Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-21-2007, 05:01 PM   #16
Nero
Great young streetballer

Nero has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Jazz-Spurs series draw record lows in audience

The 3.8 overnight is down 43% from the 6.7/15 the comparable Cavaliers/Pistons Game 7 drew on the same date last year

A Game 7 isn't comparable to a Game 1, but yeah Spurs basketball is doomed. I wonder what rule changes they'll come up with to speed the game up even more.
Nero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #17
NBABaller
Banned

NBABaller has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
LOL, NBABalller, looks like we have something in common...your pistons are just as boring as our spurs!

Your Spurs* are so boring that they couldn't even sell out Game 1 leaving more than 500 seat empty...

Now, that's sad!
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:02 PM   #18
dak121
College superstar

dak121 is considered somewhat cooldak121 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
Spurs need to play up their new found bad boy image to get some appeal or they'll get hosed next year. More dirty plays from Bruce. More body checks from Horry. Acquire a thug in the offseason. I know Parker has the personality to be a cocky bastard. Needs to use that more and hobnob with his wife's celebrity freinds. Hit the red carpet Tony! Manu is very emotional and comes up with flashy plays -- both good and bad. I don't know what's not to like there. TD can't be helped. Trade their uniforms in for shiny silver ones.

Fortson would look good in black and silver. And the Spurs would be a great villian team. The only thing stopping them is the fact that they play in small-market San Antonio. Put that squad in New York and they would be the most hated team in all of pro sports.
dak121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:07 PM   #19
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NBABaller
Your Spurs* are so boring that they couldn't even sell out Game 1 leaving more than 500 seat empty...

Now, that's sad!

its all good. we are boring, big whoop. Spurs fans are still going to watch. do we really care who else watches? HELL NO.

GO SPURS GO!
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 PM   #20
Rockets(T-mac)
NBA sixth man of the year

Rockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputationRockets(T-mac) has a terrific reputation

This is pretty damn sad.
Rockets(T-mac) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #21
Cavsfan
Banned

Cavsfan has an OK reputation so far

Hire David Blaine to perform his magic in the 2nd half of the season.
Cavsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:09 PM   #22
Nero
Great young streetballer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dak121
Fortson would look good in black and silver. And the Spurs would be a great villian team. The only thing stopping them is the fact that they play in small-market San Antonio. Put that squad in New York and they would be the most hated team in all of pro sports.

True, he could really help them out with free throw shooting and rebounding -- their too main weaknesses. Basketball and marketing move. win/win.

Last edited by Nero : 05-21-2007 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:11 PM   #23
Nero
Great young streetballer

At spurstalk.com they have an article about the Spurs not selling out the game for the first time in years. They have among the cheapest tickets in the league and there were still 500 or so empty seats for the conference finals.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:12 PM   #24
SsKSpurs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero
At spurstalk.com they have an article about the Spurs not selling out the game for the first time in years. They have among the cheapest tickets in the league and there were still 500 or so empty seats for the conference finals.

damnit, i should have bought some tickets. game 1 against the jazz... snooze fest. it will pick up, well, atleast in san antonio anyways. cant speak for the rest of the world...but alteast i will be watching, and for me, thats all that really matters.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:14 PM   #25
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Only one way to solve this....FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #26
SsKSpurs21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRapz
Only one way to solve this....FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!

JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM   #27
New Jazzy Nets
New Uni's 2010-2011

New Jazzy Nets has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
damnit, i should have bought some tickets. game 1 against the jazz... snooze fest. it will pick up, well, atleast in san antonio anyways. cant speak for the rest of the world...but alteast i will be watching, and for me, thats all that really matters.

i hear ya
New Jazzy Nets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:21 PM   #28
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

3.0 isn't a bad rating.

Maybe low for the NBA.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:22 PM   #29
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Of course people in Maine dont care about the Jazz and Spurs.

Outside Utah and Texas nobody but hardcore fans gives a damn about the Spurs and Jazz. No matter where you go.

Spurs and Suns as last year showed did better. Sprs could create ratings with the right matchup. But the Jazz just dont matter nationally yet. They are the worst possible matchup ratings wise. Literally. Every other west playoff team would make for a more watched series I think.

Suns
Warriors
Mavs
Nuggets
Lakers
Rockets

vs spurs...all make for a series more people care about.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 05:44 PM   #30
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

People are crazy, I think it's a great matchup. I'd move to Texas if I was guaranteed 82 games a year of Sloan vs. Popovich.
kwajo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: