Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 05-21-2007, 03:28 PM   #1
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here
Default Who do you want the Cats to draft?

Obviously we'd all like Oden or Durant, but our chances of those two are pretty slim. So, with that in mind, who do you want to see on the Bobcats next year?

Personally, I'd like to have either Mike Conely or Roy Hibbert. They both can fill the needs we are looking at and they have a lot of talent and potential.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #2
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Who do you want the Cats to draft?

Add Corey Brewer to your list of candidates and that would be mine also.
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 04:10 PM   #3
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Timmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation hereTimmeh has a near all-star reputation here

yeah a lot of mock drafts have us taking him with our pick
Old 05-21-2007, 04:18 PM   #4
Bobcat4Ever
Six Pack Cat

Bobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation hereBobcat4Ever has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh
yeah a lot of mock drafts have us taking him with our pick

Yep. Are you in favor of this?
Bobcat4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:10 PM   #5
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

I don't have anything against that pick. I think he'd do great on our team.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #6
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

How does Mike Conley fit a need for us? We need so much help on the interior and at SG the last thing I believe we need is a PG, but thats just my take on it.
liverpooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

he can play SG. ISH has us getting Acie Law IV, we dont need him.
Old 05-21-2007, 09:57 PM   #8
liverpooty
Local High School Star

liverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected posterliverpooty is a pretty well-respected poster

Mike Conley would get ripped at SG in the NBA. The 2 PG back court we had with Knight and Felton was a disaster, and I would rather have a 6'4 to 6'6 natural SG than a 6'1 pure PG playing the 2.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:52 PM   #9
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

True but if he's the best player around when its our pick then we have to get him. Plus, if we can't play him at 2, BK becomes attractive trade bait.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:48 PM   #10
liverpooty
Local High School Star

We will probably pick around 8th which Conley will still be on the board. At 8 he isnt the best player on the board, especially with the needs we have as far as big men. If he was to slip down to 22 or so ( which would be more dramatic than Quinn slipping in the NFl draft ) then yeah, would be a nice pickup.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #11
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

Definitely. If he's there when we pick, I want Roy Hibbert. He'll be a nice replacement for Brezec at Center.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:11 AM   #12
ILuvThisGame
My Swag is Phenomenal

ILuvThisGame has an OK reputation so far

I normally agree with everything you have to say about the Cats. But Conley is absolutely useless to us. He cannot and will not ever be able to play SG. We need a shooter/scorer to spread the floor and that is the biggest thing that Conley needs improvement on.
But I do agree with Hibbert and Brewer. Both would be great. I think Noah, Julian Wright, or Jeff Green could fill the holes we have also.

8th pick is great in this draft. A lottery pick is almost a guaranteed impact player, hopefully this will be our last lottery for years to come.
ILuvThisGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 08:15 AM   #13
Yossarian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yossarian has an OK reputation so far

Obviously I think Brewer is the best case scenario for 8th pick. But what do you guys think about maybe trading down for Al Thornton if possible. I haven't thought about with who, maybe someone who needs to move up an get connelly. Hibbert will deffinitely be better than Primoz but he doesn't get me excited.
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 10:01 AM   #14
Yossarian
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Yossarian has an OK reputation so far

There goes Hibbert...
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...pid=sec-sports
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2007, 05:18 PM   #15
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

aaaaggggghhhhhh what?????!!!!!!!??????? piss....we need him too.

As for the Thornton idea. I don't think we need to trade down our 8th pick. If anything, we should trade our 22nd pick plus a player (like BK, May, or McInnis) for a higher pick.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: