Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 05-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #46
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Jazz-Spurs series draw record lows in audience

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemanfan
By all means if you don't like them, don't watch, don't cry, don't *****, don't whine and stop even thinking about them. Bad enough that they pwn your ass and they don't even know you. I guess obsesion is more than just a fragrance from Klien. Like I said before I do not care about the rest of the country. The NBA has changed the rules repeatedly in order to prevent the Spurs (and Pistons) from advancing and yet it still fails to work. Perhaps they should make Pop coach for NY Knicks. Give Pop the Knicks GM spot and in three years they would be in the finals. Pop gets no respect but the guy has done more with other teams cast offs, low first round picks and 2nd round picks than anyone...oh ya and one lotto #1.

Does Pop deserve that much credit? I hear the Spurs scouting department is one of the best when evaluating, assessing international talent. What about RC Buford when he took over GM duties?
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:31 PM   #47
elementally morale
College superstar

elementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputationelementally morale has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsKSpurs21
its all good. we are boring, big whoop. Spurs fans are still going to watch. do we really care who else watches? HELL NO.

GO SPURS GO!

It's great... but if the ratings keep going down you will not be watching anything my friend, since it will simply not worth it for the advertisers to finance the broadcast anymore. Get it?

Being boring is not a problem in itself, but it is a huge problem when it comes to advertising money, and, finally even broadcasting rights.
elementally morale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 07:44 PM   #48
bekalc
I brick open layups

bekalc has an OK reputation so far

I'm not sure why people are "protesting" this finals...Maybe the Suns/Golden state basketball is more exciting, but well it hasn't won championships...The Jazz beat the Warriors pretty convincingly, and the Suns have a losing record against the Spurs.

Frankly, I think the NBA could help their cause by promoting good basketball (crazy I know.) Why not promote the good teams, introduce people more to Duncan.. Praise the team concept.

Honestly, what kind of real changes can they truly make.. Are they going to forbid defense? Award style points?

I actually think that there are some aspects of slower basketball that's kind of exciting. It would be boring if every single time someone scored. And blow outs can be pretty boring too....
bekalc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:05 PM   #49
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

If this draws lower ratings than the Cavs/Pistons, I don't know what to say.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2007, 08:45 PM   #50
NBABaller
Banned

NBABaller has an OK reputation so far

Bump
NBABaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 08:27 AM   #51
John Starks
National High School Star

John Starks has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
If this draws lower ratings than the Cavs/Pistons, I don't know what to say.

Cavs and Pistons will unquestionably draw higher - - the end of the game was on at a time when evberyone on all coasts can watch + look at my national broadcast list and see where Cleve and Det rank:

Date Time Teams Play-by-play Color Rating Viewers +/-
2006-12-25 2:30 p.m Los Angeles Lakers 85,
Miami Heat 101
2007-01-21 1:00 p.m Dallas Mavericks 99,
Miami Heat 93
2007-01-28 1:00 p.m Phoenix Suns 115,
Cleveland Cavaliers 100

3:30 p.m San Antonio Spurs 96,
Los Angeles Lakers 94
2007-02-04 2:30 p.m Detroit Pistons 90,
Cleveland Cavaliers 78

2007-02-11 1:00 p.m. San Antonio Spurs 85,
Miami Heat 100
3:30 p.m Los Angeles Lakers 90,
Cleveland Cavaliers 99

2007-02-25 1:00 p.m Chicago Bulls 93,
Detroit Pistons 95

Cleveland Cavaliers 81,
Miami Heat 86

2007-03-04 3:30 p.m Los Angeles Lakers vs.
Phoenix Suns
2007-03-11 3:30 p.m Denver Nuggets vs.
Sacramento Kings
2007-03-18 3:30 p.m Dallas Mavericks vs.
Detroit Pistons

2007-03-25 3:30 p.m Phoenix Suns vs.
Sacramento Kings
2007-04-01 1:00 p.m. Miami Heat vs.
Detroit Pistons

3:30 p.m Dallas Mavericks vs.
Phoenix Suns
2007-04-08 1:00 p.m. Cleveland Cavaliers vs.
Detroit Pistons

3:30 p.m Phoenix Suns vs.
Los Angeles Lakers
2007-04-15 1:00 p.m. Chicago Bulls vs.
Washington Wizards
3:30 p.m San Antonio Spurs vs.
Dallas Mavericks

These teams combined to be on 8 times of 20 - including two times that they faced off head to head. Its about 4 times a piece, which is about right for 2 of the top-four teams.

ABC/ESPN invested ALOT in this matchup and we'll see if it pays off.

Its a Game 1 on cable, on Monday night. Anything over a 3.5 is (I think) a victory.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 09:34 AM   #52
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

I think the best way to help the nba ratings is to change some rules,giving teams like the Suns a better chance of winning...if the shot-clock has only 20 seconds,the whole game would be faster,no slow-it-down-style anymore...
and no more zone-defense,"1-on-1 is fun"
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 11:01 AM   #53
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenk
I think the best way to help the nba ratings is to change some rules,giving teams like the Suns a better chance of winning...if the shot-clock has only 20 seconds,the whole game would be faster,no slow-it-down-style anymore...
and no more zone-defense,"1-on-1 is fun"

I completely completely disagree with you. There is nothing wrong with the product of NBA Basketball -- there is always something wrong but the games are as exciting now as they were back in the hi-ratings times.

The problem is in the marketing...Last night was the highly rated Dancing w/Stars on ABC -- any ads for the NBA on ABC this weekend? Sunday night was just after a good SA v. Jazz game and the highly rated Housewives was on -- any ads for the NBA on ABC??

After tomorrow (Wed-Lost) - ABC is done and done with its original programming for the year. Its over -- why aren';t the CF on ABC primetime from here on out?

Why didn't we get NBA on ABC until Christmas (halfway into the season) and then the next time a full month later? No games in Nov, one in Dec, 2 in Jan.

Why wasn;t the AS game on ABC?

The package has been terrbily handled. Poorly marketed. Audiences are not small because the Spurs are "boring"...they are small because there has been no set-up...no Spur storyline set up for the mass-audience for this to be the climactic conclusion for.

For example - if, lets say, in Dec - ABC starts working on half-time specials on the teams we all sort of know wil be good. Not Utah - but SA,Dall, Phx, Clev, Chi, Det, NJ. Each team gets a storyline and a personality...

Dall, the frontrunners on the comback tour
Sa, the crowning of the greatest PF who EVER LIVED
Phx, the up-tempo futuree ofthe game
Clev - the birth of a superstar
etc.

Those sotrylines get followed as each team plays its weekly games - ESPN, ABC, TNt all pick up on it. Then by the time we get to here -- people are watching SA to wathc the greatest PF who ever lived be crowned.

Couldn't do it because SA was only on 3 times, we didn't see him at theAS game - where these things are reinforced - so now its like "OK here's this game and this team - no drama no storyline, just watch"

Last edited by John Starks : 05-22-2007 at 11:05 AM.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #54
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

GOOD. .it's what that ****** gets.

Suns woulda had GOAT ratings
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:21 PM   #55
dhenk
Why do you care?

dhenk has an OK reputation so far

so you think the nba has a pr-problem?let me tell you something...
Im from europe,and when I want to see the nba,i have to do it with sopcast(legal!),as all my friends do...there is 0 (in words:ZERO) nba ad on tv,cause there is no nba on tv

But in our basketball forums,or when I talk with my friends,you always hear the same:"It`s great to see the Suns,but the Spurs are LAME" and "Back in the 80s,90s,that was great basketball". The nba is loosing comptition,and the rules support teams like the spurs or the pistons.

Defense wins championships?Only if the rules of the game allow it.the game has become a lot more athletic,and so the rules need to be adjusted...

Last edited by dhenk : 05-22-2007 at 02:25 PM.
dhenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 02:29 PM   #56
John Starks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhenk
But in our basketball forums,or when I talk with my friends,you always hear the same:"It`s great to see the Suns,but the Spurs are LAME" and "Back in the 80s,90s,that was great basketball". The nba is loosing comptition,and the rules support teams like the spurs or the pistons.

What is lame about the Spurs. The efificency. Defense. Shot making. What is the "lame" part?
Old 05-22-2007, 06:23 PM   #57
Gespinoza1
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Gespinoza1 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by bence23
GOOD. .it's what that ****** gets.

Suns woulda had GOAT ratings

Exactly so the NBA loves ratings so purposely sending the Spurs to the next round is dumb! Thats why it was not fixed or the NBA does not favor the Spurs.

Maybe listen to your own player............> http://www.broadbandnewsnet.com/news...asp?a=3819&z=1
Gespinoza1 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: