regular season, it was a rough year. Could he do better? Yes. Were his injuries an excuse? Well, he didn't make any excuses...he played thru it. Are there better power forwards? Absolutely. And perhaps we can acquire one.
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #33
Kobe=MVP07`
Local High School Star

Kobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation hereKobe=MVP07` has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by m1sterb

Having a *winning* attitude suggests you have your HEAD in the GAME. He had that for a couple of games..and yes I was impressed, but it's a little too late in my book.

i agree, the only time he scored 30+ was the first and last game of the season, what happend to the other 85 games in between??
Kobe=MVP07` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:22 PM   #34
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurple
As for the regular season, it was a rough year. Could he do better? Yes. Were his injuries an excuse? Well, he didn't make any excuses...he played thru it. Are there better power forwards? Absolutely. And perhaps we can acquire one.

A rough year???

- Loses his son (for those of you who are not parents, you have no clue how devastating this is)
- Knee
- Shoulder

I'd say its been BEYOND a rough year! And during this whole thing, he did not quit or make excuses.

He's got more character than a lot of you give him credit for!

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:35 PM   #35
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
A rough year???

- Loses his son (for those of you who are not parents, you have no clue how devastating this is)
- Knee
- Shoulder

I'd say its been BEYOND a rough year! And during this whole thing, he did not quit or make excuses.

He's got more character than a lot of you give him credit for!

espn did a little piece on lamar the other night...he talked about holding his dead son in the hospital and how he stayed with him for a couple hours just to say goodbye, my wife was sitting next to me and we were both had tears in our eyes... the very fact he went through that and stilll fought through the injuries shows me the type of character that any team would want to have on the team...
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:00 AM   #36
SoCalMike

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
espn did a little piece on lamar the other night...he talked about holding his dead son in the hospital and how he stayed with him for a couple hours just to say goodbye, my wife was sitting next to me and we were both had tears in our eyes... the very fact he went through that and stilll fought through the injuries shows me the type of character that any team would want to have on the team...

wow.... i wish i could have seen that espn piece, but then again, i am glad i did not. i cannot imagine what LO has gone through.

Old 05-23-2007, 12:08 AM   #37
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalMike
I certainly agree with what you said. There are those that are fickle however, and only measure his effectiveness by the stat sheet.

THANK YOU.
but at the same time. i can disagree with what was first stated. i think lamar can be a strong 2nd scoring option. If they find a strong 3rd or actually someone to help control the D and rebounds. Or actually they can have the 2nd option and 3rd kinda share to become an equal 2nd option.(if that makes sense) kinda like whats going on in Cleveland only L.O. is a lot better than Hughes. and i expect our 2nd and third punch to be way more effective than the Cav's.KOBE>LEBRON
or like in washington...etc.
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:09 AM   #38
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts

thats deep....
man i love lamar...lol
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 12:22 AM   #39
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
thats deep....
man i love lamar...lol
yeah me too but and id love nothing more than to keep him just because i do like the man as a person.. but it is a business
1st. so as much as i like him i'd understand if he were traded...
Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 AM   #40
gts
Sons of Antartica

wow it's on you tube... here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxviH7DfdOU
Old 05-23-2007, 01:16 AM   #41
SoCalMike

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
wow it's on you tube... here ya go...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxviH7DfdOU

thanks speedy! you rock!

Old 05-23-2007, 12:01 PM   #42
bleedinpurple
Decent college freshman

bleedinpurple has an OK reputation so far

Unfortunately this is a business, not a love-fest.
Like I've said in many threads, if our best option involve moving LO, then that's what we have to do. Sadly, the "best option" will be determined by the Buss' and Mitch (presumably with Phil/Kobe sign-off). Who knows what the best option ultimately ends up being?
bleedinpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 03:31 PM   #43
MyLakers
I hit open 5-footers

MyLakers has an OK reputation so far

I think some of you are missing it! Its not about whether Lamar is sufficient 2nd scoring option, its about WHERE the 2nd option scores from.
  • If LO was scoring and passing out of the POST, the entire offense would run better; giving everyone in the offense easier looks - the whole team runs better.
  • If Lamar was deadly beyond the arc, he would open up the interior to allow lesser post players easier looks within the post - the whole team runs better.
  • If lamar was a relentless penetrater that could finish at the rim or pass out to the perimeter - the whole team offense runs better.

But Lamar doesn't rutinely score like any of the options above. He is a good distributer guy and does everything pretty well. And although it is really important to have these types of "glue" players on your team, we NEED specialized players that by their very presence, the offense runs better.

This doesn't mean I am in favor of dumping Lamar. But if we can't use our other trade assets to acquire a PG and/or a real post player, we have to look at Lamar.
MyLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 04:30 PM   #44
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

^ That's exactly right MyLakers. Odom adds no balance to this team but being who he is.
Some like him and excuse him but Odom being Odom just isn't a good fit for the Lakers, no matter the numbers.
This team needs different personal. The only way I can bare with Odom is if we get a SF like Artest and a few more studs at other positions who fit in nicely.

Odom is not a bad player. I think he's not a winner but that hadn't been proven yet although he hasn't proven otherwise to be fair but what exactly does he add to this team that is so valuable?
Rebounding I guess. Other than that, they can play without him.
He's gives you a bit of everything but not much of anything.

Ideally, Kobe would need a prime Horace Grant/PJ Brown/Kurt Thomas type of a PF, someone tough, defensive and good from the mid range.

Odom just.....meh, terrible fit. Huge money.

And for the question who I'd rather keep, the answer is Bynum. I'd rather trade Odom than Bynum but I repeat, I think I could bare with Odom if we were to get Artest and a few more athletic players with some shooting, IQ and defense.
Odom is better suited

Last edited by OneWay : 05-23-2007 at 04:33 PM.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 06:12 PM   #45
Laker's Future
Banned

Laker's Future has an OK reputation so far

Sorry to say I'm all for trading LO before Bynum! Not just because of his big contract but, how many times he'sbeen a big hole in our offense. Like Cook and Smush were for our defense. LO would be left wide open in-front of the three point line, because most teams will let Odom fire the three any time. And while he's wide open there, the defense is allowed to get away with double teams. I freak out when I see Odom pull up for three! Especially when the game is on the line. And many times we're making a come back in a game, their goes Odom fire a three' clank. Then the other teams going down for a fast break and easy 2.
Then there is Odom contract, 13.5 mil the 14.5 mil then ? What's next, I'm afraid we will be paying him 16 to 18 mil or more! If we're going to bring in a true 2nd option. I believe Odom has to go! Unless we get Artest, but I would trade Odom for Artest and the Kings 10 th pick or for Gasol, and I guess JO even though I'm still not in-favor of getting him. Just a bad feeling with his surgery and all. I think JO will miss many games next year. Not to mention his huge contract.
Laker's Future is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: