Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Indiana Pacers Forum

Indiana Pacers Forum Indiana Pacers message board - pacers fan forum

Old 03-05-2008, 10:23 AM   #1
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Default Changes for Next year

It obvious that changes need to be made. What changes would you implement for next season? To be honest, I would he happy if the Pacers sank the season and got a good pick and started from there. Theres a lot of PG and PF/C talent in this years draft, which is exactly what we need (we have WAY too many good swingmen). I think the Pacers would realisticly get the 7th pick http://www.nbadraft.net/index.asp?content=mock2008 , which could mean OJ Mayo (PG) or even DeAndre Jordan (C). We somehow need to get rid of O'Neal, Tinsley, and Murphy; they all have heavy contracts. Its clear we have a really young team, which is good considering we're going to have another young player added after the draft. I would love to see this starting lineup at the end of next season:

Tinsley (somehow)
Dunleavy
Granger
Diogu (he needs to get more playing time
DeAndre Jordan

and have Daniels, Rush and Foster off the bench...

what do you guys think? We really need to get rid of JO and Murphy, I hate their contracts
PacerRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 03:42 PM   #2
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Default Re: Changes for Next year

i hope we don't bother resigning rush. he has impressed me at all. daniels might be on the way out if he doesn't get his act str8 and i wouldn't miss his salary either.
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 04:49 PM   #3
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbot
i hope we don't bother resigning rush. he has impressed me at all. daniels might be on the way out if he doesn't get his act str8 and i wouldn't miss his salary either.
why dont you like Rush? Hes provided solid offense off the bench
Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM   #4
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

I'd love too see Rush come back as long as we don't have to overpay. It's time to part ways with J.O. and Tinsley, so I'm ready to see our new PG and PF/C of the future come in next year. I'm betting that J.O./Tins are headed to New York in some kind of trade, We'll be getting Marbury with his short contract and whoever else it takes to make the deal work salary wise.
Irk Woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #5
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irk Woodsman
I'd love too see Rush come back as long as we don't have to overpay. It's time to part ways with J.O. and Tinsley, so I'm ready to see our new PG and PF/C of the future come in next year. I'm betting that J.O./Tins are headed to New York in some kind of trade, We'll be getting Marbury with his short contract and whoever else it takes to make the deal work salary wise.
I think you may be right.

Man, where to start... this team has a lot of problems. We are among the worst rebounding teams in the league. We need to get some picks, and some rebounding in a trade involving JO/and or Tinsley.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008, 06:38 PM   #6
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Marbury & Crawford, or Richardson or Curry match up pretty well with J.O. & Tins salary wise. After thinking about, Marbury's $21mil expiring contract is going to be pretty valuable, we'd be lucky to get that deal. If I'm NY, I wouldn't do it. But, Thomas loves J.O. & Tins so you never know....
Old 03-05-2008, 06:46 PM   #7
PacerRaptor
B-Rush for ROY

Marbury is making about $20 million and has the remainder of this season and next season left on his contract. Not a bad salary dump!
Old 03-05-2008, 11:53 PM   #8
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by PacerRaptor
why dont you like Rush? Hes provided solid offense off the bench

eh, i'm just being a grumpy pacer fan. his 3pt % is great but i wish he was scoring just a tad bit more.
Old 03-06-2008, 09:36 AM   #9
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

Tinsley's gotta go. Whether it's a legit injury, that ole sinus infection, or him just being a bum, the dude can't stay on the court. When he was playing well he was (somewhat) worth the PR problems he caused. Not anymore, get rid of him.

JO should go, but won't. Trading him in the offseason wouldn't amount to anything more than a salary dump, his value is that low. I'm not ready to go that far to get rid of him. Get him healthy, wait for him to put up at least 16/8 next year with his ALWAYS great post defense, then try and trade him for picks and young guard prospect if we don't draft one, along with whatever contract to make it work. This would be hard to find that combination, which is why I think he'll play out his contract here in Indy. If the guy could ever be consistently healthy that'd be great, but at this point 60 games would surprise me.

Rush should be back, no doubt about it. He'll probably be overpaid by someone, something like $5mil a year, so he'll leave. But if they can keep him for something like $2.5 you do it. He's our only real two, easily our best shooter, and has surprised me a lot with his defense. His D's nothing stellar, but at least he has the foot speed to stay in front of perimeter players.

The biggest thing we need is a PG. Getting in the top 5 and getting Derrick Rose would be a dream, but it's a pipedream I'm afraid. A guy like Darren Collison or DJ Augustin would be very nice though, and we should be obtainable. And when JO comes back, he needs to understand he's not the man anymore, Danny is. And to a certain extent, Mike should get the look before JO. He needs to focus on defense since he's so good at it. No more of the 13ft jumpers, dish it out.

Oh, and please don't draft Eric Gordon. Sure it'd sell tickets, but I don't like his game all that much.

Thanks for reading my rant.
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 05:33 PM   #10
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Tinsley's gotta go. Whether it's a legit injury, that ole sinus infection, or him just being a bum, the dude can't stay on the court. When he was playing well he was (somewhat) worth the PR problems he caused. Not anymore, get rid of him.

JO should go, but won't. Trading him in the offseason wouldn't amount to anything more than a salary dump, his value is that low. I'm not ready to go that far to get rid of him. Get him healthy, wait for him to put up at least 16/8 next year with his ALWAYS great post defense, then try and trade him for picks and young guard prospect if we don't draft one, along with whatever contract to make it work. This would be hard to find that combination, which is why I think he'll play out his contract here in Indy. If the guy could ever be consistently healthy that'd be great, but at this point 60 games would surprise me.

Rush should be back, no doubt about it. He'll probably be overpaid by someone, something like $5mil a year, so he'll leave. But if they can keep him for something like $2.5 you do it. He's our only real two, easily our best shooter, and has surprised me a lot with his defense. His D's nothing stellar, but at least he has the foot speed to stay in front of perimeter players.

The biggest thing we need is a PG. Getting in the top 5 and getting Derrick Rose would be a dream, but it's a pipedream I'm afraid. A guy like Darren Collison or DJ Augustin would be very nice though, and we should be obtainable. And when JO comes back, he needs to understand he's not the man anymore, Danny is. And to a certain extent, Mike should get the look before JO. He needs to focus on defense since he's so good at it. No more of the 13ft jumpers, dish it out.

Oh, and please don't draft Eric Gordon. Sure it'd sell tickets, but I don't like his game all that much.

Thanks for reading my rant.
I loved it, nice post. You totally hit all of our problems and what's most likely going to happened right square on the head.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:34 PM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
eh, i'm just being a grumpy pacer fan. his 3pt % is great but i wish he was scoring just a tad bit more.
DUDE, THAT IS BY FAR THE BEST AVATAR I HAVE SEEN ON ISH. EVER.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:37 PM   #12
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
DUDE, THAT IS BY FAR THE BEST AVATAR I HAVE SEEN ON ISH. EVER.

thanx! the real props go to StroShow for making it. i had the idea though. i think i'll be keeping it for a while.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:43 PM   #13
jbot
Future D1 Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
We need to get some picks, and some rebounding in a trade involving JO/and or Tinsley.

for trade: 2 injury prone players. one is a former all-star forward and the other is a underachieving guard.

i'm just joking w/ ya, catz.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:56 PM   #14
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

Quote:
for trade: 2 injury prone players. one is a former all-star forward and the other is a underachieving guard.

i'm just joking w/ ya, catz.

I know man. I'm good at picking up humor.

I'm sure if we add David "Highness" Harrison in there we could make a run at Kobe.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:04 PM   #15
Irk Woodsman
I airball my layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
Rush should be back, no doubt about it. He'll probably be overpaid by someone, something like $5mil a year, so he'll leave.
Good post. I would have to say that if we were to get Rush for around $4mil x 3 or 4yrs I wouldn't feel like we overpaid. I am not a huge fan or anything, but he seems to do good in this system and he is a "slightly better than average" player to me.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: